WI A.G. Releases 100 PAGES of Threats Against Lawmakers During Budget “Negotiations"

I am sure the MSM will pursue these threats with the same alacrity, focus and vigor to say nothing of exposure, given to other threats of this nature associated with this type of debate/argument and atmosphere, in fact, I am sure of it!:rolleyes:

Records detail threats against Walker, lawmakers
About a dozen matters are under criminal investigation

By Bruce Vielmetti of the Journal Sentinel

May 12, 2011 |(303) Comments

More than 100 pages of public records released Thursday reveal again how high emotion, bad judgment and anti-social media combined in February to generate a nationwide investigation of threats against Gov. Scott Walker and lawmakers on both sides of his budget-repair bill.

Emails, Twitter streams, Facebook and Craigslist postings, phone calls and even a few notes sent by U.S. mail ranged from overt threats of violence to promises of political retaliation to benign-sounding requests for investigations of lawmakers' actions. A surprising number of even the most vile messages came from readily-identifiable senders.

The vast majority of about 90 matters referred to the state authorities were determined to present "no criminal nexus or viable threat," but about a dozen remain open as cases with the Division of Criminal Investigation, according to Assistant Attorney General Kevin Potter.

Of the 78 actions made public, about 30 were directed at Democrats, a few less at Walker and other Republicans, with the balance made up of vague or implied threats against no specific target, or concerns over demonstrators.

The records - a spreadsheet of referrals and copies of suspect communications, both written and oral - were released in response to a public records request from the Journal Sentinel and news media after the protracted budget-repair bill showdown that began in February.

Dozens of emails suggest Walker or legislators should be shot or hanged, or should watch their backs, look over their shoulders or resign. One man tweeted that he prayed an anvil would fall from the sky onto Walker.

FBI agents from Maine to California to Florida also got involved, the records show. A suspect in Maine was arrested after sending letters to that state's Republican U.S. senators suggesting that Walker should be killed and that all Republican governors resign.

A Burbank, Calif., resident who sent a long email rant offering a $50,000 bounty for Walker was interviewed by federal agents who determined he was mentally challenged and not a true threat.

Police in Nebraska tracked down a man who posted to a Wisconsin man's Facebook page that he expected the shooting to start soon and that he would be ready to inflict nonlethal shots so others could hear screams.

He told officers he got "carried away," didn't intend to harm anyone and has never been to Wisconsin.

Only one person has been charged so far with making threats, Katherine R. Windels, 26, of Cross Plains.

The records indicate, however, that a 37-year-old state Department of Corrections officer assigned to Milwaukee was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct alleging a verbal threat to shoot Walker in March. It does not appear from state court records that he was ever formally charged.

way more at-

Records detail threats against Walker, lawmakers - JSOnline

03-10-119508201_thumb.jpg

so out of the 78 threats, 30 of them were against Democrats? And LESS were against walker and the republicans?

Of the 78 actions made public, about 30 were directed at Democrats, a few less at Walker and other Republicans, with the balance made up of vague or implied threats against no specific target, or concerns over demonstrators.

so out of the 78 threats, 30 of them were against Democrats? And LESS were against walker and the republicans?

Umm guys more Dems were threatened

There were 90 matters, a dozen have been turned over to the authorities. Only 78 were made public.

Assistant Attorney General Kevin Potter said that about a dozen of the 90 matters referred to authorities remain open with the Division of Criminal Investigation, but the 'vast majority" were found to present no "viable threat."

You can bet the 12 were more serious threats were on Republicans, like this one:

One woman was charged after admitting she sent a threatening email to several Republican lawmakers.

Katherine R. Windels, 26, of Cross Plains was charged with two misdemeanor counts of allegedly making threats over a computer and two felony counts of allegedly making bomb threats.

In April, she pled "Not Guilty" to the two misdemeanor counts, but has never been arrested. The email she admitted sending to Republicans read:

Sent: Wed 3/9/2011 9:18 PM
To: Sen.Kapanke; Sen.Darling; Sen.Cowles; Sen.Ellis; Sen.Fitzgerald; Sen.Galloway; Sen.Grothman; Sen.Harsdorf; Sen.Hopper; Sen.Kedzie; Sen.Lasee; Sen.Lazich; Sen.Leibham; Sen.Moulton; Sen.Olsen
Subject: Atten: Death threat!!!! Bomb!!!!

