Wife of man murdered by FBI and Oregon State Police files suit

Link? You do realize that the Bundy's had very little land?

Bundy and BLM: 10 things to know

2. The Bundy family has owned its ranch since the 1870s. The ranch is only about 160 acres, which isn’t enough space to sustain the hundreds of cattle that Bundy owns. He insists the disputed land around his ranch belongs to the state of Nevada, rather than the federal government, and he says the feds have no authority in the area. He told the Sun the government is trying to sabotage his plans to someday turn the ranch over to his son.

Read more: Bundy and BLM: 10 things to know
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

The Bundy's owe more in back grazing fees than all of the rest of the ranchers in the US put together.

Permits[edit]
Under Bureau of Land Management permits that had first been issued in 1954, Bundy grazed his cattle legally and paid his grazing fees on the Bunkerville Allotment until 1993. In that year, as a protest, Bundy did not pay renewal fees. His permit was canceled in 1994.[8][9] Although the agency made several attempts to have Bundy renew the permit, the rancher declared that he no longer recognized the BLM's authority to regulate his grazing, and he asserted that he had "vested rights" to graze cattle on the land.[3] Federal courts consistently ruled against Bundy, concluding that he was a trespasser with no right to graze on federal land. The courts authorized the BLM to remove Bundy's cattle and to levy damages for unauthorized use.[3][10]

Bundy accumulated more than $1 million of unpaid grazing fees and court-ordered fines.[11][12] The Portland Oregoniannewspaper reported in May 2014 that the amount that Bundy owed stood in "stark contrast" to the situation in Oregon, where just 45 of the state's roughly 1,100 grazing permit holders collectively owed $18,759 in past-due payments to the BLM.[13]Excluding Bundy's unpaid fees, the total of all late grazing fees owed nationwide to the BLM was only $237,000.[14]

Bundy standoff - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes, I understand that. However there are plenty of pictures that show dead cows on Bundy land. I have presented one of those in a link above.
You presented a link that stated that the photos were from the social media. That means those photos could be from anywhere. And there are plenty of cattle chutes on BLM land. Those photos could have been taken in Argentina for all the proof you have of there origin.

Yes, part of what you say is true. However the whole BLM raid is stupid. A tax lien gets the feds everything they want, and there is no need for bloodshed. cliven bundy is an asshole, a moron, and a liar. Their claim to have been there since the 1870's is patently false. Records show his father buying the property from Raoul Leavitt in 1948. He relied on government complacency, and ineptitude, to cover his not paying the grazing fees. That worked for a long time, but now the government has finally woken up and want the money owed to them.

I think the amount claimed is absurd, but the bundy's clearly owe the feds tons of money. Probably more than they have in cash, and maybe even more than what they have in total property. I simply don't know. What I do know is the BLM was stupid in launching the assault. Stupid, stupid, stupid. They had everything to lose, and unless we are living in a dictatorship where fear of government is desired, nothing to gain.

The Bundy's had threatened lawmen before with guns. What they should have done was rounded up the family, put them in jail for assault with a deadly, then rounded up the cows and sold them. Then leased the grazing rights out to a real rancher.

I haven't seen evidence of them threatening anyone. Do you have a link for that? And, yes, rounded up the right way I have no problem with. Felony stop on the highway leading in to town, go for it. Launching a large scale assault.......ummmm. Nope. Not unless you are trying make EVERYONE fear government. The bundy's aren't the Mongols or the Hells Angels who WOULD warrant a show of force like that. They are a bunch of country dumbshits in way over their heads.

Still waiting for you to present where in the constitution it gives the blm authority to do anything even remotely like property seizure or maintaining an armed presence on public lands.

Last edited:
Link? You do realize that the Bundy's had very little land?

Bundy and BLM: 10 things to know

2. The Bundy family has owned its ranch since the 1870s. The ranch is only about 160 acres, which isn’t enough space to sustain the hundreds of cattle that Bundy owns. He insists the disputed land around his ranch belongs to the state of Nevada, rather than the federal government, and he says the feds have no authority in the area. He told the Sun the government is trying to sabotage his plans to someday turn the ranch over to his son.

Read more: Bundy and BLM: 10 things to know
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

The Bundy's owe more in back grazing fees than all of the rest of the ranchers in the US put together.

