why?

froggy

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2009
if you make good money, why do you want the gov. to give ya health care?

The millions of Americans that do obtain health care coverage from their employers--do not want a public option--& I can't think of one single person who makes money--why they would want a government option.

The Americans who do want government controlled health--are the ones who cannot afford health care coverage as is. Predominately lower income--or ones who have pre-existing conditions.

What they do not understand is--that they can get lower cost insurance with government staying OUT of the money issue &

1. Mandating that all those who can afford health insurance get it & pay for it.
2. Tort Reform
3. Open up competition between the states & we will see premiums come down.
4. (In my state of Colorado) the state legislature added $3.00 per month to all premiums to offer people with pre-existing conditions afforable health insurance.

These simple things the government can do without jumping in there to take it over. As we have seen--the government is very inefficient at handleing tax payer dollars. If there is really 500 BILLION in Medicare fraud they should find it--rather than trying to expand it.

The millions of Americans that do obtain health care coverage from their employers--do not want a public option--& I can't think of one single person who makes money--why they would want a government option.

The Americans who do want government controlled health--are the ones who cannot afford health care coverage as is. Predominately lower income--or ones who have pre-existing conditions.

What they do not understand is--that they can get lower cost insurance with government staying OUT of the money issue &

1. Mandating that all those who can afford health insurance get it & pay for it.
2. Tort Reform
3. Open up competition between the states & we will see premiums come down.
4. (In my state of Colorado) the state legislature added $3.00 per month to all premiums to offer people with pre-existing conditions afforable health insurance.

These simple things the government can do without jumping in there to take it over. As we have seen--the government is very inefficient at handleing tax payer dollars. If there is really 500 BILLION in Medicare fraud they should find it--rather than trying to expand it.

speaking of gov. and money they gave one ccountry 3trill to rebuild ,but no building was done and no one can say where the money is.

I'd prefer to have the situation where I was making good money and paying 1.5% of my taxable income for a universal health care system. Oh wait, I do! :D

What I wouldn't want would be for my employer to bargain with me for me to hand over some of my salary to them so they could buy health insurance for me.

Even if you didn't make good money, why would you want the government to manage your health care? They can't manage anything else. What makes you think they can manage your health care?:cuckoo:

I think you're missing the point. People who make good money and have access to health insurance and support government healthcare want it for OTHER people, who they are convinced are incapable of managing their own lives. Why are they so crazed on the subject? Because it makes them feel like "good, compassionate, caring" people. It's appalling sometimes how much money we spend in this country for no other reason than to give leftists a warm, fuzzy glow about themselves.

In the US, we have two different problems, both which need to be addressed. Insurance companies do not want to insure anyone that may be a risk, and given the opportunity, those insurance companies will find a way to drop any risk they can. So we have a situation where many people, who could afford health insurance, are turned away due to their being a risk.

Secondly, we have an even bigger problem with the cost of healthcare. Not only is it too expensive now, but it's going to get much worse. Yes, many people are happy with their employer provided coverage, but that is going to change as prices double again over the next ten years.

In order to deal with the first problem, which is access to reasonable healthcare for everyone, the second problem must be solved first. And honestly, from what I see, neither the insurance companies or goverenment provide a very good answer, because neither is going to help reduce costs.

The real answer is remove the insurance companies from everything except catastrophic insurance. If the insurance companies weren't involved, most routine healthcare costs would be cut in half, making it affordable to just about everyone. For those truly unable to afford basic healthcare, government could subsidize those people. That would just leave catastrophic care and healthcare for retirees, which is already covered by Medicare.

In the US, we have two different problems, both which need to be addressed. Insurance companies do not want to insure anyone that may be a risk, and given the opportunity, those insurance companies will find a way to drop any risk they can. So we have a situation where many people, who could afford health insurance, are turned away due to their being a risk.

Secondly, we have an even bigger problem with the cost of healthcare. Not only is it too expensive now, but it's going to get much worse. Yes, many people are happy with their employer provided coverage, but that is going to change as prices double again over the next ten years.

In order to deal with the first problem, which is access to reasonable healthcare for everyone, the second problem must be solved first. And honestly, from what I see, neither the insurance companies or goverenment provide a very good answer, because neither is going to help reduce costs.

The real answer is remove the insurance companies from everything except catastrophic insurance. If the insurance companies weren't involved, most routine healthcare costs would be cut in half, making it affordable to just about everyone. For those truly unable to afford basic healthcare, government could subsidize those people. That would just leave catastrophic care and healthcare for retirees, which is already covered by Medicare.

Sounds good. Now how do we wrench the insurance companies out of the equation? Are their lobbyists going to leave the Beltway and stop the political padding and pandering they do to keep the legislature turning their way?

Sounds good. Now how do we wrench the insurance companies out of the equation? Are their lobbyists going to leave the Beltway and stop the political padding and pandering they do to keep the legislature turning their way?

That won't be easy. First and foremost is to make it easy for anyone to set up a HSA. And instead of tying the HSA to the insurance companies, let each individual have control over their own account. For instance, someone sets up an HSA through their bank. They are given a Debit card for that account, but it can only be used by authorized agents (healthcare providers). This way people can't spend the money on anything other than healthcare. And that money is locked in. Once money is deposited, it may only be used for healthcare, but at the same time, there are no penalties for not using it; it just rolls over from year to year and builds up, so as an individual gets older, there is plenty of money in it for their basic medical care.

Since I have found myself without insurance, I have found that I can get the same medical care I was receiving through my insurance company for less than half the cost. This goes for lab tests, phlebotomies, CT Scans, Ultrasounds, and doctors visits. When the insurance companies are not part of the equation, it is amazing how quickly costs come down.

That being said, insurance, whether private or through the goverenment, is necessary for the big stuff. If you suffer a heart attack, or you are diagnosed with cancer, or you develop a chronic condition, costs for medical care can sore. And for that, everyone needs to be covered. The reason health insurance costs so much is because health insurance plans try to cover everything. Why should health insurance cover a routine trip to the doctor? Healthcare providers hate dealing with insurance companies. It costs them a lot of money to do so. The problem is that is all they seem to do anymore. If you go into a doctor's office and tell them you don't have insurance, they have to try to figure out what they're going to charge you. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

New Topics

Forum List

Back