Why?

The system is rotten and needs to be terminated. One man's opinion based on the facts. Please read the following...more at the link below.

Break Up the USA.
By Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr.
Some of our assumptions are so deeply embedded that we cannot perceive them ourselves.

Case in point: everyone takes for granted that it’s normal for a country of 320 million to be dictated to by a single central authority. The only debate we’re permitted to have is who should be selected to carry out this grotesque and inhumane function.

Here’s the debate we should be having instead: what if we simply abandoned this quixotic mission, and went our separate ways? It’s an idea that’s gaining traction – much too late, to be sure, but better late than never.

For a long time it seemed as if the idea of secession was unlikely to take hold in modern America. Schoolchildren, after all, are told to associate secession with slavery and treason. American journalists treat the idea as if it were self-evidently ridiculous and contemptible (an attitude they curiously do not adopt when faced with US war propaganda, I might add).

And yet all it took was the election of Donald Trump for the alleged toxicity of secession to vanish entirely. The left’s principled opposition to secession and devotion to the holy Union went promptly out the window on November 8, 2016. Today, about one in three Californians polled favors the Golden State’s secession from the union.

In other words, some people seem to be coming to the conclusion that the whole system is rotten and should be abandoned.

The system is rotten and needs to be abandoned.

Am I a traitor?

Break Up the USA - LewRockwell LewRockwell.com

I've been saying this for some time here on USMB. We should just divide the country right in half: liberals on one side, conservatives on the other. Anybody in between can pick the side they wish to live on.

Imagine that. Living in a country with no liberals around for miles. Nobody complaining about our guns, nobody complaining about our pollution, nobody complaining about our immigration policies, nobody complaining about our low taxation for anybody, nobody complaining we need more social programs, nobody complaining about our lack of spending tax dollars, nobody complaining our military is too large. Sounds like utopia to me.

On the other side, high taxation would force most companies to move to our side. We would need to build that wall because the left side would be a heaven for crime. Nobody would have guns to protect themselves there. Their government would be broke because of their open border policy and endless social programs.

I'm for it. How about any liberals out there???

Partisan ideologues are so fucking boring. Could you all just nominate one person to represent your borg vision of utopia please.

Partisan ideologues are so fucking boring. Could you all just nominate one person to represent your borg vision of utopia please.

You could and it would work well if we lived in an Autocracy. But we don't. One person can't change things. We have a very complicated and slow process to do things here. We have a President, we have a Congress, we have a Senate, we have federal courts on several levels.

You could and it would work well if we lived in an Autocracy. But we don't. One person can't change things. We have a very complicated and slow process to do things here. We have a President, we have a Congress, we have a Senate, we have federal courts on several levels.
I was talking about all the posts that presume that a dissolution of the Union is going to be along party/ideological lines. Wherein you build a wall around your utopia to keep all the meanies away. It's droll, yet quite boring when done ad nauseam.

o my did you say this in 2013 when texas wanted to go? o i bet not....i bet not one of you attacked conservatives
I'm not attacking anyone. As a liberal I believe people have a right to abolish any form of government that they feel is tyrannical. If Texas or Cali wants to leave the Union, I wish them all the best.

I was talking about all the posts that presume that a dissolution of the Union is going to be along party/ideological lines. Wherein you build a wall around your utopia to keep all the meanies away. It's droll, yet quite boring when done ad nauseam.
The union should be dissolved not because libs and cons disagree, but because 320 million people in a large geographical nation should not be controlled by a very small group of elitists in Washington DC. Clearly our government is failing most Americans. However it does greatly benefit a very small select group of Americans.

I say dissolve the nation into city states...then government assholes are very close to home. Citizens should be able to better control their government this way.

At any rate, government is an antiquated idea. It has not changed or evolved with advancements in technology. It operates as it has for centuries, which of course means it is corrupt and harmful. Is it not time for government to get with the 21st century?

Is it not time for government to get with the 21st century?
By reverting back to the 18th century? Sure, why not. What could go wrong.

I will restate my belief that government, even on a federal level, is not inherently corrupt. We were given a system that we should be able to maintain if not for our fervent support of free market capitalism. Allowing people to buy out the system is what corrupted it and what will prevent you from realizing your dream as laid out in the OP.

The system is rotten and needs to be terminated. One man's opinion based on the facts. Please read the following...more at the link below.

Break Up the USA.
Some of our assumptions are so deeply embedded that we cannot perceive them ourselves.

