Why?

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
Something I have always sort of wondered about...

Why do they measure a woman's bust size in inches? It makes more sense to me to measure that particular body area in either handsful or mouthfuls? Is it just me or do you think this is odd too?

Why do they measure a woman's bust size in inches? It makes more sense to me to measure that particular body area in either handsful or mouthfuls? Is it just me or do you think this is odd too?

Because people have different sized hands and mouths.

But of course, a man's measurement of inches is typically more generous than a woman's measurement of those same inches. :eusa_whistle:

But of course, a man's measurement of inches is typically more generous than a woman's measurement of those same inches. :eusa_whistle:

Could be that you're both just viewing it from a different angle...

Just saying.

I can only assume you are talking about inseam.
Those are painstakingly accurate. I don't want to be walking around in high water pants. :lol:

Looking for a new job in the department of weights and measures, BBD?

Looking for a new job in the department of weights and measures, BBD?

No. Just really really bored today.

The size of the breast is the cup...A B C D ...

The inches measure the distance around the woman's torso. 34" 36" 38" ...

OK. I can grasp that concept. Now, answer me this... If the size of the breast is the cup size, i.e., A, B, C, D I have another question. Has anybody ever done the math to figure out what the actual volume of an A cup is? B cup? C cup? or even a D cup? In terms of actual measurement of volume, how much bigger is a D cup than a B cup? Does anybody know?

They measure horses in "hands high"............

OK. I can grasp that concept. Now, answer me this... If the size of the breast is the cup size, i.e., A, B, C, D I have another question. Has anybody ever done the math to figure out what the actual volume of an A cup is? B cup? C cup? or even a D cup? In terms of actual measurement of volume, how much bigger is a D cup than a B cup? Does anybody know?

Here you go...

STEP 1: BAND SIZE

Measure under your arms, high on your back, across the top of your chest. If this measurement is an even number, this is your band size. If an odd number, add 1" to determine your band size.

STEP 2: CUP SIZE

Measure loosely around the fullest part of your bust. Next, subtract your band measurement from your bust measurement; each inch represents a cup size. For example: if your band measurement is 34" and your bust measurement is 36", the difference between these measurements is two inches, and you'd wear a B-cup.
Bra Fitting - How to measure your bra size at Bare Necessities

Best of luck with your fitting! :lol: ;)

New Topics

Forum List

Back