Wii side effects

saveliberty

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2009
Got a Wii system with Wii fit for Christmas. I have found out some interesting things about the Wii since.

- If you do about 30-60 mins a day of the aerobics, you'll lose weight. Started 1/2/10 and have lost over 8 lbs.
- I have heard from several nurses in our family that dislocated shoulders from the boxing part are not uncommon. They don't mention that in the instructions.
- If I reach the optimal BMI numbers, I'll be a walking skeleton. They don't take into account muscle mass at all.
- The cat wants no part of the Wii pet function. Generally considers the whole thing a waste of valuable people time. Should be using that time to pet the cat or other cat need.

I am thinking about getting one with my tax return, right now I play bowling or baseball over at friends.

Got a Wii system with Wii fit for Christmas. I have found out some interesting things about the Wii since.

- If you do about 30-60 mins a day of the aerobics, you'll lose weight. Started 1/2/10 and have lost over 8 lbs.
- I have heard from several nurses in our family that dislocated shoulders from the boxing part are not uncommon. They don't mention that in the instructions.
- If I reach the optimal BMI numbers, I'll be a walking skeleton. They don't take into account muscle mass at all.
- The cat wants no part of the Wii pet function. Generally considers the whole thing a waste of valuable people time. Should be using that time to pet the cat or other cat need.

Don't forget Wii elbow.

And this nifty little thing:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAhIqX6lSCs&feature=related[/ame]

I'd recommend these games:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRVhquzo4bU]YouTube - Banned Wii Games[/ame]

If you're a candidate for dislocating a shoulder playing Wii, I recommend regularly lifting more than just the TV remote higher than elbow level. :eusa_eh:

If you're a candidate for dislocating a shoulder playing Wii, I recommend regularly lifting more than just the TV remote higher than elbow level. :eusa_eh:

I don't know the condition of the people who dislocated the shoulders. I do know that I have a bad left shoulder courtesy of a beach volleyball game twenty years ago. That combined with 72 lbs. landscape block in the lanscape business for five years pretty much tore mine up good.

Working on weight loss for the most part right now. Starting in March I should be able to shift some of the time to the yoga and increase flexibility.

Tendonitis in my right knee / lower leg due to playing game after game of Wii tennis! After visiting an Ortho MD, therapy and laying off the tennis, my leg is all better. But I have to say, I do miss playing. If I didn't get into it so much, if I could stay in one spot and play, I'd be alright. But I can't. lol

I love Wii Fit and I love the boxing. No dislocated shoulder here!

Forum List

Back