WI Fleebaggers Cave!

TheSeeker

Mar 4, 2011
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
WI Fleebagger Leader Says Dems Will Return Home & Vote on Senate Bill

Maybe the Wisconsin fleebaggers didn’t want to pay the $100 a day fine for missing work?

The leader of the Wisconsin fleebaggers told reporters today that the AWOL democrats may return home soon because negotiations with Governor Scott Walker have failed.
Huh?… Then why did they ever skip town in the first place?

The Wall Street Journal reported:

The leader of the 14 Wisconsin Senate Democrats who left the state last month to block legislation that would curb public-employee union rights said the senators plan to return “in the relatively near future,” because negotiations with the governor have failed.

The Wisconsin standoff, which drew thousands of demonstrators to occupy the capitol in Madison for days at a time, has come to highlight efforts in other states to address budget problems in part by limiting the powers and benefits accorded public-sector unions.

Sen. Mark Miller said he and his fellow Democrats intend to let the full Senate vote on Gov. Scott Walker’s “budget-repair” bill, which would also limit public unions’ collective bargaining rights. The bill, which had been blocked because the missing Democrats were needed for the Senate to have enough members present to consider the bill, is expected to pass the Republican-controlled chamber.

He said he thinks recent polls showing voter discontent with Mr. Walker over limits on bargaining rights have been “disastrous” for the governor and give Democrats more leverage to seek changes in a broader two-year budget bill Mr. Walker proposed Tuesday.

Andrew Welhouse, a spokesman for Republican Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald, said the short-term budget-repair bill can no longer be amended. He said when Democrats return they will be able to speak on the bill, “but we plan to pass it as soon as possible.”

LOL....so the Dems are attempting to say the polls were hurting the Governor and that they can return now because they wll have more leverage...on a bill that can't be amended....way to spin it Fleebaggers! :lol:

Not a surprise at all.

They first went AWOL on 2/17.

They only have 12 days to return before the Senate could remove them without a recall.

They've known all along they lost the battle, they were only posturing for the surrender.

I always puzzle at how people get so involved over the politics of another state. What Wisconsin lawmakers do or don't do is a between them and their constituents. The rest of us don't have a place to take exception or not.

I always puzzle at how people get so involved over the politics of another state. What Wisconsin lawmakers do or don't do is a between them and their constituents. The rest of us don't have a place to take exception or not.

Wow.

Nosy gekaap for state isolation

Wisconsin Democrats Announce Recall Effort Against 8 Republican State Senators | FDL News Desk

The Wisconsin State Democratic Party just sent out an email to supporters announcing that they have officially filed recall papers against all 8 Republican Senators eligible for recall immediately. Depending on their success in gathering enough signatures – and the threshold is not too high, they need between 14,000 and 20,000 signatures in the various districts – the State Senate will be up for grabs in Wisconsin as early as this year.

The filing of recall papers starts a 60-day clock for signature gathering. Then the signatures are examined and challenges made, but if the recall petition meets all requirements, the recall begins just 6 weeks later. Recalls in Wisconsin include primaries and general elections; it’s basically a do-over special election.

The Wisconsin Democratic Party, which asked for donations to fund the recall effort, wrote this in their email, which provides some clues as to their intentions:

Wisconsin Democrats Announce Recall Effort Against 8 Republican State Senators | FDL News Desk

The Wisconsin State Democratic Party just sent out an email to supporters announcing that they have officially filed recall papers against all 8 Republican Senators eligible for recall immediately. Depending on their success in gathering enough signatures – and the threshold is not too high, they need between 14,000 and 20,000 signatures in the various districts – the State Senate will be up for grabs in Wisconsin as early as this year.

The filing of recall papers starts a 60-day clock for signature gathering. Then the signatures are examined and challenges made, but if the recall petition meets all requirements, the recall begins just 6 weeks later. Recalls in Wisconsin include primaries and general elections; it’s basically a do-over special election.

The Wisconsin Democratic Party, which asked for donations to fund the recall effort, wrote this in their email, which provides some clues as to their intentions:

Too bad that they filed about a week and a half AFTER recall petitions were filed against the Fleebagging Democrats!

LOL.....I wonder why Obama stuck his nose into Wisconsin politics then and commented as well as got involved in sending his AstroTurf Mobs by way of the DNC, OFA, SEIU, ACORN, and other unions (including 150 US Postal Workers from Chicago)?

Of course Gov. Walker had the best line about Obama sticking his nose into Wisconsin politics when he said "When the President get's HIS budget problem in order, he can stick his nose into ours".

Too bad that they filed about a week and a half AFTER recall petitions were filed against the Fleebagging Democrats!

