Why?

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
I voted for Obama. I still support many of his initiatives. HOWEVER, can someone please explain to me WHY we need to send more troops to Afghanistan. I CANNOT see us winning anything there. Based on our best intelliegince, Osama Bin Laden is no longer there, but rather in Pakistan. Besides more deaths, and more billions of dollars spent, what good is goiing to come from this?

I voted for Obama. I still support many of his initiatives. HOWEVER, can someone please explain to me WHY we need to send more troops to Afghanistan. I CANNOT see us winning anything there. Based on our best intelliegince, Osama Bin Laden is no longer there, but rather in Pakistan. Besides more deaths, and more billions of dollars spent, what good is goiing to come from this?

because he was left with a two-front war... and the taliban likes the idea of getting pakistan's nukes....

personally, i don't think we'll be there that long. this is just a shoring up so he doesn't leave a bigger mess when he leaves than was there when bush created this problem in the first place.

this was always the front that should have been addressed... we had no business in iraq in the first place.

Last edited:
Not to worry.
His Lordship the Obamessiah will explain all to his subjects tomorrow.
Probably.

because, of course, you didn't support bush keeping troops there?

BOOOSHSHHHH!!!. IT"S ALL BOOOOSSSHHHHH!!!!!!

Surely after nearly a year of OBama in office you can think of something more intelligent to say.

grow up... i can't help it if he's the gift that keeps on giving.

or did obama somehow start these problems?

oh wait...it's bush who let bin laden escape into the hills in 2003... hmmmmmm...

but doesn't matter... you wouldn't have supported the president if he sent no troops... 100,000 troops... or anyhthing in between... so as far as i'm concerned, you rightwingnuts are deranged on the obama issue. WHY we are there can't be discussed without discussing how we got there. and how to get out gracefully. if he pulled out all troops, you'd be crying your eyes out that the "libs" are cowards.

i can't help it if your boys screwed up and left the mess for the grown-ups to clean up. so go have a nice bloody mary or something this morning and get a grip... because responses like yours tells me you can't discuss these issues intelligently.

Last edited:
The left does not have the courage to answer this question. They feel the need to go fight a drug war against poor people in Afghanistan...........

Another Vietnam now, because Democrats can only fail. It's what they do, and why a clown like Bush was President twice. Look at his competition. The education of our young continues..............

the messiah has made a mistake, he bragged during his campaign that Afghanistan was "a war worth fighting" one of the first things he did when coronated was send more troops to "the war worth fighting" the only reason he has cold feet now is because his far left base are spineless tweets who would refuse to fight if their mama was in danger. Having said that I agree with you, we cannot win there. He should pull all the troops out sooner rather than later and bring them home. Who cares if he has to eat crow.

personally, i don't think we'll be there that long. this is just a shoring up so he doesn't leave a bigger mess when he leaves than was there when bush created this problem in the first place.

this was always the front that should have been addressed... we had no business in iraq in the first place.

You are right Jillian.

It will take Obama more that just a year to clean up the mess that Bush had 8 years to create.

Surely after nearly a year of OBama in office you can think of something more intelligent to say.

oh wait...it's bush who let bin laden escape into the hills in 2003... hmmmmmm...

but doesn't matter... you wouldn't have supported the president if he sent no troops... 100,000 troops... or anyhthing in between... so as far as i'm concerned, you rightwingnuts are deranged on the obama issue. WHY we are there can't be discussed without discussing how we got there. and how to get out gracefully. if he pulled out all troops, you'd be crying your eyes out that the "libs" are cowards.

i can't help it if your boys screwed up and left the mess for the grown-ups to clean up. so go have a nice bloody mary or something this morning and get a grip... because responses like yours tells me you can't discuss these issues intelligently.

Hey Jillian

According to my calculations, you have at least 8 years to make reference to Bush and Fox News. The Right wingers know that you are right and desperately try to change the subject!!

