WI Recall: Looks Like Hansen is Safe

These stupid Recall attempts have all been paid for by the Democrats and Public Unions. It's all just corrupt special interest B.S. The Democrats and Public Unions are abusing the whole Recall process. They should be ashamed of themselves. How long before they get rid of Recalls all together? Thank You Democrat/Union dipshits.

How long before they get rid of Recalls all together?

As soon as we get rid of this cumbersome thing called DEMOCRACY and take that stupid piece of paper we call the US Constitution and throw it down the toilet.

"The right to petition government for redress of grievances is the right to make a complaint to, or seek the assistance of, one's government, without fear of punishment or reprisals."

In the United States the right to petition is guaranteed by the First Amendment to the federal constitution, which specifically prohibits Congress from abridging "the right of the people...to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

MORON! Why don't you TRY to use your brain for a totally novel unique experience before you die?

What you cited does NOT mean Recalls. Or could you name for us the applicable law on Recalling Federal House and Senate members or the President?

Recall is solely the purview of the States and local communities and is based on State Constitutions. Not every State has a recall process and those that do have differing laws on the matter.

But then intelligence is not a strong point amongst the left is it?

As soon as we get rid of this cumbersome thing called DEMOCRACY and take that stupid piece of paper we call the US Constitution and throw it down the toilet.

"The right to petition government for redress of grievances is the right to make a complaint to, or seek the assistance of, one's government, without fear of punishment or reprisals."

In the United States the right to petition is guaranteed by the First Amendment to the federal constitution, which specifically prohibits Congress from abridging "the right of the people...to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

MORON! Why don't you TRY to use your brain for a totally novel unique experience before you die?

Is right to Recall enshrined in the Constitution?

I would say not, since not every state has a recall law.

There is no Federal Recall process either.

Is right to Recall enshrined in the Constitution?

MORON NUMBER 2

What the F*** do you think "

means????

Look it the F*** up!

OH wait, I didn't realize that your brain is currently totally anesthetized by Fox News.

Not a moron, just a brain that fell asleep.

You are BEYOND stupid. The right to petition is NOT the right to recall. Or perhaps you can provide the applicable law regarding Federal office holders?

I thought not...I wonder where Mr Trader's anger comes from then.

Just address me directly from now on, miss or mister idb...
it comes from living in and loving this nation and wanting every human being currently alive in this nation to use the full power of their brains, logic, education and reasoning power to figure us out of this horrible mess we are in.

You, sir or madam, seem to have let your brain power and reasoning ability fall asleep.

You seem to think that when the US CONSTITUTION prohibits governments from restricting the rights of the people to REDRESS their GRIEVANCES with elected officials, you somehow think it's not right????

Why am I mad? I'm not ANGRY, I"m MAD that we allow people to get on our TV screens and misinform voters, that we allow the likes of Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin to be multi-millionaires, and that we have so many dead, non-functional brain cells in the minds of those that buy their books.

Let me ask you a question: why do you NOT understand the right of the people to REDRESS GRIEVANCES??? Why do you pick on me, instead of opening another web site and reading and actually learning something on July 6, 2011? Are you really THAT mentally lazy?

I REPEAT where are the Fe4deral laws on recall? Petitioning Grievances is not the right to Recall. Further as has been pointed out not every State has such laws. The US Constitution does not include any provision for recall at all.

Uh, it's not that I disagree with you, because for the most part I do, but you need to chill. Doesn't look to me like idb is a dummy and you're pretty quick to bite his head off just for daring to ask one little question.

No one's head got bit off! If you think that happened, perhaps the Sesame Street discussion board is more your style than this politics forum, where there is an ASSUMPTION that people who post here have actually READ THE CONSTITUTION OF THE USA and understand it.

You, Erik, seem to protest, too much. I bet you didn't understand that recall petitions are a Constitutional RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE...

Answer me honestly, you didn't, DID you?

If it were a Constitutional Right why is there no Federal process for it and why is it NOT every State has the right to Recall? Care to provide something other then your claim that the right to petition is some how the right to recall?

Ya gotta love these "Constitutional Geniuses" who routinely use the Constitution for Toilet Paper. I wouldn't trust these buffoons on any Constitutional issues. The Democrat/Union assholes have abused the whole recall process in Wisconsin. I hope it backfires on them.

I would like you or anyone else who believes that the recall process is unconstitutional to please cite the specific words that prohibit it. I mean it. That's a serious charge.

And then go on record as saying that the Gray Davis recall was the wrong thing to do.

He did not claim it was unconstitutional. You are putting words in his mouth. He said that due to abuse States may eliminate it.

EriktheRed
No one's head got bit off! If you think that happened, perhaps the Sesame Street discussion board is more your style than this politics forum, where there is an ASSUMPTION that people who post here have actually READ THE CONSTITUTION OF THE USA and understand it.

You, Erik, seem to protest, too much. I bet you didn't understand that recall petitions are a Constitutional RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE...

Answer me honestly, you didn't, DID you?
I didn't and still don't. Redress of grievances is covered in general, but not recalls in particular. I wouldn't mind if someone in a state like say, Ohio, which doesn't have a recall law, were to take this to the SCOTUS and see if they could make that the law of the land.

