Widespread National Food Stamp Fraud Totals at Least $1 Billion, Could Be as High as $4.7 Billion

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
And how much was it increased under the Surrender Monkey.....buying DemonRAT votes IMMEDIATELY comes to mind!

According to a new report produced by the Government and Accountability Office (GAO), at least $1 billion in food stamp benefits are "trafficked annually," meaning they are fraudulently used. The extent of the fraud is uncertain, the GAO warns, estimating the abuse of the program could be as high as $4.7 billion.

About 20 million lower-income households receive benefits from the $64 billion Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), also known as food stamps, to buy food. But GAO found that instead of being used for food, many stores are defrauding the program by "selling" cash instead of food.

"For example, a store might give a person $50 in exchange for $100 in benefits – then pocket the difference," GAO explains.

The Food Nutrition Service (FNS) within the U.S. Department of Agriculture oversees SNAP and is responsible for authorizing and overseeing retailers.

(Excerpt) Read more at freebeacon.com ...

SSDI is about 300B. Many if not most have no visible disability

But that's White People Welfare!

Okay, let's get real. The purpose of SNAP was to benefit farmers as much as poor people. Keep demand for food high so it would be worthwhile to grow it. Otherwise, you could just pay the poor money and let them use their own discretion.

B. Hussein O relaxed the disability criteria for SSD and SSI to qualify millions more freeloaders. Lots of people of all races are sitting on their keisters living off the fat of the land.

If you watch TV for 30 minutes, you'll see at least one ad for a shyster lawyer willing to represent you on your disability claim.

Wow, the misinformation express is busy, isn't it. Hate to break it to you but part of the Snap Program is the ability for the card holder to get X amount of cash each month. There is no conspiracy with any business. The freebeacon is so far down on the truth scale that it barely registers on the scale at all anymore.

Now, if you want to clean it up, I suggest you look into cutting off the cash along with the other things like Energy Drinks. There are a whole line of "Luxury" items on the list of allowable products that can be taken off of the program and save millions each year in almost every state. You want an issue to run with, there it is.

And how much was it increased under the Surrender Monkey.....buying DemonRAT votes IMMEDIATELY comes to mind!

According to a new report produced by the Government and Accountability Office (GAO), at least $1 billion in food stamp benefits are "trafficked annually," meaning they are fraudulently used. The extent of the fraud is uncertain, the GAO warns, estimating the abuse of the program could be as high as $4.7 billion.

About 20 million lower-income households receive benefits from the $64 billion Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), also known as food stamps, to buy food. But GAO found that instead of being used for food, many stores are defrauding the program by "selling" cash instead of food.

"For example, a store might give a person $50 in exchange for $100 in benefits – then pocket the difference," GAO explains.

The Food Nutrition Service (FNS) within the U.S. Department of Agriculture oversees SNAP and is responsible for authorizing and overseeing retailers.

unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed is more cost effective and could reduce a need for fraud by some.

There are loads of freeloaders in this country.

These people cost the working people every day.

https://www.gao.gov/assets/700/696433.pdf

Millions of households rely on the $64 billion Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, formerly known as food stamps, to buy food. But some stores are defrauding the program by "selling" cash instead of food. For example, a store might give a person $50 in exchange for $100 in benefits—then pocket the difference.

How widespread is this "retailer trafficking"? The Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) reports that $1 billion in benefits are trafficked annually. However, the real extent is uncertain and could be anywhere from $960 million to $4.7 billion.

We recommended ways to improve how FNS measures and addresses trafficking.
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program: Actions Needed to Better Measure and Address Retailer Trafficking

Wow, the misinformation express is busy, isn't it. Hate to break it to you but part of the Snap Program is the ability for the card holder to get X amount of cash each month. There is no conspiracy with any business. The freebeacon is so far down on the truth scale that it barely registers on the scale at all anymore.

Now, if you want to clean it up, I suggest you look into cutting off the cash along with the other things like Energy Drinks. There are a whole line of "Luxury" items on the list of allowable products that can be taken off of the program and save millions each year in almost every state. You want an issue to run with, there it is.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
I'm actually surprised the fraud isn't a lot higher than that.

When Dimocrats create handout programs, they train people to be dishonest bums.

I would bet my last dollar, this fraud was done in red states, by red white and vomit hillbillies....wanna take me up on it?

Crooks will always find ways to penetrate and rob systems and programs. America decided generations ago they were willing to tolerate a level of abuse if the suffering of tens of millions of children, senior citizens, and disabled people could be reduced by providing a method of food distribution to alleviate hunger.

According to the GAO, they assume 90% of small/convenience type stores are involved.

Food stamp fraud began the day food stamps began. That does not mean there is no social benefit to the program.

Fraud exists anywhere money is involved, not just in government programs. If you buy and sell stocks, you are being defrauded by front running broker-dealers. Should we stop trading stocks?

B. Hussein O relaxed the disability criteria for SSD and SSI to qualify millions more freeloaders. Lots of people of all races are sitting on their keisters living off the fat of the land.

If you watch TV for 30 minutes, you'll see at least one ad for a shyster lawyer willing to represent you on your disability claim.

Very true on both counts.

Blame it on the Jews
Lakewood-3-640x400.jpg

PS----let me amend that-----I can see a lot just by looking------but I got me-------A TRAINED EYE

Forum List

Back