WI State Senator Calls for Gov. Walker's resignation

Article 15

Dr. House slayer
Jul 4, 2008
Dear Governor Walker,

I am informed that a tape recording has been released in which you apparently held an
extensive discussion with someone you believed to be your campaign supporter, David
Koch. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel states that the caller was actually a reporter,
pretending to be David Koch, and it has posted a transcript of the recording. It appears
that you admit the call occurred, and have not contested the authenticity of transcript.
David Koch is the billionaire businessman who reportedly contributed thousands to your
campaign and who the media claims is a key source of funding for shadowy political
groups that spend hundreds of thousands of dollars attacking your political adversaries in
our state.
At a historic moment in our State’s history, brought on by your refusal to compromise
with elected officials regarding the elimination of worker’s rights, you still refuse to talk
with Democratic legislators. However, you apparently have no problem taking a phone
call from “Mr. Koch” and to:

• Discuss your strategy to lay off public workers to seek partisan advantage to pass
your agenda;
• Discuss your plan to lure Democratic legislators to the Capitol on the pretext of
negotiation, but then state that you would never actually negotiate;
• Discuss your plan to use the pretext of negotiation to get a quorum for legislative
fiscal action that Republicans so far have not been able to do;
• Discuss that you considered the “planting” of paid troublemakers into the
peaceful protests at our Capitol; and to
• Give your enthusiastic acceptance to an offer from “Koch” to fly you out on a
vacation to show you a “good time” once you “crush these bastards.” Your
response was “That would be outstanding…” Given that Koch’s businesses could
reap vast rewards with the ‘no bid’ sale of the Wisconsin’s power plants that you
propose in your budget repair bill, this response is severely troubling.

Governor Walker, this tape would make Richard Nixon blush. If the recording and the
items discussed by you are indeed your plans, you have no business being in public office
in our State, and should resign.
Sincerely,

Tim Carpenter

http://wispolitics.com/1006/large/110223_Carpenter_letter.pdf

Last edited:
Dear Governor Walker,

I am informed that a tape recording has been released in which you apparently held an
extensive discussion with someone you believed to be your campaign supporter, David
Koch. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel states that the caller was actually a reporter,
pretending to be David Koch, and it has posted a transcript of the recording. It appears
that you admit the call occurred, and have not contested the authenticity of transcript.
David Koch is the billionaire businessman who reportedly contributed thousands to your
campaign and who the media claims is a key source of funding for shadowy political
groups that spend hundreds of thousands of dollars attacking your political adversaries in
our state.
At a historic moment in our State’s history, brought on by your refusal to compromise
with elected officials regarding the elimination of worker’s rights, you still refuse to talk
with Democratic legislators. However, you apparently have no problem taking a phone
call from “Mr. Koch” and to:

• Discuss your strategy to lay off public workers to seek partisan advantage to pass
your agenda;
• Discuss your plan to lure Democratic legislators to the Capitol on the pretext of
negotiation, but then state that you would never actually negotiate;
• Discuss your plan to use the pretext of negotiation to get a quorum for legislative
fiscal action that Republicans so far have not been able to do;
• Discuss that you considered the “planting” of paid troublemakers into the
peaceful protests at our Capitol; and to
• Give your enthusiastic acceptance to an offer from “Koch” to fly you out on a
vacation to show you a “good time” once you “crush these bastards.” Your
response was “That would be outstanding…” Given that Koch’s businesses could
reap vast rewards with the ‘no bid’ sale of the Wisconsin’s power plants that you
propose in your budget repair bill, this response is severely troubling.

Governor Walker, this tape would make Richard Nixon blush. If the recording and the
items discussed by you are indeed your plans, you have no business being in public office
in our State, and should resign.
Sincerely,

Tim Carpenter

http://wispolitics.com/1006/large/110223_Carpenter_letter.pdf

Postmarked "Rockford, IL"

Again, is this one of the Wisconsin senators who presntly lives in Illinois? He has no say. He's a chikkenshit QUITTER.

don't you have to be in your state at your post when you make requests from your high horse? walker is trying to save the jobs and the state from people too stupid not to shoot themselves in the foot

Last edited:
Another one of the Dems on the run whines and smells bad:

“I really miss my kids, and I’m going to have to find a Laundromat soon, said Mr. Erpenbach, who is living, he says, out of a duffel and a backpack. “But I can deal with this. When we come home is up to the governor.”

CLICK

“I really miss my kids, and I’m going to have to find a Laundromat soon, said Mr. Erpenbach, who is living, he says, out of a duffel and a backpack. “But I can deal with this. When we come home is up to the governor.” CLICK

Wallllll, if I were the govenor I'd take advantage of that statement.

