Why Zizou why???????

akiboy

Mar 28, 2006
Mumbai
Well, I am really really disappointed that France lost out!!!

I agree what Zidane did was out of control and he had to be sent out , but look at the circumstances. Materazzi ( the slimy git ) called him a dirty terrorist , insulting his Algerian ancestry and called Zidane's sister a whore!!! Now , MATERAZZI SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN A RED CARD FOR THAT BUT UNFORTUNATELY ZIDANE GOT ONE COZ OF THE HEAD BUTT ( A good one too would have put a WWF wrestler to shame ) . I bet anyone would have done that to Materazzi!! Zidane has been insulted constantly about his origin and his ghetto past in the back streets of Marseille. In 1998 when he won the Cup for France some stupid French politicians insulted him about his origins.

Personally I feel if Zidane wouldnt have been sent off the cup would be in French hands!!! Italy are very very lucky!!!!!!

PS:- Zidane also got the Golden Ball award for the Best Player in the World Cup!!

Akshay Bharadwaj

akiboy said:
Well, I am really really disappointed that France lost out!!!

I agree what Zidane did was out of control and he had to be sent out , but look at the circumstances. Materazzi ( the slimy git ) called him a dirty terrorist , insulting his Algerian ancestry and called Zidane's sister a whore!!! Now , MATERAZZI SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN A RED CARD FOR THAT BUT UNFORTUNATELY ZIDANE GOT ONE COZ OF THE HEAD BUTT ( A good one too would have put a WWF wrestler to shame ) . I bet anyone would have done that to Materazzi!! Zidane has been insulted constantly about his origin and his ghetto past in the back streets of Marseille. In 1998 when he won the Cup for France some stupid French politicians insulted him about his origins.

Personally I feel if Zidane wouldnt have been sent off the cup would be in French hands!!! Italy are very very lucky!!!!!!

PS:- Zidane also got the Golden Ball award for the Best Player in the World Cup!!

Akshay Bharadwaj

Zidane has a history of this type of behaviour when on the world's soccer stage:

-----

Zidane's previous record for head-butting is damning. He was given a five-match Champions' League ban in 2000 for doing the same to Jochen Kientz of Hamburg when he was at Juventus. He was sent off during France's victorious 1998 World Cup campaign for stamping on Faoud Amin of Saudi Arabia.

He was known for a shortness of temper at the start of his career in Cannes when he reacted badly to taunts about his race or origins. There is a story in France attributed to a scout who watched Zidane as a young boy that fits Sunday's events. In the game in question Zidane was crudely tackled, picked himself up before walking over to his assailant and knocking him out with a head-butt.

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/internationals/article1171388.ece

-----

As to the Dirty Terrorist remark, in the same article as above, Materazzi denies it in the same article as above. It also mentions the possibility that he did refer to Zidane's sister as a prostitude Now.if it is true that he did make a remark about Zidane's sister, Zidane's reaction was totally over the edge. I have been to Italian First Division soccer matches where players have said things worse (about wives/girlfriends) to other players, officials, people in the crowd, and the crowd responded to players and officials with the same.

You are representing your country in the biggest soccer event in the world. Final of the World Cup. You are tied in overtime. You are one of the best players in the world; the definite leader of your team. You have already scored on penalty kick and you know that you will probably end up deciding the world championiship on penalty kicks - and that you will take one of them.

You simply don't do something to get ejected from the game.

I am not justifiying what Materazzi did. Absolutely not. Players do all kinds of things to get into other players' heads. Keepers will wish the opposing player "Good Luck" before the penalty kick. There are pinches and grabs all over the field. And yes, as unfortunate at is it, even remarks about sisters, mothers, and wives.

But Zidane was wrong. He got what he deserved. He put shame and embarrassment on his entire country.

I agree what Zidane did was atrocious and brought shame on the whole French Team. But can you imagine in the finals of the biggest tournament in the World with all that tension , pressure and fatigue when your oppenent plays dirty like Materazzi. My question is why didnt materazzi get a red card ?????? Hell , he didnt even get questioned by Fifa officials after the match!!! Italian football has its own share of controversies but abusing another player's sisiter in such a disgusting manner is too much!! What Zidane did was wrong but I bet anyone would have done it!! If Zidane or any other Frenchman had said the same thing to Totti , Materazzi or Del Piero I am 100% sure that the above mentioned players would have reacted physically!! And talking about Zidane's headbutting in the past ...... He was prompted by certain people who said disgusting things about his poor and sad past in Algeria and in the back streets of Marseille!! It has been revealed that Zidane wants to forget about his past and IS VERY VERY SENSITIVE ABOUT IT!! ( I am sure anyone would be if they were in Zidane's shoes) . Materazzi (the slimy git) probably knew it and taunted him. There was no way Italy could have won the cup with Zidane playing so this cheat resorted to taunting knowing clearly well that Zidane would react and would get sent off.