Please put your things in order because you will be killed and your familes will also be killed due to your actions in the last 8 weeks. Please explain to them that this is because if we get rid of you and your families then it will save the rights of 300,000 people and also be able to close the deficit
that you have created. I hope you have a good time in hell. Read below for more information on possible scenarios in which you will die.

WE want to make this perfectly clear. Because of your actions today and in the past couple of weeks I and the group of people that are working with me have decided that we’ve had enough. We feel that you and the people that support the dictator have to die. We have tried many other ways of dealing with your corruption but you have taken things too far and we will not stand for it any longer. So, this is how it’s going to happen: I as well as many
others know where you and your family live, it’s a matter of public records. We have all planned to assult you by arriving at your house and putting a nice little bullet in your head. However, we decided that we wouldn’t leave it there. We also have decided that this may not be enough to send the message to you since you are so “high” on Koch and have decided that you are now going to single handedly make this a dictatorship instead of a demorcratic process. So we have also built several bombs that we have placed in various locations around the areas in which we know that you frequent. This includes, your house, your car, the state capitol, and well I won’t tell you all of them because that’s just no fun. Since we know that you are not smart enough to figure out why this is happening to you we have decided to make it perfectly clear to you. If you and your goonies feel that it’s necessary to strip the rights of 300,000 people and ruin their lives, making them unable to feed, clothe, and provide the necessities to their families and themselves then We Will “get rid of” (in which I mean kill) you. Please understand that this does not include the heroic Rep. Senator that risked
everything to go aganist what you and your goonies wanted him to do. We feel that it’s worth our lives to do this, because we would be saving the lives of 300,000 people. Please make your peace with God as soon as possible and say goodbye to your loved ones we will not wait any longer. YOU WILL DIE!!!!

Link

Umm guys more Dems were threatened

There were 90 matters, a dozen have been turned over to the authorities. Only 78 were made public.

You can bet the 12 were more serious threats were on Republicans, like this one:

One woman was charged after admitting she sent a threatening email to several Republican lawmakers.

Katherine R. Windels, 26, of Cross Plains was charged with two misdemeanor counts of allegedly making threats over a computer and two felony counts of allegedly making bomb threats.

In April, she pled "Not Guilty" to the two misdemeanor counts, but has never been arrested. The email she admitted sending to Republicans read:

Sent: Wed 3/9/2011 9:18 PM
To: Sen.Kapanke; Sen.Darling; Sen.Cowles; Sen.Ellis; Sen.Fitzgerald; Sen.Galloway; Sen.Grothman; Sen.Harsdorf; Sen.Hopper; Sen.Kedzie; Sen.Lasee; Sen.Lazich; Sen.Leibham; Sen.Moulton; Sen.Olsen
Subject: Atten: Death threat!!!! Bomb!!!!

Please put your things in order because you will be killed and your familes will also be killed due to your actions in the last 8 weeks. Please explain to them that this is because if we get rid of you and your families then it will save the rights of 300,000 people and also be able to close the deficit
that you have created. I hope you have a good time in hell. Read below for more information on possible scenarios in which you will die.

WE want to make this perfectly clear. Because of your actions today and in the past couple of weeks I and the group of people that are working with me have decided that we’ve had enough. We feel that you and the people that support the dictator have to die. We have tried many other ways of dealing with your corruption but you have taken things too far and we will not stand for it any longer. So, this is how it’s going to happen: I as well as many
others know where you and your family live, it’s a matter of public records. We have all planned to assult you by arriving at your house and putting a nice little bullet in your head. However, we decided that we wouldn’t leave it there. We also have decided that this may not be enough to send the message to you since you are so “high” on Koch and have decided that you are now going to single handedly make this a dictatorship instead of a demorcratic process. So we have also built several bombs that we have placed in various locations around the areas in which we know that you frequent. This includes, your house, your car, the state capitol, and well I won’t tell you all of them because that’s just no fun. Since we know that you are not smart enough to figure out why this is happening to you we have decided to make it perfectly clear to you. If you and your goonies feel that it’s necessary to strip the rights of 300,000 people and ruin their lives, making them unable to feed, clothe, and provide the necessities to their families and themselves then We Will “get rid of” (in which I mean kill) you. Please understand that this does not include the heroic Rep. Senator that risked
everything to go aganist what you and your goonies wanted him to do. We feel that it’s worth our lives to do this, because we would be saving the lives of 300,000 people. Please make your peace with God as soon as possible and say goodbye to your loved ones we will not wait any longer. YOU WILL DIE!!!!

Link

ok ,ty

my fault for not reading the full thread or article before responding!

Forum List

Back