WI Recall: Looks Like Hansen is Safe

Ya gotta love these "Constitutional Geniuses" who routinely use the Constitution for Toilet Paper. I wouldn't trust these buffoons on any Constitutional issues. The Democrat/Union assholes have abused the whole recall process in Wisconsin. I hope it backfires on them.

I would like you or anyone else who believes that the recall process is unconstitutional to please cite the specific words that prohibit it. I mean it. That's a serious charge.

And then go on record as saying that the Gray Davis recall was the wrong thing to do.

I thought not...I wonder where Mr Trader's anger comes from then.

Just address me directly from now on, miss or mister idb...
it comes from living in and loving this nation and wanting every human being currently alive in this nation to use the full power of their brains, logic, education and reasoning power to figure us out of this horrible mess we are in.

You, sir or madam, seem to have let your brain power and reasoning ability fall asleep.

You seem to think that when the US CONSTITUTION prohibits governments from restricting the rights of the people to REDRESS their GRIEVANCES with elected officials, you somehow think it's not right????

Why am I mad? I'm not ANGRY, I"m MAD that we allow people to get on our TV screens and misinform voters, that we allow the likes of Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin to be multi-millionaires, and that we have so many dead, non-functional brain cells in the minds of those that buy their books.

Let me ask you a question: why do you NOT understand the right of the people to REDRESS GRIEVANCES??? Why do you pick on me, instead of opening another web site and reading and actually learning something on July 6, 2011? Are you really THAT mentally lazy?

Crikey!!!!
You inferred all that from my question?

And I apologise unreservedly for hurting your feelings...I went at you with both barrels blazing and it was uncalled for...I didn't realise you were mad.

Lefties are so stupid with their name calling.

First Teabaggers, now Teahadist.

They really must think it makes them look intelligent or something. All I see is a bunch of intolerant dim bulb childish adults.

Buy, they think we should "work with" them.. Funny innit? :lol:

They really must think it makes them look intelligent or something. All I see is a bunch of intolerant dim bulb childish adults.
Ummmm.....uhhhhhh.......leftwad....libtard....."Democrat Party"....helloo....(thump thump thump!)......is this thing on???:razz:

Just listen to one 3 hour episode of Rush, then come back and tell me the left has the market cornered on insults.

Ya reaps what ya sows libturd.

Uh, it's not that I disagree with you, because for the most part I do, but you need to chill. Doesn't look to me like idb is a dummy and you're pretty quick to bite his head off just for daring to ask one little question.

No one's head got bit off! If you think that happened, perhaps the Sesame Street discussion board is more your style than this politics forum, where there is an ASSUMPTION that people who post here have actually READ THE CONSTITUTION OF THE USA and understand it.

You, Erik, seem to protest, too much. I bet you didn't understand that recall petitions are a Constitutional RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE...

Answer me honestly, you didn't, DID you?

no, they're not.

now, run along, the adults are talking

Ya gotta love these "Constitutional Geniuses" who routinely use the Constitution for Toilet Paper. I wouldn't trust these buffoons on any Constitutional issues. The Democrat/Union assholes have abused the whole recall process in Wisconsin. I hope it backfires on them.

I would like you or anyone else who believes that the recall process is unconstitutional to please cite the specific words that prohibit it. I mean it. That's a serious charge.

And then go on record as saying that the Gray Davis recall was the wrong thing to do.

Never claimed it was Unconstutional. I said the Democrat/Union assholes in Wisconsin are abusing the Recall process. This abuse will likely lead to States trying very hard to get rid of Recalls all together. And fuck Gray Davis. He was a corrupt thief who destroyed California. They've never been the same since that asshole.

EriktheRed
No one's head got bit off! If you think that happened, perhaps the Sesame Street discussion board is more your style than this politics forum, where there is an ASSUMPTION that people who post here have actually READ THE CONSTITUTION OF THE USA and understand it.

You, Erik, seem to protest, too much. I bet you didn't understand that recall petitions are a Constitutional RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE...

Answer me honestly, you didn't, DID you?
I didn't and still don't. Redress of grievances is covered in general, but not recalls in particular. I wouldn't mind if someone in a state like say, Ohio, which doesn't have a recall law, were to take this to the SCOTUS and see if they could make that the law of the land.

I'm sure a lot of people in Florida would like to see that, too.

And as for you, I'm through. Like I said, I generally agree with you, but I get enough insults on here from people who I DON'T agree with, so good day.

The citizens of the United states, in all states and territories have the right NOT to be penalized for any attempts to [legally] redress grievances. No Supreme Court decision is needed on a clear element in the Constitution. I regret that you don't want to have your brain further stimulated and shaken by facts, and wish to slither away from my provocative posts simply because your feelings might get hurt.

You seemed like such a likable chap, ill-informed and poorly educated in Constitutional law, but likable.

We cannot be challenged to learn if we have to always be nice to each other.

We have to stretch our brains with the stark ugly reality of facts, not restrain them with politeness.

