Why?

beretta304

Rookie
Aug 13, 2012
A Saner Place
Keeping it simple. When Romney was running for President he was constantly hounded for the "details" on his policies/plans.

Why is it when Boehner says he will agree to tax revenue increases with cuts, Obama gets a pass when Boehner adds ..if the president will detail what and where he will make cuts?

So Republicans need to be specific but Democrats do not. :cool:

Keeping it simple. When Romney was running for President he was constantly hounded for the "details" on his policies/plans.

Why is it when Boehner says he will agree to tax revenue increases with cuts, Obama gets a pass when Boehner adds ..if the president will detail what and where he will make cuts?

Because Boenher isn't in a position to negotiate.

He already AGREED to tax increases. They are going to happen, regardless.

If he were smart, he'd just agree to a number, and then make the president come up with specifics later, and take the heat for them.

• Banned

If he were smart, he'd just agree to a number, and then make the president come up with specifics later, and take the heat for them.

How did that work out before?

Why do you care?

I don't think we are going to get out of this mess without both massive tax increases and massive cuts in spending. Everyone knows it, and the rest is just posturing.

• Banned

Why do you care?
I don't think we are going to get out of this mess without both massive tax increases and massive cuts in spending. Everyone knows it, and the rest is just posturing.

:cool:

Nice avoiding the question, guy.

Fact is, you are against things if Obama does them, not on policy reasons.

No matter who won, cuts and tax increases were coming, and everyone knew it. The reason people got on Romney's case was that he pretended that you could cut another 5Trillion in taxes and increase pentagon spending by another 2 Trillion and still balance the budget.

Thankfully, no one bought that.

Boehner is playing a game of "You go first" with the president

Obama has been there, done that and he is not going that path again

Fact is, Obama does not have to go first. The tax increases and spending cuts are in place. Let the House do its job and come up with a bipartisan plan

• Banned

No matter who won, cuts and tax increases were coming, and everyone knew it. The reason people got on Romney's case was that he pretended that you could cut another 5Trillion in taxes and increase pentagon spending by another 2 Trillion and still balance the budget.

Again are you serious? I wish I were the mechanic for your car. Just bring it in and I'll let you know what's wrong and I'll fix it. Oh and don't ask me what I'm going to fix either. But I'll fix it. How much? I'll let you knw when I'm done.

That's what you sound like.

Good grief, the dimwits that support this guy.

Again are you serious? I wish I were the mechanic for your car. Just bring it in and I'll let you know what's wrong and I'll fix it. Oh and don't ask me what I'm going to fix either. But I'll fix it. How much? I'll let you knw when I'm done.

Again, you guys already agreed to these cuts and increases... when you kicked the can down the road to now on the hope that Obama would lose.

But he didn't. Now you have to deal with it. If you want to go with a car analogy, it's paying for a $2000 repair because you didn't do the the $200.00 maintenance 30,000 miles ago.

Again, you guys already agreed to these cuts and increases... when you kicked the can down the road to now on the hope that Obama would lose.

But he didn't. Now you have to deal with it. If you want to go with a car analogy, it's paying for a $2000 repair because you didn't do the the $200.00 maintenance 30,000 miles ago.

Do you ever address what people reply to you with or do you just want to post your own distorted lies?

Seriously! Start a thread and just pontificate on it. Have nothing but your opinions with no facts and reply to yourself all day long.

It will be just another day for you anyway. :eusa_eh:

Romney was asked policy positions and intentions because he was trying to unseat a sitting president. In other words, he had to give voters a good reason to elect him.

He failed.

Your butthurt continues.

Tasty.

Yep. Let's go over the fiscal cliff, and see what happens. See who gets the blame. And then, let's get on to real tax reform. Which will include some real tax increases for the very wealthy. Soros and Buffet have some excellent ideas on that subject. Cuts? Of course. Many can be made in MediCare and MediAid simply by enforcing fraud laws and sending people like Rick Scott to prison instead of a position of governor. The GOP does love their felons.

Do you ever address what people reply to you with or do you just want to post your own distorted lies?

Seriously! Start a thread and just pontificate on it. Have nothing but your opinions with no facts and reply to yourself all day long.

Seriously? You think (I use that term loosely) that you provide responses to what is asked.
Reaaly?

Just declare yourself the whiner and move on.

Yawn... I've actually come up with a better metaphor.

Boenher is the guy who didn't maintain his car.

Obama's the guy with the tow truck.

Guess who makes the rules....

Bareass, you just got your ass kicked. And, if you and the rest of the GOP continues their protection of unjustified wealth, you will get your ass kicked again in the mid-term elections. Anti-worker, anti-women, anti-minority, and anti-reason. That platform is not a winning one.

Bareass, you just got your ass kicked. And, if you and the rest of the GOP continues their protection of unjustified wealth, you will get your ass kicked again in the mid-term elections. Anti-worker, anti-women, anti-minority, and anti-reason. That platform is not a winning one.

Did you say something Pebbles?

Boehner is playing a game of "You go first" with the president

Obama has been there, done that and he is not going that path again

Fact is, Obama does not have to go first. The tax increases and spending cuts are in place. Let the House do its job and come up with a bipartisan plan

You make John Boehner cry.

Why do you care?

I find it amusing that the government keeps track of spending at all.

You should address this point made by Joe B.: "If you want to go with a car analogy, it's paying for a $2000 repair because you didn't do the the $200.00 maintenance 30,000 miles ago"

The GOP 'worries' about future generation and the debt; the fact that they will not support rebuilding, repairing and updating our nations roads, bridges, tunnels, electrical grid, etc is criminal. Real republicans would support IKE's 'promise' of "swords into plowshares" and support a massive program to bring us into the 21st Century; sadly, the GOP seems intent into moving us back to the 19th.

You should address this point made by Joe B.: "If you want to go with a car analogy, it's paying for a $2000 repair because you didn't do the the $200.00 maintenance 30,000 miles ago"

The GOP 'worries' about future generation and the debt; the fact that they will not support rebuilding, repairing and updating our nations roads, bridges, tunnels, electrical grid, etc is criminal. Real republicans would support IKE's 'promise' of "swords into plowshares" and support a massive program to bring us into the 21st Century; sadly, the GOP seems intent into moving us back to the 19th.

:clap2: That's all well and good. Now what about Obama getting a pass on naming details while Romney was asked for specifics? And the auto analogy was about trust not what you and Joey want to turn it into.:cool:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back