Why You WILL Sign Up For Obamacare

As Obamacare becomes the law of the land and employers based healthcare dwindles away I think you'll all do the right thing and get signed up.......
Unlikely.

It's worth it to me to pay the fine in order to retain my right an as American to provide for my health care as I see fit.

And to think, the Democrats call themlseves the party of choice.

And if madated purchase is ruled unconstitutional then you'll have to buy REAL expensive private coverage......

Or, as I suspect, you will simply not buy any HI and expect society to take care of your bills.

As Obamacare becomes the law of the land and employers based healthcare dwindles away I think you'll all do the right thing and get signed up.......

Courts may not get last word in health care fight

"Medicare's coverage for doctor visits is totally voluntary and carries a separate premium, yet more than nine in 10 seniors sign up. The reason is simple: those who opt out when they first become eligible face a lifelong penalty that escalates the longer they wait."

"The same kind of penalty could be incorporated into the health care overhaul in place of the current mandate that all Americans who can afford a policy must carry one. That would be a stiff nudge to get healthy people into the insurance pool, keeping premiums in check after the law takes away the ability of insurers to deny coverage to those in poor health."

"You don't have to buy insurance. But if you don't, the first time you come in, we're going to add a penalty that you'll have to pay for the next four or five years."

"As a society, we have made a commitment not to let people die in the street because of lack of medical care," she said, noting that hospital emergency rooms have to accept the uninsured. "It's not unreasonable to say that people be required to carry some sort of coverage."

Courts may not get last word in health care fight - Yahoo! News

physicians refusing medicare - Google Search

and Medicare is the model, :rolleyes:

More Minn. doctors refusing Medicare patients over low reimbursements
by Tom Robertson, Minnesota Public Radio
December 3, 2010

LISTEN

Bemidji, Minn. — Congress has agreed to a one-month delay in a huge payment cut to doctors who treat Medicare patients -- a short-term reprieve to a looming crisis over treatment of the nation's elderly.

In Minnesota, a growing number of doctors are refusing to take on new Medicare patients. Physicians have complained for years that Medicare doesn't keep up with the cost of delivering health care -- expenses that are driving some out of business.

Dr. Linda Marden, who runs a private neurology practice in the Brainerd Lakes area, said the Medicare program is so unstable that she's decided to shutter her practice at the end of this month.

"It's pretty much untenable for me to keep a practice up here," Marden said.

About half of Marden's patients are enrolled in Medicare. High numbers of elderly patients are common in rural Minnesota. In January, she will move to a larger and younger community in Alabama, where she'll have fewer Medicare patients.

Marden said that while the cost of providing health care has skyrocketed, the compensation for treating Medicare patients remains low...

New Topics

Forum List

Back