Congrats to Italy on winning the Cup , but they should remember that it is only because of Zidane's sending off!!!!

AkSHAY

akiboy said:
I agree what Zidane did was atrocious and brought shame on the whole French Team. But can you imagine in the finals of the biggest tournament in the World with all that tension , pressure and fatigue when your oppenent plays dirty like Materazzi. My question is why didnt materazzi get a red card ?????? Hell , he didnt even get questioned by Fifa officials after the match!!! Italian football has its own share of controversies but abusing another player's sisiter in such a disgusting manner is too much!! What Zidane did was wrong but I bet anyone would have done it!! If Zidane or any other Frenchman had said the same thing to Totti , Materazzi or Del Piero I am 100% sure that the above mentioned players would have reacted physically!! And talking about Zidane's headbutting in the past ...... He was prompted by certain people who said disgusting things about his poor and sad past in Algeria and in the back streets of Marseille!! It has been revealed that Zidane wants to forget about his past and IS VERY VERY SENSITIVE ABOUT IT!! ( I am sure anyone would be if they were in Zidane's shoes) . Materazzi (the slimy git) probably knew it and taunted him. There was no way Italy could have won the cup with Zidane playing so this cheat resorted to taunting knowing clearly well that Zidane would react and would get sent off.

Congrats to Italy on winning the Cup , but they should remember that it is only because of Zidane's sending off!!!!

AkSHAY

Materazzi admits to saying something that was insulting. But it was also something that is bantered around the pitch over and over again all over the world.

He denies saying anything about Z's mother or being a terrorist. His own mother died when he was a kid and he is very sensitive about that subject also.

I"m sure the Saudi Arabian player who had his chest stomped on during the 1998 World Cup or the Hamburg player who he head-butted during a Champions League match both said something about his mother or his heritage.

And again....in that arena..the biggest and not to mention FINAL game of his career, representing his country, he should have been big enough and displayed enough self control, that regardless of what was said, he turns and walks away.

zz is a dolt...everyone knows he has a short fuse...say a few choice words and get him sent off....i used to do it to strikers all the time

manu1959 said:
zz is a dolt...everyone knows he has a short fuse...say a few choice words and get him sent off....i used to do it to strikers all the time

I could not agree with any more. Come on Zidane, its the World Cup! The Italians did everything they could to provoke you and you went after the hook and bit. I don't agree with the tactic, but Zidane should no better.

zidane can not be excused, but he can be forgiven.

The Matterazzi's provocation is simply not acceptable, this guy is a sucker. Red card for him.
But it doesn't surprise me, the italian championship is the most racist of the world.

Now, problem : FIFA wants to stop racism. If it is proven that Matterazzi had racist talks, FIFA has to react.

And : article 55 of the FIFA : if a player has racist talks, the team of the player can be disqualified and loose the title.

Then, Italy should loose its title.

I'm not very crazy to give the title to France. France deserved to win, like Italy.
But have a second star on the shirt after a such thing is quite strange.

Anyway, in a such case, Italy should be punished exemplary.

padisha emperor said:
zidane can not be excused, but he can be forgiven.

The Matterazzi's provocation is simply not acceptable, this guy is a sucker. Red card for him.
But it doesn't surprise me, the italian championship is the most racist of the world.

Now, problem : FIFA wants to stop racism. If it is proven that Matterazzi had racist talks, FIFA has to react.

And : article 55 of the FIFA : if a player has racist talks, the team of the player can be disqualified and loose the title.

Then, Italy should loose its title.

I'm not very crazy to give the title to France. France deserved to win, like Italy.
But have a second star on the shirt after a such thing is quite strange.

Anyway, in a such case, Italy should be punished exemplary.

Materazzi did not say anything racist. He did not say anything about Z being a terrorist. Even Z admits this is true.

In his interview last night, Z says that the insults concerned his mother and sister. Materazzi denies he insulted his mother; his mom died when he was young and he is extremely sensitive about that.

Did he say something about Z's sister? Sure...of course he did. Probably a reference to the number of men she sleeps with. Or better yet, after Materazzi pulled on Z's shirt, Z said something about giving him the shirt after the game. Materazzi probably said something like, "I'll get it from your sister after I _____ her."

There is a shock. Soccer players dogging each other about their sisters, wives and/or girlfriends.

Normal? Yes. Crude? Yes.

Racist? No.

padisha emperor said:
well, so Materazzi should be punished alone (not the whole team) for that. (ex : forbidden to play during one year, something like that)

Banned for a year for dogging Z's sister?

Forum List

Back