Why?

Bush refused to talk to the Taliban about turning over Osama Bin Laden

He said we would just go in and get him ourselves.

How's that been working out???

Rewrite history much?

In an Islamic society, you simply can't "turn over" your guests. It's part of their code. The Taliban would never "turn over" Bin Laden because, according to their religious convictions, they couldn't.

Bush didn't even know the difference between Sunni and Shiite, not unusual for Republicans. After all, they are mostly uneducated bullies.

The Afgans don't want us there. Pakistan doesn't want us there. The Iraqis don't want us in their country either. So far, US policy has been a disaster.

True, we removed a terrible dictator, but replaced him with a terrible theocratic Islamic right wing extremist corrupt government who have wiped out most of their Christian population, that, or drove them out of the country.

Everywhere a disaster.

And Republicans have the shear unmitigated gall to blame it on Obama. What nerve!

It was time to get out of Iraq and Afghanistan years ago, but the big Democrat government machine was obviously not honest about their votes and full support for not only the invasions, the funding, but the continuation of both conflicts. Obama proposing an escalation and a drug war in Afghanistan, and the left can't be honest about the OBAMA clown show. If anyone knows why we need to be in Iraq today, please, let's hear it.

No wait, we can try the 9/11 folks in NYC, the most expensive trial in the world. Or maybe we can charge SEALs with assault and ask them to be discharged. Oh wait, already happening.........

;)

Repeat!

Perhaps when you have the courage to have "honest" debate.

How's the change going for you???

;)

Whenever you are ready dickhead. You go first. As for the change? I am pleased with the bulk of it besides what appears to be coming for Afghanistan. Thank you for asking.

Right, the plan Bush and McCain did not have, but is being followed and exceeded by Obama never happened.

Bush refused to talk to the Taliban about turning over Osama Bin Laden

He said we would just go in and get him ourselves.

How's that been working out???

Rewrite history much?

In an Islamic society, you simply can't "turn over" your guests. It's part of their code. The Taliban would never "turn over" Bin Laden because, according to their religious convictions, they couldn't.

Bush didn't even know the difference between Sunni and Shiite, not unusual for Republicans. After all, they are mostly uneducated bullies.

The Afgans don't want us there. Pakistan doesn't want us there. The Iraqis don't want us in their country either. So far, US policy has been a disaster.

True, we removed a terrible dictator, but replaced him with a terrible theocratic Islamic right wing extremist corrupt government who have wiped out most of their Christian population, that, or drove them out of the country.

Everywhere a disaster.

And Republicans have the shear unmitigated gall to blame it on Obama. What nerve!

I agree with much of what you say here, BUT the Taliban DID offer to turn over Bin Laden IF we could provide them with evidence of his guilt.

I voted for Obama. I still support many of his initiatives. HOWEVER, can someone please explain to me WHY we need to send more troops to Afghanistan. I CANNOT see us winning anything there. Based on our best intelliegince, Osama Bin Laden is no longer there, but rather in Pakistan. Besides more deaths, and more billions of dollars spent, what good is goiing to come from this?

You should ask John Kerry. He and Obama know what's best for the country.

The 49-page report "Tora Bora Revisited: How we failed to get Bin Laden and Why it Matters Today", prepared by the staff of the Senate Committee on Foreign Affairs and released today, points finger at then Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and his top military commander Tommy Franks for turning down requests for reinforcements to pursue Laden.

Laden, trapped in the rugged mountainous area in eastern Afghanistan, expected to die and had even written a will, said the report, commissioned by Committee Chairman John Kerry.

Trapped in Tora Bora in 2001, Osama had written his will- Hindustan Times

Ahhhh, now there was no Bush or McCain plan for Iraq. Please, continue...........

This is excellent. A smoking, big government liberal slave opens his own thread, and plays the clown. How surprising.

Last edited:
I voted for Obama. I still support many of his initiatives. HOWEVER, can someone please explain to me WHY we need to send more troops to Afghanistan. I CANNOT see us winning anything there. Based on our best intelliegince, Osama Bin Laden is no longer there, but rather in Pakistan. Besides more deaths, and more billions of dollars spent, what good is goiing to come from this?

The 49-page report "Tora Bora Revisited: How we failed to get Bin Laden and Why it Matters Today", prepared by the staff of the Senate Committee on Foreign Affairs and released today, points finger at then Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and his top military commander Tommy Franks for turning down requests for reinforcements to pursue Laden.

Laden, trapped in the rugged mountainous area in eastern Afghanistan, expected to die and had even written a will, said the report, commissioned by Committee Chairman John Kerry.

And this has WHAT to do with my original question?

Ahhhh, now their was no Bush or McCain plan for Iraq. Please, continue...........

This is excellent. A smoking, big government liberal slave opens his own thread, and plays the clown. How surprising.

Does this answer mean you have no clue what their plan was?

:confused: It has everything to do with it. You see, people like John Kerry (and the Obama Administration) want to sell to the American people the importance of sending more troops to Afghanistan because if we can just get Osama, everything will be wonderful. Aren't you glad they're in charge?

:confused: It has everything to do with it. You see, people like John Kerry (and the Obama Administration) want to sell to the American people the importance of sending more troops to Afghanistan because if we can just get Osama, everything will be wonderful. Aren't you glad they're in charge?

Correct me if I am wrong, but way back in the day, wasn't getting OBL our original mission in Afghanistan?

Bush Plan:

Find Osama and capture him.
Destroy the Taliban.
Democracy for Afghanistan.

Obama Plan:

Same as above, except blame Bush for a bad policy and pledge to get out soon.

The truth is we should absolutely have been out of both conflicts years ago, but Democrats wanted occupation. Now Obama is failing, and is trapped because he failed to walk the talk. Everyone just sit back and watch the failure unfold, and God bless our poor troops who will suffer from the liberal Democrat clown show. As if they didn't suffer enough from the liberal Bush clown show........

Forum List

Back