Wi senator's wife signs his recall pertition

Then Grandfather it like they are doing with some public unions in CA....don't change the rules for the players in the middle of their career. Would you like that for your job?
That defeats the purpose. The reason for the legislation is the taxpayers and the state cannot afford the present and projected expense.
The alternative is if grandfathering is done, massive layoffs of employees. At that point thse workers would receive a servarance plus any benefits due. No pension. No health insurance. The result is the same.
What is better, serveral thousand people with NO job and no benefits? OR everyone gets to keep their job with fewer benefits and limited collective bargaining?
At the end of the day, workers are going to get less.
All workers must sacrifice. It is what it is. Done.

The public workers unions have taken pay cuts and have picked up more on their health care.....those are substantial and tangible sacrifices to save money.

Tell us how much money the loss of collective bargaining saves for the state. Give us a figure.

off the top of my head they save 61M by not having to buy HI for teachers from the teachers union.

Is that enough?

That defeats the purpose. The reason for the legislation is the taxpayers and the state cannot afford the present and projected expense.
The alternative is if grandfathering is done, massive layoffs of employees. At that point thse workers would receive a servarance plus any benefits due. No pension. No health insurance. The result is the same.
What is better, serveral thousand people with NO job and no benefits? OR everyone gets to keep their job with fewer benefits and limited collective bargaining?
At the end of the day, workers are going to get less.
All workers must sacrifice. It is what it is. Done.

The public workers unions have taken pay cuts and have picked up more on their health care.....those are substantial and tangible sacrifices to save money.

Tell us how much money the loss of collective bargaining saves for the state. Give us a figure.

off the top of my head they save 61M by not having to buy HI for teachers from the teachers union.

Is that enough?

now you'll get some lame assed comment about how 61 million is a mere pittance compared to the pain it would bring to unionized public workers. I am unsympathetic.
I pay a whole bunch more for my health ins and I fully fund my own IRA....
But these union cheerleaders are fine with skyrocketing taxes to fund gold plated benefits and big salaries

When a politician is elected to an office, then starts pushing a really radical agenda, as
Governor Walker has, the people have the right to use whatever legal means to defend themselves against that agenda. That is what we see happening in Wisconsin. If three or more Republcan State Senators are recalled, that will be a very strong statement as to what matters to the people of Wisconsin. If they are replaced with Democrats, that would be a hint to Walker that perhaps he had better be updating his resume.
If there are recalls the effect will be far more widespread than Wisconsin.

A big part of our current political problem is the fact that politicians have become accustomed to what seems to be universal impunity, the most egregious example being some of the most eqregious crimes in American political history were systematically and methodically perpetrated by the Bush Administration but with the exception of "Scooter" Libby's relative slap on the wrist the whole bunch walked away smiling.

I hope the people of Wisconsin stay pissed off long enough to carry out their planned recall petitioning. It will be good for the political health of the entire nation.

When a politician is elected to an office, then starts pushing a really radical agenda, as
Governor Walker has, the people have the right to use whatever legal means to defend themselves against that agenda. That is what we see happening in Wisconsin. If three or more Republcan State Senators are recalled, that will be a very strong statement as to what matters to the people of Wisconsin. If they are replaced with Democrats, that would be a hint to Walker that perhaps he had better be updating his resume.
If there are recalls the effect will be far more widespread than Wisconsin.

A big part of our current political problem is the fact that politicians have become accustomed to what seems to be universal impunity, the most egregious example being some of the most eqregious crimes in American political history were systematically and methodically perpetrated by the Bush Administration but with the exception of "Scooter" Libby's relative slap on the wrist the whole bunch walked away smiling.

I hope the people of Wisconsin stay pissed off long enough to carry out their planned recall petitioning. It will be good for the political health of the entire nation.
How laughably ignorant. That you didn't like Bush does not make anything he did criminal.

Is that enough?

now you'll get some lame assed comment about how 61 million is a mere pittance compared to the pain it would bring to unionized public workers. I am unsympathetic.
I pay a whole bunch more for my health ins and I fully fund my own IRA....
But these union cheerleaders are fine with skyrocketing taxes to fund gold plated benefits and big salaries
What pain? Their benefits are in tact and are regulated by statute. They still have INS that covers the same thing it did before, now the state can choose the providor instead of being forced to buy it from the Union.

Hasn't this poor woman been through enough what w/ her Republican husband shacking-up w/ his mistress? Godbless her and the petition.

Forum List

Back