Why????

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Obama Justice Department Decision Will Allow Non-Citizens to Register to Vote in Georgia

Atlanta - “The decision by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) to deny preclearance of Georgia’s already implemented citizenship verification process shows a shocking disregard for the integrity of our elections. With this decision, DOJ has now barred Georgia from continuing the citizenship verification program that DOJ lawyers helped to craft. DOJ’s decision also nullifies the orders of two federal courts directing Georgia to implement the procedure for the 2008 general election. The decision comes seven months after Georgia requested an expedited review of the preclearance submission.

“DOJ has thrown open the door for activist organizations such as ACORN to register non-citizens to vote in Georgia’s elections, and the state has no ability to verify an applicant’s citizenship status or whether the individual even exists. DOJ completely disregarded Georgia’s obvious and direct interest in preventing non-citizens from voting, instead siding with the ACLU and MALDEF. Clearly, politics took priority over common sense and good public policy.

News Room | Press Release

Hey! Americans,, kiss your azz and your country goodbye,, cause you've been fucked!

because they will vote for ..... you guessed it.

I have just received the following wire from my generous Daddy. It says, ''Dear Jack: Don't buy a single vote more than is necessary. I'll be damned if I am going to pay for a landslide.'' John F. Kennedy

The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all. John F. Kennedy

Democracy is a form of government that substitutes election by the incompetent many for appointment by the corrupt few. George B. Shaw

Basically, the right to vote is a right that has been paid for for over 200 years by the very blood of americans who have fought in countless conflicts the world over. When this right is watered down or supplanted in order to gain political favor it disgraces the very souls of those who died protecting it. The word citizen should stand for something and regardless of who you are and what your background is, this is a right you as a citizen should hold near and dear because our sons and daughters are paying for it with their lives. Organizations, politicians, and others that would seek to take this from you or dilute it ,do you and me and all those who protect it a diservice and bring shame upon themselves.

There is no justification for this action.

The primary question is will there be a rule of law in the US or will there not? It appears that the Obama regime has taken a decision to subvert the rule of law in favor of political ascendancy.

The clock is ticking.

why do dems support this? how can any dem honestly support this? i wouldn't be surprised if the courts rule the citizens don't have standing, just like citizens don't have standing to demand constitutional proof of a presidential candidates ability to serve...

There is no justification for this action.

The primary question is will there be a rule of law in the US or will there not? It appears that the Obama regime has taken a decision to subvert the rule of law in favor of political ascendancy.

The clock is ticking.

Ummm.... I seem to recall a whole lot of hollerin' about Bush subverting the rule of law. So if it was a bad thing then, it must be a bad thing now, right? Otherwise what we have here is just another instance of Obama following in Bush's footsteps and one more piece of evidence that there's no change.

Nor are all Republicans united on this. Randy Evans, the Republican appointee to the State Elections Board, called the screening program a “terrible waste of taxpayer dollars and a slap in the face of Latino voters.”

“And yes, I know this is the requested approval from the DOJ from the case from last year — in advance of the new legislation that is the SoS codification of the compromise ruling. But from the DOJ perspective, they are one and the same,” he wrote in one of two e-mails this afternoon.

U.S. Justice Department rejects Georgia screening to check citizenship of voters | Political Insider

We're just one step closer to an armed revolution.

How do you think that would go? It's not the 18th century...weaponry is much better than it was then. No citizen would want to feel the heavy hand of our government on their throat. You couldn't even imagine a clusterbomb landing in your neighborhood.

Nor are all Republicans united on this. Randy Evans, the Republican appointee to the State Elections Board, called the screening program a “terrible waste of taxpayer dollars and a slap in the face of Latino voters.”

“And yes, I know this is the requested approval from the DOJ from the case from last year — in advance of the new legislation that is the SoS codification of the compromise ruling. But from the DOJ perspective, they are one and the same,” he wrote in one of two e-mails this afternoon.

U.S. Justice Department rejects Georgia screening to check citizenship of voters | Political Insider

what's yer point? putting a Republican name there? think that makes it right welldoyahuh?

Forum List

Back