Why....

....is my cat licking the black painted metal bed post?

Too many possibilities ... need more info. :razz:

Oh damn, got a really bad joke in my head suddenly.

What "more info"?

Ratt. 18 years old. Licking metal bedpost.

That's it. Just sitting there licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking.

And licking.

your cat and my cat should get together!

I want to know why my cat bites anyone who comes near her but my son pulls her tale and she walks away without a word. Or why she feels the need to sleep on my face in the morning?
My dog does lick the refridgerator, the outside! And the wood molding in my house!

....is my cat licking the black painted metal bed post?

What "more info"?

That's it. Just sitting there licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking, and licking.

And licking.

If it's a hot day, it might be helping Ratt cool off. Maybe something good tasting got splashed on it. Maybe someone touched it and the cat's getting the salt off ... :razz: See? Too many possibilities! Best bet, grab a camcorder and tape it.

It's similar to the question I always asked about 7 years ago. I had this cat that could not restrain itself from SUCKING my blanket/comforter. By the way the blanket was clean and UNSTAINED in any way.

It's similar to the question I always asked about 7 years ago. I had this cat that could not restrain itself from SUCKING my blanket/comforter. By the way the blanket was clean and UNSTAINED in any way.

That's easy. Early separation from it's mother. Every cat I've ever gotten too young has done that. Something about that blanket reminds it of its mother...

What "more info"?

And licking.

If it's a hot day, it might be helping Ratt cool off. Maybe something good tasting got splashed on it. Maybe someone touched it and the cat's getting the salt off ... :razz: See? Too many possibilities! Best bet, grab a camcorder and tape it.

No, no, and no. And there's just something wrong with taping a cat licking a bed post...

why did you dye your hair black and purple? sometimes you just get the urge to do something

I gave a complete list of reasons why I dyed my hair purple and black. When I asked Ratt why she's licking the damned bedpost, she just looked at me.

Thread reminds me... should I get a cat? Cute little long black hair kitten. She's not afraid of Hos.

Dis, my daughter's cat (he's 7) likes to lick our patio sliding glass door all the time. Then, when I have it open (like now) he likes the metal part you slide it on. Every day! You would think by now, there wouldn't be any flavor left!

Maybe because it's cooler? The cool metal feels good on the tongue? I don't know, did you spill anything tasty on it?

Maybe because it's cooler? The cool metal feels good on the tongue? I don't know, did you spill anything tasty on it?

I'm in Wisconsin. We have the potential for frost tonight.. She doesn't need "cool". It's 70 degrees in here.

And no. This has been going on for a couple weeks now.

What "more info"?

And licking.

No, no, and no. And there's just something wrong with taping a cat licking a bed post...

:lol: Your whole question is a huge setup for a lot of really bad jokes ... sorry. :razz:

Forum List

Back