Permits[edit]
Under Bureau of Land Management permits that had first been issued in 1954, Bundy grazed his cattle legally and paid his grazing fees on the Bunkerville Allotment until 1993. In that year, as a protest, Bundy did not pay renewal fees. His permit was canceled in 1994.[8][9] Although the agency made several attempts to have Bundy renew the permit, the rancher declared that he no longer recognized the BLM's authority to regulate his grazing, and he asserted that he had "vested rights" to graze cattle on the land.[3] Federal courts consistently ruled against Bundy, concluding that he was a trespasser with no right to graze on federal land. The courts authorized the BLM to remove Bundy's cattle and to levy damages for unauthorized use.[3][10]

Bundy accumulated more than $1 million of unpaid grazing fees and court-ordered fines.[11][12] The Portland Oregoniannewspaper reported in May 2014 that the amount that Bundy owed stood in "stark contrast" to the situation in Oregon, where just 45 of the state's roughly 1,100 grazing permit holders collectively owed $18,759 in past-due payments to the BLM.[13]Excluding Bundy's unpaid fees, the total of all late grazing fees owed nationwide to the BLM was only $237,000.[14]

Bundy standoff - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes, I understand that. However there are plenty of pictures that show dead cows on Bundy land. I have presented one of those in a link above.
You presented a link that stated that the photos were from the social media. That means those photos could be from anywhere. And there are plenty of cattle chutes on BLM land. Those photos could have been taken in Argentina for all the proof you have of there origin.

Yes, part of what you say is true. However the whole BLM raid is stupid. A tax lien gets the feds everything they want, and there is no need for bloodshed. cliven bundy is an asshole, a moron, and a liar. Their claim to have been there since the 1870's is patently false. Records show his father buying the property from Raoul Leavitt in 1948. He relied on government complacency, and ineptitude, to cover his not paying the grazing fees. That worked for a long time, but now the government has finally woken up and want the money owed to them.

I think the amount claimed is absurd, but the bundy's clearly owe the feds tons of money. Probably more than they have in cash, and maybe even more than what they have in total property. I simply don't know. What I do know is the BLM was stupid in launching the assault. Stupid, stupid, stupid. They had everything to lose, and unless we are living in a dictatorship where fear of government is desired, nothing to gain.

The Bundy's had threatened lawmen before with guns. What they should have done was rounded up the family, put them in jail for assault with a deadly, then rounded up the cows and sold them. Then leased the grazing rights out to a real rancher.

I haven't seen evidence of them threatening anyone. Do you have a link for that? And, yes, rounded up the right way I have no problem with. Felony stop on the highway leading in to town, go for it. Launching a large scale assault.......ummmm. Nope. Not unless you are trying make EVERYONE fear government. The bundy's aren't the Mongols or the Hells Angels who WOULD warrant a show of force like that. They are a bunch of country dumbshits in way over their heads.
Bundy had been ignoring court orders to remove his trespassing cattle from federal lands since 1998. Under the law, the United States was authorized to seize and remove the cattle after Bundy refused, and the federal removal operation began on April 5, 2014.

A survey revealed that the BLM would have to impound almost 1,000 head of trespass cattle scattered over hundreds of thousands of acres of arid and difficult terrain. Given these circumstances, BLM estimated that it would take a month or more to complete the impoundment.

On March 14, 2014, the BLM formally notified Bundy that impoundment operations would take place. The following day, Bundy threatened to interfere, saying publicly he was “ready to do battle” with the BLM and would “do whatever it takes” to protect “his property.”

On March 17, 2014, when the BLM notified Ryan Bundy that the officer would be available to answer any questions about the impoundment operation, Ryan Bundy “became angry and threatened to interfere, stating that he and his family would "do whatever it takes" and he would "have several hundred [supporters] with him to prevent the BLM from removing the trespass cattle,” the indictment says.

“When asked whether his use of ‘whatever it takes’ included physical force or violence, Ryan Bundy replied: ‘I will do whatever it takes; you interpret that the way you want,’” the charging document says.

A Deeper Look at Cliven Bundy's Criminal Indictment

Tension growing between ranchers, mustang backers

Bundy's beef with federal land management officials dates back to 1993, according to federal officials, when Bundy's allotment for grazing his cattle on public land was modified to include protections for the desert tortoise. Bundy, who told the Associated Press his family has been ranching this part of Nevada since the 1870s, did not accept the modified terms, and continued to let his cattle graze anyway.

After legal maneuverings on both sides, a Nevada district court judge in 2013 permanently enjoined Bundy's cattle (some 900, by the government's count) from grazing on public property. The judge reiterated that decision in 2013 and authorized the U.S. government to impound the cattle.

Outlaws stealing cattle for meth money

The first phase of that impoundment started Saturday, with 58 head of cattle being removed from BLM land, federal officials said in an online statement. As of Monday afternoon, that number had risen to 134, BLM spokeswoman Kirsten Cannon told ABC News. Removing the rest of the trespassing cattle should take another 21 to 30 days, she said.

Bundy disputes the federal government's authority to take such action. The Nevada Sheriff's Office, he contends, is the only entity empowered to impound his cattle. The Bundy Ranch website calls the federal agents "cattle thieves."

Cattle thieves, says the website, "Should be hung!" It urges supporters to "hang them with words of disapproval."

Nevada Rancher Vows 'Range War' Against Federal Agents

They stated their intentions for armed resistance from the gitgo.

Forum List

Back