He's deserted his duties as an elected official and actually has the balls to demand the resignation of the elected Gov?? The Gov who IS doing what he was elected to do??

Another flamming idiot.

He's probably related to Pelosi.

“I really miss my kids, and I’m going to have to find a Laundromat soon, said Mr. Erpenbach, who is living, he says, out of a duffel and a backpack. “But I can deal with this. When we come home is up to the governor.” CLICK

Wallllll, if I were the govenor I'd take advantage of that statement.
All they have to do is find one in Wisconsin and drag his sorry but to the State House for a quorum. It doesn't matter how he votes.

don't you have to be in your state at your post when you make requests from your high horse? walker is trying to save the jobs and the state from people too stupid not to shoot themselves in the foot

You need to drop that canard that this is all about budget balancing and being fiscally responsible.

The tape is out there, and Walker is just saying what fringe conservatives really think. Walker practically giggled with delight recalling the awesomeness of Ronald Reagan firing air traffic controllers and destroying their union. He indicated he wanted to follow in Ronnie's footsteps and that firing unionized air traffic controllers workers really had nothing to do with budgets. It was an emotional attempt to destroy unions, which he evidently consider so evil that he equated destroying unions and firing workers with the fall of the Berlin Wall.

He discussed dirty tricks with the fake billionaire plutocrat, accepted an offer to by flown out to california to party with billionaire union-busting fat cats, and he tipped his hand that this isn't really about budget balancing.

The gig is up. Just be honest about your reasons for wanting to fire american workers and destroy unions. Honesty is always more respectable than deception.

Last edited:
really? nobody cares that he seems a little too close - and could be seen as taking bribes - from someone?

it's all about the democrats using parliamentary rules?

All they have to do is find one in Wisconsin and drag his sorry but to the State House for a quorum. It doesn't matter how he votes.

And it is only a matter of time.

Pink slips start going out Monday.

Last edited:
Another democrat shows how the premise of personal responsibility is not part of the liberal ideology.

He is actually blaming someone else for his decision to toss his responsibilities out the window....and more amusing is how he is blaming his difficult living conditions on someone else even though it was his decision to put himself in that situation.

Did he or did he not make that decision on his own?

Wow...they truly do not understand what personal responsibility is all about.

Pathetic.

You need to drop that canard that this is all about budget balancing and being fiscally responsible.

The tape is out there, and Walker is just saying what fringe conservatives really think. Walker practically giggled with delight recalling the awesomeness of Ronald Reagan firing air traffic controllers and destroying their union. He indicated he wanted to follow in Ronnie's footsteps and that firing unionized air traffic controllers workers really had nothing to do with budgets. It was an emotional attempt to destroy unions, which he evidently consider so evil that he equated destroying unions and firing workers with the fall of the Berlin Wall.

He discussed dirty tricks with the fake billionaire plutocrat, accepted an offer to by flown out to california to party with billionaire union-busting fat cats, and he tipped his hand that this isn't really about budget balancing.

The gig is up. Just be honest about your reasons for wanting to fire american workers and destroy unions. Honesty is always more respectable than deception.

people like you never fail to amaze me.

You are aware that you can take any sentence said by anyone and apply your own thinking to it and come up with a theory as to what he meant by it.

As for union busting......what is wrong with trying to bust a union that has a history of collective bargaining that was self serving for the union members with little to no regard as to how it affects the rest of the state....with, of course, the threat of a strike being the strong arm tactic.

The air traffic controllers deserved what they got. They took their jobs by choice and then used strong arm tactics...threatening to shut down US travel and commerce if they did not get their way...

Same holds true for any union of state or federal employees.

You dont like it...get another job.

No gig is up....truth is, hard working peopl;e in the private sector have had enough and we finally have some politicians that are willing to make those "difficult" decisions.

Doesn't Carpenter and the other senators have their own problems with the Howard Dean slush fund being used to fund their cowardice? I'm pretty sure that is illegal as the commitee cannot accept more than 6000 bucks from a single committee in a calander year. Maybe they are paying for this stuff themselves. Just this implication alone is more serious then anything listed in the senators letter.

dear governor walker,
i am in the land of lincoln, i just want my life back.
the ninety thousand dollar a year job is looking better all of the time.
will be back to work in time to take the summer off.
mark penn got seven million dollars to pay for hillary's polls. maybe i could get one of the three jobs created with 7000000 $. maybe not.

Forum List

Back