I didn't realize so many of the fleebaggers were eligible for recall. There are petitions against 13 of the 14 who ran away.

Wow.

What? I never said anything about state isolation. I said that only that state's constituents have any place to complain about what the state officials are doing. Regardless of whether I think the what the Wisconsin legislators did was right or wrong or whatever, it's the Wisconsin voters who actually make that decision. What do I care if they left the state or not? I didn't elect them, they don't represent me, they don't answer to me. Why are so many people wanting to control the politics of a state in which they don't live?

One of the recall drives against a Fleebagging Democrat got quite "inventive" by holding a drive-thru petition signing drive.....

The Recall Bob Wirch petition drive kicked into high gear this weekend.
They even held a drive-through petition drive this past weekend. They collected over 2,000 signatures this weekend at their drive-through locations.

The Recall Wirch website released a video this weekend on their efforts.

From the website– Recall Wirch:

Elections are for hiring. Recalls are for firing. Bob Wirch should be fired for not fulfilling the duties he swore to uphold. By fleeing the state, he refuses to represent the citizens of Wisconsin 22nd State Senate District in Madison.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL.....I wonder why Obama stuck his nose into Wisconsin politics then and commented as well as got involved in sending his AstroTurf Mobs by way of the DNC, OFA, SEIU, ACORN, and other unions (including 150 US Postal Workers from Chicago)?

Of course Gov. Walker had the best line about Obama sticking his nose into Wisconsin politics when he said "When the President get's HIS budget problem in order, he can stick his nose into ours".

And how does Obama doing it make it appropriate for anyone else to do it? I'm just as much against that, as I am for any instance of a person outside of a constituency campaigning for anything that happens inside. Like when candidates for Congress have people from outside of the state or district campaign in their favor. Why should I care what the former Gov of Alaska thinks is best for my state or my congressional district? Get the fuck out, you have no place in our local politics.

And how does Obama doing it make it appropriate for anyone else to do it? I'm just as much against that, as I am for any instance of a person outside of a constituency campaigning for anything that happens inside. Like when candidates for Congress have people from outside of the state or district campaign in their favor. Why should I care what the former Gov of Alaska thinks is best for my state or my congressional district? Get the fuck out, you have no place in our local politics.

It doesn't make it appropriate!

In fact, the PRESIDENT is the LAST person that should be sticking his nose into State politics, but he does this type of thing all the time!

Never before has a President gotten involved in sending angry mobs to protest at a State Capital.

Wow.

What? I never said anything about state isolation. I said that only that state's constituents have any place to complain about what the state officials are doing. Regardless of whether I think the what the Wisconsin legislators did was right or wrong or whatever, it's the Wisconsin voters who actually make that decision. What do I care if they left the state or not? I didn't elect them, they don't represent me, they don't answer to me. Why are so many people wanting to control the politics of a state in which they don't live?

I call "getting involved" the act of actually traveling there and protesting from out of state.

But we here aren't doing that.

Certainly we have the right to COMMENT and debate the issue...wouldn't you agree?

I didn't realize so many of the fleebaggers were eligible for recall. There are petitions against 13 of the 14 who ran away.

Actually there are 14 recalls in action. Six against Democrats and 8 against Republicans. (LINK)

I don't believe 13 (or 14) of the Democrat Senators that fled the State can be recalled. Wisconsin Law provides that an elected official cannot be recalled until they have served one year of their term (LINK).

>>>>

Actually there are 14 recalls in action. Six against Democrats and 8 against Republicans. (LINK)

I don't believe 13 (or 14) of the Democrat Senators that fled the State can be recalled. Wisconsin Law provides that an elected official cannot be recalled until they have served one year of their term (LINK).>>>>

That applies to the Governor as well.

Yes, the 6 recalls of Democrats are only those 6 of the 14 that can be recalled right now.

I don't believe 13 (or 14) of the Democrat Senators that fled the State can be recalled. Wisconsin Law provides that an elected official cannot be recalled until they have served one year of their term (LINK).

>>>>

That's what I thought as well, but I read an article somewhere that said all but one had petitions against them.

But I just checked again, and it appears only 8 of the 14 are eligible, and 6 are being actively petitioned against (as you stated).

It doesn't matter, IMO. The Budget will be set next week anyway. The recalls won't have any effect until next year, if they have any effect at all.

Wow.

He such a damn hypocrite,, demonRats are always commenting and messing in Republicans business, and I bet a nickel he didn't tell all those union thugs who were shipped in from other states to Wisconsin to get the hell out no sirrrreeeeee bibbity bob :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back