Why?

Beats the hell out of me. The R's are saying we should send 100000 in and the Senate Ds are saying Hennghhhh in general. This one baffles me.

Actually they didnt offer to turn him over. They offered to talk about turning him over. That isn't the same thing. Bush was right to reject what was obviously a delaying tactic.

I voted for Obama. I still support many of his initiatives. HOWEVER, can someone please explain to me WHY we need to send more troops to Afghanistan. I CANNOT see us winning anything there. Based on our best intelliegince, Osama Bin Laden is no longer there, but rather in Pakistan. Besides more deaths, and more billions of dollars spent, what good is goiing to come from this?

Obama says we need to stop the Taliban. Stabilize a democratic Afghanistan. Wouldn't it swell the unemployment ranks if the troop returned to civilian life right now?

I agree it is not a winnable war and fully expected Obama to disengage us in a much shorter time frame. It was one thing I thought I could count on a liberal to help with. Disappointment strikes again.

the messiah has made a mistake, he bragged during his campaign that Afghanistan was "a war worth fighting" one of the first things he did when coronated was send more troops to "the war worth fighting" the only reason he has cold feet now is because his far left base are spineless tweets who would refuse to fight if their mama was in danger. Having said that I agree with you, we cannot win there. He should pull all the troops out sooner rather than later and bring them home. Who cares if he has to eat crow.

I refuse to rep you because of your "because his far left base are spineless tweets who would refuse to fight if their mama was in danger" comment. This has nothing to do with the situation you are speaking of and actually speaks more to your hyper partisanship than anything. I do however, agree with the final sentence of your post.

Did I ask you to rep me? No I did not. And just so ya know, my hyperpartisanship is no different from the lefts use of the term "war mongerers" so quit being a hypocrite and put your rep where the moon don't shine. Having said that, he should bring all the troops home. I know that is in large part the reason you voted for him.

I prefer fear mongerer.....but that is just me. And yes, bay and large, I voted for Obama to get our troops ouot of Iraq and Afghanistan.

I told ewe you won't have the courage to answer the question. Your President is a failure, worse than Bush. A yes man. ;)

Bush is long retired, and Blowbama exceeding Bush failures now. Congratulations on winning the election. ;)

The rich getting a lot richer, the middle class being wiped out, and the poor increasing.

Thanks so much for your vote, it's almost like we told ewe so.............

;)

Obamalamas hand picked general requested the troops. I think he believes a surge will work in Afg like it did in Iraq. Personally I don't think it will as Afg is an entirely different can of worms. Folks I work with have been there. The place is rugged, mountainous and tribal leaders run the show in their own areas. This land had never been conquered by anyone and I don't think it will be by us either. Afg was Waterloo for the Russians and many others.

I'm certainly not an expert but from what I've read and seen on the news a smart war is the only way to win in Afg. Drones and Seal types on the ground to direct them. You need boots on the ground for support and to protect the larger cities but I really don't believe a surge will work in this country at all.

The left does not have the courage to answer this question. They feel the need to go fight a drug war against poor people in Afghanistan...........

Another Vietnam now, because Democrats can only fail. It's what they do, and why a clown like Bush was President twice. Look at his competition. The education of our young continues..............

This is such HORSESHIT! The GOP President started this little excursion. He left Afghanistan idle while pouring most of our resources into an unwinnable situation in Iraq. For you to blame Democrats alone for the hopeless situation in Afghanistan merely shows how uneducated and partisan you truly are. Good show!:clap2:

But it is OBAAAAMA AND MSNBC NEEEEEEWWWWWS Fault

Oh wait--I am 8 years to early for that one, huh?

Does anyone else know what the hell this was supposed to mean?

Obamalamas hand picked general requested the troops. I think he believes a surge will work in Afg like it did in Iraq. Personally I don't think it will as Afg is an entirely different can of worms. Folks I work with have been there. The place is rugged, mountainous and tribal leaders run the show in their own areas. This land had never been conquered by anyone and I don't think it will be by us either. Afg was Waterloo for the Russians and many others.

I'm certainly not an expert but from what I've read and seen on the news a smart war is the only way to win in Afg. Drones and Seal types on the ground to direct them. You need boots on the ground for support and to protect the larger cities but I really don't believe a surge will work in this country at all.

SO, by your measurement, WINNING is Afghanistan amounts to less US casualties? That is what the surge did in Iraq. Is that REALLY how low you people have set the bar now?

It was time to get out of Iraq and Afghanistan years ago, but the big Democrat government machine was obviously not honest about their votes and full support for not only the invasions, the funding, but the continuation of both conflicts. Obama proposing an escalation and a drug war in Afghanistan, and the left can't be honest about the OBAMA clown show. If anyone knows why we need to be in Iraq today, please, let's hear it.

No wait, we can try the 9/11 folks in NYC, the most expensive trial in the world. Or maybe we can charge SEALs with assault and ask them to be discharged. Oh wait, already happening.........

;)

I refuse to rep you because of your "because his far left base are spineless tweets who would refuse to fight if their mama was in danger" comment. This has nothing to do with the situation you are speaking of and actually speaks more to your hyper partisanship than anything. I do however, agree with the final sentence of your post.

Did I ask you to rep me? No I did not. And just so ya know, my hyperpartisanship is no different from the lefts use of the term "war mongerers" so quit being a hypocrite and put your rep where the moon don't shine. Having said that, he should bring all the troops home. I know that is in large part the reason you voted for him.

I prefer fear mongerer.....but that is just me. And yes, bay and large, I voted for Obama to get our troops ouot of Iraq and Afghanistan.

fine by me, but that makes you just as "hyper partisan" so you fail.

Actually they didnt offer to turn him over. They offered to talk about turning him over. That isn't the same thing. Bush was right to reject what was obviously a delaying tactic.

They offered to turn him over IF we could produce evidence of his guilt.

Given the faulty intel the Bush admin was peddling about the Al Qaeda/Iraq link and Iraq's "continuing" WMD program, you can hardly blame the Taliban for wanting to check under the hood.

However, the crimes were obviously commited against U.S. citizens on US. soil, so turning Bin Laden over to a "neutral third country" would have been (imho) inappropriate.

The idea that negotiating the Taliban offer would have created an unacceptable delay is (imho) absurd. Bush's refusal to try to work with the Taliban on this one really didn't speed anything along, now did it?

Last edited:
It was time to get out of Iraq and Afghanistan years ago, but the big Democrat government machine was obviously not honest about their votes and full support for not only the invasions, the funding, but the continuation of both conflicts. Obama proposing an escalation and a drug war in Afghanistan, and the left can't be honest about the OBAMA clown show. If anyone knows why we need to be in Iraq today, please, let's hear it.

No wait, we can try the 9/11 folks in NYC, the most expensive trial in the world. Or maybe we can charge SEALs with assault and ask them to be discharged. Oh wait, already happening.........

;)

It takes time to draw down 100,000 troops and all of the support materiel that go along with them. Obama has a schedule. Bush nor McCain did not. While I would like all of our troops out of Iraq now, I am happy Obama actually has a plan that does NOT include another 100 years of occupation.

fine by me, but that makes you just as "hyper partisan" so you fail.

IF you can prove me wrong, then I fail. Not until....

Forum List

Back