Case in point: everyone takes for granted that it’s normal for a country of 320 million to be dictated to by a single central authority. The only debate we’re permitted to have is who should be selected to carry out this grotesque and inhumane function.

Here’s the debate we should be having instead: what if we simply abandoned this quixotic mission, and went our separate ways? It’s an idea that’s gaining traction – much too late, to be sure, but better late than never.

For a long time it seemed as if the idea of secession was unlikely to take hold in modern America. Schoolchildren, after all, are told to associate secession with slavery and treason. American journalists treat the idea as if it were self-evidently ridiculous and contemptible (an attitude they curiously do not adopt when faced with US war propaganda, I might add).

And yet all it took was the election of Donald Trump for the alleged toxicity of secession to vanish entirely. The left’s principled opposition to secession and devotion to the holy Union went promptly out the window on November 8, 2016. Today, about one in three Californians polled favors the Golden State’s secession from the union.

In other words, some people seem to be coming to the conclusion that the whole system is rotten and should be abandoned.

Am I a traitor?

Yo, yes, you`re the common "Democrat Commie!" I say, all you Commies should move to California, and we True Americans will build a Wall, or Trump can extend the Wall, and close you out from the Country, I would LOVE IT!!!

"GTP"
View attachment 113272
Yo. I am about as far from being a commie, as is humanly possible.

But your post is instructive, as I suspect you are like the loyalist during the American Revolution. Sadly there are way too many of your kind, so the slow descent into tyranny is difficult to stop.

Do elaborate on this "descent into tyranny" please.
It is where our government and political class is taking us. Can't you see it?

Yo, if you people would give Trump a chance? You would see he is not going down the same road as the other Globalist!!!

"GTP"
USA-USA-USA
bugsflagdp.gif

Break Up the USA.

Am I a traitor?

Yo, yes, you`re the common "Democrat Commie!" I say, all you Commies should move to California, and we True Americans will build a Wall, or Trump can extend the Wall, and close you out from the Country, I would LOVE IT!!!

"GTP"
View attachment 113272

But your post is instructive, as I suspect you are like the loyalist during the American Revolution. Sadly there are way too many of your kind, so the slow descent into tyranny is difficult to stop.

Yo, if you people would give Trump a chance? You would see he is not going down the same road as the other Globalist!!!

"GTP"
USA-USA-USA
View attachment 113392
Trump is not the problem. The entire political class and military industrial complex is.

Break Up the USA.

Am I a traitor?

"GTP"
View attachment 113272

Here's what I think: It's where the elites and government have been steering us for most of my lifetime.

That has changed with the election of Trump. The powers that be wanted Jeb! or Hillary because they are/were a part of the establishment.

Yes the political class wants tyranny and complete subjugation of the citizenry; I think they're going to lose a lot of ground and influence quickly and

peacefully in the next few years.

Break Up the USA.

Am I a traitor?

"GTP"
View attachment 113272

Here's what I think: It's where the elites and government have been steering us for most of my lifetime.

That has changed with the election of Trump. The powers that be wanted Jeb! or Hillary because they are/were a part of the establishment.

Yes the political class wants tyranny and complete subjugation of the citizenry; I think they're going to lose a lot of ground and influence quickly and

I hope you are right, but fear you are not. Most Americans are asleep to the dangers of unlimited government controlled by a criminal elite. Many Americans are fooled into believing big government is good, generally leftists and statists. The elite have turned the nation into a warmongering empire that enriches them, while limiting the people's rights.

"GTP"
View attachment 113272

I hope you are right, but fear you are not. Most Americans are asleep to the dangers of unlimited government controlled by a criminal elite. Many Americans are fooled into believing big government is good, generally leftists and statists. The elite have turned the nation into a warmongering empire that enriches them, while limiting the people's rights.

Housecleaning will be commencing in short order.

I fear the only one getting 'house cleaned' will be Trump, but then I am a pessimist.

I fear the only one getting 'house cleaned' will be Trump, but then I am a pessimist.

Yo, """Too All American Women Who Voted For Trump"""
Trump Has The "Devil Forces" Working Against Him, But He Will Overcome!!!

"GTP"
BlessingJesus.gif

Break Up the USA.

Am I a traitor?

"GTP"
View attachment 113272

You just joined the ranks of us conspiracy nuts. Just because we're paranoid it doesn't mean they aren't out to get us ;)

Forum List

Back