I'm sure a lot of people in Florida would like to see that, too.

And as for you, I'm through. Like I said, I generally agree with you, but I get enough insults on here from people who I DON'T agree with, so good day.

EDIT>>> this section is from the dumb ass above)The citizens of the United states, in all states and territories have the right NOT to be penalized for any attempts to [legally] redress grievances. No Supreme Court decision is needed on a clear element in the Constitution. I regret that you don't want to have your brain further stimulated and shaken by facts, and wish to slither away from my provocative posts simply because your feelings might get hurt.

You seemed like such a likable chap, ill-informed and poorly educated in Constitutional law, but likable.

We cannot be challenged to learn if we have to always be nice to each other.

We have to stretch our brains with the stark ugly reality of facts, not restrain them with politeness.

One must repeat, IF the Constitution gives a right to recall, where are the Federal Laws on it and why do some States not have a recall process?

Last edited:
Ya gotta love these "Constitutional Geniuses" who routinely use the Constitution for Toilet Paper. I wouldn't trust these buffoons on any Constitutional issues. The Democrat/Union assholes have abused the whole recall process in Wisconsin. I hope it backfires on them.

I would like you or anyone else who believes that the recall process is unconstitutional to please cite the specific words that prohibit it. I mean it. That's a serious charge.

And then go on record as saying that the Gray Davis recall was the wrong thing to do.

He did not claim it was unconstitutional. You are putting words in his mouth. He said that due to abuse States may eliminate it.

Wow, you're really on top of things, aren't you? :eusa_whistle:

These stupid Recall attempts have all been paid for by the Democrats and Public Unions. It's all just corrupt special interest B.S. The Democrats and Public Unions are abusing the whole Recall process. They should be ashamed of themselves. How long before they get rid of Recalls all together? Thank You Democrat/Union dipshits.

How do you go from the federal right to redress grievences to state based recall? Who even brought congress into trying to stop recalls from happening?

The ability to recall is a very western thing, born of the populism of the late 1800's. Its purpose was to remove someone early from thier term when said representative radically did not represent the will of the people represented. it was intended to remove a person individually from thier office prior to thier term.

What is happening here is a massive effort to remove SEVERAL legislators, not due to thier lying, or bad acts, but because certain people did not get what they want, a poltical temper tantrum if you will.

The recalls against the democrats are far more in line with the spirit of the law, as those lawmakers left the juristiction when called on to vote on something.

Bingo is right.

The recalls against the Dems are right on line. Those assholes left the State rather then vote on something they knew they were gonna lose. Apparantly they didn't consider it worth their while to stay and make their case.

Hope all those idiots get recalled. I'd say the same if it had been the Reps who left the state. Talk about idiots.

The recalls against the Reps are basically just sour grapes.

Lefties are so stupid with their name calling.

First Teabaggers, now Teahadist.

They really must think it makes them look intelligent or something. All I see is a bunch of intolerant dim bulb childish adults.
Ummmm.....uhhhhhh.......leftwad....libtard....."Democrat Party"....helloo....(thump thump thump!)......is this thing on???:razz:

Just listen to one 3 hour episode of Rush, then come back and tell me the left has the market cornered on insults.

I don't give a shit WHAT RUSH says. I'm talking about the lefties on this board, and NOW CALLING people in the Tea Party, Teahadist. but it seems you love to listen to Rush, how funny.

How do you go from the federal right to redress grievences to state based recall? Who even brought congress into trying to stop recalls from happening?

The ability to recall is a very western thing, born of the populism of the late 1800's. Its purpose was to remove someone early from thier term when said representative radically did not represent the will of the people represented. it was intended to remove a person individually from thier office prior to thier term.

What is happening here is a massive effort to remove SEVERAL legislators, not due to thier lying, or bad acts, but because certain people did not get what they want, a poltical temper tantrum if you will.

The recalls against the democrats are far more in line with the spirit of the law, as those lawmakers left the juristiction when called on to vote on something.

Bingo is right.

The recalls against the Dems are right on line. Those assholes left the State rather then vote on something they knew they were gonna lose. Apparantly they didn't consider it worth their while to stay and make their case.

Hope all those idiots get recalled. I'd say the same if it had been the Reps who left the state. Talk about idiots.

The recalls against the Reps are basically just sour grapes.

Sour grapes I agree, but I think they have the most chance of sucess. the advantage in this type of election always goes to the side that thinks they were screwed over, as they can push out the votes far more easier then people that are just fine with what happened.

To me 50% +1 to get a recall effected just makes it too easy to go to perpetual recalls, bascially making every year an election year. The recall threshold should be 55%-60% to balance the effect I noted above, and REALLY make sure the person should be voted out of office before thier term ends.

"These stupid Recall attempts have all been paid for by the Democrats and Public Unions. It's all just corrupt special interest B.S. The Democrats and Public Unions are abusing the whole Recall process. They should be ashamed of themselves. How long before they get rid of Recalls all together? Thank You Democrat/Union dipshits. "

I never belonged to a union in my whole working career. I worked for the same company (WHO STILL OWES ME) for 27 years before retiring. All I can say is

THANK GOD FOR THE RECALL PROCESS!!!!!!

Forum List

Back