Yes--it is the BOOOSHHHH AND FAUUUSSS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSES FAULT!!:evil:

Not to worry.
His Lordship the Obamessiah will explain all to his subjects tomorrow.
Probably.

He has a valid point, what has changed regarding the war in the last 10 months?

The left does not have the courage to answer this question. They feel the need to go fight a drug war against poor people in Afghanistan...........

Another Vietnam now, because Democrats can only fail. It's what they do, and why a clown like Bush was President twice. Look at his competition. The education of our young continues..............

This is such HORSESHIT! The GOP President started this little excursion. He left Afghanistan idle while pouring most of our resources into an unwinnable situation in Iraq. For you to blame Democrats alone for the hopeless situation in Afghanistan merely shows how uneducated and partisan you truly are. Good show!:clap2:

the messiah has made a mistake, he bragged during his campaign that Afghanistan was "a war worth fighting" one of the first things he did when coronated was send more troops to "the war worth fighting" the only reason he has cold feet now is because his far left base are spineless tweets who would refuse to fight if their mama was in danger. Having said that I agree with you, we cannot win there. He should pull all the troops out sooner rather than later and bring them home. Who cares if he has to eat crow.

I refuse to rep you because of your "because his far left base are spineless tweets who would refuse to fight if their mama was in danger" comment. This has nothing to do with the situation you are speaking of and actually speaks more to your hyper partisanship than anything. I do however, agree with the final sentence of your post.

I refuse to rep you because of your "because his far left base are spineless tweets who would refuse to fight if their mama was in danger" comment. This has nothing to do with the situation you are speaking of and actually speaks more to your hyper partisanship than anything. I do however, agree with the final sentence of your post.

Did I ask you to rep me? No I did not. And just so ya know, my hyperpartisanship is no different from the lefts use of the term "war mongerers" so quit being a hypocrite and put your rep where the moon don't shine. Having said that, he should bring all the troops home. I know that is in large part the reason you voted for him.

This is such HORSESHIT! The GOP President started this little excursion. He left Afghanistan idle while pouring most of our resources into an unwinnable situation in Iraq. For you to blame Democrats alone for the hopeless situation in Afghanistan merely shows how uneducated and partisan you truly are. Good show!:clap2:

But it is OBAAAAMA AND MSNBC NEEEEEEWWWWWS Fault

Oh wait--I am 8 years to early for that one, huh?

ANd Bush somehow did start all this? Was it Bush who failed to take al Qaeda seriously after a series of terrorist attacks, including on the WTC? Was it Bush who refused to remain engaged in Afghanistan after they drove the Soviets out? No, it was the Democrats.
But instead of trying to fix blame, what is being done to help the situation? What has been done in the last 10 months to make it better? I thought Obama was elected to fix the mess Bush made. Instead he has continued Bush's policies, dithered on what to do, or made his own policies which are ineffective and/or counterproductive.
The Left needs to grow a pair and start demanding some accountability from this undocumented worker they put in the White House.

The only mistakes Bush made (IMHO) on Afghanistan were to 1) Play it as second fiddle to Iraq and 2) fail to pursue the Taliban's offer to turn over Bin Laden in the first place.

IMHO: Afghanistan was the correct place to pursue those responsible for 9/11 attacks. Al Qaeda is in shambles and Bin Laden probably dead. Mission accomplished (although I would very much like to confirm Bin Laden's death or capture him - but that window of opportunity has probably been squandered.)

I was not aware the Taliban offered to turn over bin Laden. In fact I remember distinctly their refusal to do so ahead of the US invasion.

I was not aware the Taliban offered to turn over bin Laden. In fact I remember distinctly their refusal to do so ahead of the US invasion.

They offered after the first couple of days of bombing.
I would not have favored accomodating ALL the terms, but it was an offer worth looking at and attempting to negotiate some better terms. Bush refused to do so and I think that was a big mistake.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back