As I understand it, the right to petition is a constitutional right.
The Recall option is a specific law based on that right and available in a few states.
You're right, I suppose, in that anyone can petition for a recall in any state - just as they can petition to have hotdogs delivered to every citizen on Thursdays, but only in certain states is there a specific process for a recall.

I believe that the meaning of Libo's post was that abuse of that process in those states might put the existence of it at risk.

These stupid Recall attempts have all been paid for by the Democrats and Public Unions. It's all just corrupt special interest B.S. The Democrats and Public Unions are abusing the whole Recall process. They should be ashamed of themselves. How long before they get rid of Recalls all together? Thank You Democrat/Union dipshits.

How long before they get rid of Recalls all together?

As soon as we get rid of this cumbersome thing called DEMOCRACY and take that stupid piece of paper we call the US Constitution and throw it down the toilet.

"The right to petition government for redress of grievances is the right to make a complaint to, or seek the assistance of, one's government, without fear of punishment or reprisals."

In the United States the right to petition is guaranteed by the First Amendment to the federal constitution, which specifically prohibits Congress from abridging "the right of the people...to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

MORON! Why don't you TRY to use your brain for a totally novel unique experience before you die?

How do you go from the federal right to redress grievences to state based recall? Who even brought congress into trying to stop recalls from happening?

The ability to recall is a very western thing, born of the populism of the late 1800's. Its purpose was to remove someone early from thier term when said representative radically did not represent the will of the people represented. it was intended to remove a person individually from thier office prior to thier term.

What is happening here is a massive effort to remove SEVERAL legislators, not due to thier lying, or bad acts, but because certain people did not get what they want, a poltical temper tantrum if you will.

The recalls against the democrats are far more in line with the spirit of the law, as those lawmakers left the juristiction when called on to vote on something.

Never claimed it was Unconstutional. I said the Democrat/Union assholes in Wisconsin are abusing the Recall process. This abuse will likely lead to States trying very hard to get rid of Recalls all together. And fuck Gray Davis. He was a corrupt thief who destroyed California. They've never been the same since that asshole.

Hmm....I wonder why you brought the Constitution up then. :confused:

i bet you do that a lot.

These stupid Recall attempts have all been paid for by the Democrats and Public Unions. It's all just corrupt special interest B.S. The Democrats and Public Unions are abusing the whole Recall process. They should be ashamed of themselves. How long before they get rid of Recalls all together? Thank You Democrat/Union dipshits.

How long before they get rid of Recalls all together?

As soon as we get rid of this cumbersome thing called DEMOCRACY and take that stupid piece of paper we call the US Constitution and throw it down the toilet.

"The right to petition government for redress of grievances is the right to make a complaint to, or seek the assistance of, one's government, without fear of punishment or reprisals."

In the United States the right to petition is guaranteed by the First Amendment to the federal constitution, which specifically prohibits Congress from abridging "the right of the people...to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

MORON! Why don't you TRY to use your brain for a totally novel unique experience before you die?

How do you go from the federal right to redress grievences to state based recall? Who even brought congress into trying to stop recalls from happening?

The ability to recall is a very western thing, born of the populism of the late 1800's. Its purpose was to remove someone early from thier term when said representative radically did not represent the will of the people represented. it was intended to remove a person individually from thier office prior to thier term.

What is happening here is a massive effort to remove SEVERAL legislators, not due to thier lying, or bad acts, but because certain people did not get what they want, a poltical temper tantrum if you will.

The recalls against the democrats are far more in line with the spirit of the law, as those lawmakers left the juristiction when called on to vote on something.

BINGO!! :clap2::clap2::clap2: The Democrat/Public Union dipshits are just throwing a political temper tantrum. It is not what Recalls were intended for.

You mean foot stompers right?

Do you think they know the Tea Party will be souly responsible for taking there free ride away in 2012.. Heydemsyourdoomed......... The new Liberal American Dream is coming to a screeching halt. Get a job and shut up or move to a very urban area and try to survive the daily deadly threat. You may still get a little crumb or two.

I didn't. It was a reply to someone who did.

I didn't. It was a reply to someone who did.

Ok. I'll give you that one. :eusa_eh:

You mean foot stompers right?

Do you think they know the Tea Party will be souly responsible for taking there free ride away in 2012.. Heydemsyourdoomed......... The new Liberal American Dream is coming to a screeching halt. Get a job and shut up or move to a very urban area and try to survive the daily deadly threat. You may still get a little crumb or two.

Probably not how i would put it,but you did nail it. So...:clap2::clap2:

Referendums and recalls are both outcomes of progressive movement. Interesting how often they work against their cause.

Referendums and recalls are both outcomes of progressive movement. Interesting how often they work against their cause.

Yeah, that is interesting. Just how "often"?

Yeah, that is interesting. Just how "often"?

Yeah, I'd like to know exactly how often myself. Better yet, cite some examples.....

Forum List

Back