Widely Used Christian Websites?

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
Hello,
I was just wondering what the most popular, useful sites revolving around Christian faith and community were. I ask this for two reasons,

1) my intent to learn more about my faith and those who share it

2) my hope to write an effective, short essay on genocide in Darfur and the need for Christians to take a stand now at Christmas time to help stop the genocide.

thank you for any help you can provide.

no1tovote4 said:
I actually have both of these in my Favorites on IE! I use them both when I post verses from the Bible. I would have given you some rep but I have to spread it around before I can do that....

No problem! :thup:

Here are some others (I have these at home, where I am now, not at work, where I was)

www.ccel.org - Christian Classics Ethereal Library. Lots of Christian writings, from Clement to Billy Graham.

www.bible.org - good reference site

www.studylight.org - good site for Bible studies that my wife showed me.

www.tektonics.org - an apologetics site.

NATO AIR said:
Hello,
I was just wondering what the most popular, useful sites revolving around Christian faith and community were. I ask this for two reasons,

2) my hope to write an effective, short essay on genocide in Darfur and the need for Christians to take a stand now at Christmas time to help stop the genocide.

Catholic.org is a good one as well. www.newadvent.com is also useful, it's a full Catholic Encyclopedia.

dilloduck said:
How about a religious chat room that discusses recent events? ooooops am I supposed to say that Jimmy?

This is one of them that I found..

*** LINK REMOVED BY MOD ***
PLEASE SEE RULES ON POSTING EXTERNAL LINKS

NATO AIR said:
Hello,

Faith is a subjective term and not easily quantified; you also did not specify what faith. If there is a specific faith, then there are sites that cite doctrine and cannon. If you are speaking of knowledge of Christianity, the scriptures and the Christian movement from the beginning, then study of the scriptures and theological commentary might be what you are looking for.

The crosswalk.com site jeff wrote of is good. Another is www.earlychristianwriting.com. This site has on-line links per bible book to commentary resources, paralell bible resources, hebrew and greek original text and so on. Another is www.bluleetterbible.com

gop_jeff said:
No problem! :thup:

Here are some others (I have these at home, where I am now, not at work, where I was)

www.ccel.org - Christian Classics Ethereal Library. Lots of Christian writings, from Clement to Billy Graham.

www.bible.org - good reference site

www.studylight.org - good site for Bible studies that my wife showed me.

www.tektonics.org - an apologetics site.

ccel is a good one jeff. I am not at home and forgot about it since my folder list at work is ummmm, slightly different.

looks like a good list of sites.

Good way to find more might simply be to put Jesus Christ in a search engine like yahoo or google.

Forum List

Back