wi fi signal

I just bought an iPhone 6 and I have been leaving it sitting on the end table as I sit on the couch and use my iPad. The last few days I keep losing my wifi signal....it finally occurred to me to turn off the iPhone and see if that was the problem. That was about an hour ago and since then the wifi signal has been steady. I googled the problem but couldn't see any recent conversations or fixes. I don't really need the iPhone on....maybe I will move it to another room and see if that works also...

It could be your router. It might have only so many possible connections. How many wi-fi devices do you have and how old is your router?

I just bought an iPhone 6 and I have been leaving it sitting on the end table as I sit on the couch and use my iPad. The last few days I keep losing my wifi signal....it finally occurred to me to turn off the iPhone and see if that was the problem. That was about an hour ago and since then the wifi signal has been steady. I googled the problem but couldn't see any recent conversations or fixes. I don't really need the iPhone on....maybe I will move it to another room and see if that works also...
I'd recommend unplugging your router for a minute or so and seeing if the problem continues.

Your router should have zero problem handling an iPad and an iPhone. For example I'm paying for the fastest internet my provider offers. And I have my XboxOne, PS3, laptop, kindle, and iphone6 all running at the same time and they usually all work great... but my router is 3 years old. And it seems like every couple of weeks it craps out and only my laptop gets reliable internet. But all I need to do is reset the router.

Of course the permanent solution is to buy a new router but :dunno:

The router is probably 5 years old...its a time warner product...I think. I am a tech dummie...depend on my son for input and his fix is invariably shut it off and turn it back on. I am only running the iPhone and iPad. I will try your fix and see what happens....thanks for your input...

Odd. I have both iPhone and iPad and have never had a problem.

It always cracks me up that turning off and on "fixes" stuff.

er, uh, I mean, powering off and powering on again.

The router is probably 5 years old...its a time warner product...I think. I am a tech dummie...depend on my son for input and his fix is invariably shut it off and turn it back on. I am only running the iPhone and iPad. I will try your fix and see what happens....thanks for your input...

Routers get damaged by heat and dust over the years. 5 years is a long time but if you unplug it every couple of weeks for a few minutes it should be fine.

Odd. I have both iPhone and iPad and have never had a problem.

It always cracks me up that turning off and on "fixes" stuff.

er, uh, I mean, powering off and powering on again.
It's the first thing any computer expert will recommend! And funny enough it works most of the time!

Remember back in the early days, an email joke that made the rounds, all about how if your car was like your computer. Same stuff. Funny and all true.

Every so often, my weather app won't load the latest weather info. I turn off/on the phone and its fine. Usually, I just make it a point to turn everything off and back on every week or so.

Try making sure "messaging" is turned OFF on both devices. If's ON with both they may be chatting with each other though not likely plotting against you. Just keeping each other over-busy.

All computers memory (speaking particularly of the memory where active programs/applications reside) accumulate errors over time. You can prevent a lof of shit by turning them off for a few minutes every now and again then turning them back on. Just "putting them to sleep" is not enough to force a reboot from non-volatile memory.

Forum List

Back