Why?

Why do so many posters engage in name calling and disparaging remarks when they have a difference of opinion with another? Is this a way to vent their anger to something going on in their life?

Just what makes people so ugly that they cannot contain themselves in a civil discussion? Does it make them more superior and they need that so badly?

Don't get me wrong, I have thought of not so nice names when I read some posts, but I wouldn't think of saying it on the board. Nor would I be so rude when in engaging in a face to face discussion. Why do it here?

I have been on a few sites that the avid name calling and cursing one another had ramped up the intellectual responses in a few. Waltky's posts remind me of a few things I have come across from a few different boards where some of the posters are known to do such. California Girl seems to be one that could 'fit right in'... :D

Sometimes being in a calming... atmosphere is not provoking enough for some and posts remain unchallenged/unchallenging. The name calling and cursing, while it can prove to be a distraction and destroy some potential in some, it has it's benefits. :dunno: Some seem to *just* be 'called' to do so... as some are so witty and well equipped with adequate words that it is most effective. :dunno:

The balancing act that mods would have to do in maintaining an atmosphere most productive is not something I envy. I have been on boards that seemingly have some very difficult expectations... I end up sometimes being more passive and accommodating than not... and most of my points seem to be overlooked or annoying as hell to some... and I have even been banned... *lola* Go figure. :dunno:

I don't understand what gets some posters banned... but then, too, when threads go on drama trips I usually loose interest, even if only for a while.

It seems some posters thrive off of drama trips, though, and some post for the sole purpose of provoking such things. :eusa_clap:

I see you fit nicely into the "I take CG far too seriously" box.

Idiot.

Jackson... I'm sometimes one of the easiest to provoke... I will get a message or a response and it will stick me like a pin until I reply... :lol: Perhaps not everyone is like that, though. Most people post opinions... I angle to not post too many personal opinions. I prefer to not share my stinky side with *just* anyone. :lol:

Jackson... I'm sometimes one of the easiest to provoke... I will get a message or a response and it will stick me like a pin until I reply... :lol: Perhaps not everyone is like that, though. Most people post opinions... I angle to not post too many personal opinions. I prefer to not share my stinky side with *just* anyone. :lol:

You are so gonna regret telling me that. :badgrin:

Idiot.

Why do so many posters engage in name calling and disparaging remarks when they have a difference of opinion with another? Is this a way to vent their anger to something going on in their life?

Just what makes people so ugly that they cannot contain themselves in a civil discussion? Does it make them more superior and they need that so badly?

Don't get me wrong, I have thought of not so nice names when I read some posts, but I wouldn't think of saying it on the board. Nor would I be so rude when in engaging in a face to face discussion. Why do it here?

I have been on a few sites that the avid name calling and cursing one another had ramped up the intellectual responses in a few. Waltky's posts remind me of a few things I have come across from a few different boards where some of the posters are known to do such. California Girl seems to be one that could 'fit right in'... :D

Sometimes being in a calming... atmosphere is not provoking enough for some and posts remain unchallenged/unchallenging. The name calling and cursing, while it can prove to be a distraction and destroy some potential in some, it has it's benefits. :dunno: Some seem to *just* be 'called' to do so... as some are so witty and well equipped with adequate words that it is most effective. :dunno:

The balancing act that mods would have to do in maintaining an atmosphere most productive is not something I envy. I have been on boards that seemingly have some very difficult expectations... I end up sometimes being more passive and accommodating than not... and most of my points seem to be overlooked or annoying as hell to some... and I have even been banned... *lola* Go figure. :dunno:

I don't understand what gets some posters banned... but then, too, when threads go on drama trips I usually loose interest, even if only for a while.

It seems some posters thrive off of drama trips, though, and some post for the sole purpose of provoking such things. :eusa_clap:

Idiot.

AND dearest Chicklet, I apologize for your mistaken assumption... You don't ever post enough factual information about any of your stances for me to take you 'too seriously', but I also don't necessarily under-estimate your understanding. You are quite entertaining... :eusa_angle:

LOL, I understand. Everyone has that side. I vent to my dog.

Reported to PETA :eek:

You are so gonna regret telling me that. :badgrin:

Idiot.

I doubt it. I am also well aware of manipulative measures... and have become quite seasoned in dealing with being publicly jaded on message boards. :tongue:

Idiot.

AND dearest Chicklet, I apologize for your mistaken assumption... You don't ever post enough factual information about any of your stances for me to take you 'too seriously', but I also don't necessarily under-estimate your understanding. You are quite entertaining... :eusa_angle:

Depends on how you define 'factual information'. If you consider links to bullshit partisan media to 'prove' a 'fact', then no... I absolutely don't do that. But I am intelligent enough to know that the media is no more capable of factual accuracy and unbiased reporting than partisan hacks are.

I have a way... :D but my dog, he's not involved... he seems to think he's my baby no matter what I say to him. *hearts*

Idiot.

Depends on how you define 'factual information'. If you consider links to bullshit partisan media to 'prove' a 'fact', then no... I absolutely don't do that. But I am intelligent enough to know that the media is no more capable of factual accuracy and unbiased reporting than partisan hacks are.

Perhaps we agree and you are my mouth piece. ;)

Idiot.

Little man, I have not 'assumed' anything. You mentioned me as one who 'name calls'. I speak as I find, offend or please. If you are an idiot, it's not my fault. I do, however, retain the right to point it out. And I will.

Idiot.

Idiot.

Little man, I have not 'assumed' anything. You mentioned me as one who 'name calls'. I speak as I find, offend or please. If you are an idiot, it's not my fault. I do, however, retain the right to point it out. And I will.

Idiot.

Hmmmm.... :dunno: Perhaps I was mistaken. :dunno: :eusa_whistle::eusa_silenced:

Forum List

Back