Why You WILL Sign Up For Obamacare

DaGoose

Gold Member
Nov 16, 2010
Illinois
As Obamacare becomes the law of the land and employers based healthcare dwindles away I think you'll all do the right thing and get signed up.......

Courts may not get last word in health care fight

"Medicare's coverage for doctor visits is totally voluntary and carries a separate premium, yet more than nine in 10 seniors sign up. The reason is simple: those who opt out when they first become eligible face a lifelong penalty that escalates the longer they wait."

"The same kind of penalty could be incorporated into the health care overhaul in place of the current mandate that all Americans who can afford a policy must carry one. That would be a stiff nudge to get healthy people into the insurance pool, keeping premiums in check after the law takes away the ability of insurers to deny coverage to those in poor health."

"You don't have to buy insurance. But if you don't, the first time you come in, we're going to add a penalty that you'll have to pay for the next four or five years."

"As a society, we have made a commitment not to let people die in the street because of lack of medical care," she said, noting that hospital emergency rooms have to accept the uninsured. "It's not unreasonable to say that people be required to carry some sort of coverage."

Courts may not get last word in health care fight - Yahoo! News

Last edited:
No, I won't sign up for anything that's unconstitutional, period. And whether or not you are able to see the writing on the wall, obamacare is going to go away, starting in January.

Why would anyone sign up for healthcare in a system that has no funding?

Even democrats aren't that stupid.

It has some funding. They stole 960 Billion dollars from Seniors to fund it and this new omnibus porker has 90 billion dollars of funding in it for obamacare. So that's a trillion dollars. Course all the seniors are going to suffer but that's the way it is in librulland.

It has some funding. They stole 960 Billion dollars from Seniors to fund it and this new omnibus porker has 90 billion dollars of funding in it for obamacare. So that's a trillion dollars. Course all the seniors are going to suffer but that's the way it is in librulland.

That's going to change too, starting next month. The closer you get to the conservatives replacing the dems, the more we're starting to hear the call for a total repeal of obamacare. That IS why many of the conservatives were elected.

Last edited:

That's going to change too, starting next month. The closer you get to the conservatives replacing the dems, the more we're starting to hear the call for a total repeal of obamacare. That IS why they were elected.

I agree. It has very minimal funding now, but we'll see in February.

And all that may be moot anyway, if the unconstitutionality is upheld.

No, I won't sign up for anything that's unconstitutional, period. And whether or not you are able to see the writing on the wall, obamacare is going to go away, starting in January.

ObamaCare is Unconstitutional and too costly; it must be scrapped

What's unconstitutional about it? :confused:

If you're referring to the mandate to buy we'll see. But the crux of the article is what would happen if it IS ruled unconstitutional.

You'd "sign up" for it the same way I do - it would be deducted - along with your other mandated deductions- from your pay before you ever get what's left over.

My Social Security income is $1,216.00 of which $110 is deducted for my Medicare coverage, leaving me with $1,106 per month spendable income. We sign up for private pay insurance because Medicare doesn't pay squat for anything. So, in my case another $98 will be automatically deducted from my checking account for that premium. If I jump on the welfare rolls, I would not pay any amount for my Medicare coverage, a portion of my private insurance coverage would be paid by Social Security/state funding and I'd be eligible for food stamps as well.

The entire Obamacare plan needs to be done away with - period.

You'd "sign up" for it the same way I do - it would be deducted - along with your other mandated deductions- from your pay before you ever get what's left over.

My Social Security income is $1,216.00 of which $110 is deducted for my Medicare coverage, leaving me with $1,106 per month spendable income. We sign up for private pay insurance because Medicare doesn't pay squat for anything. So, in my case another $98 will be automatically deducted from my checking account for that premium. If I jump on the welfare rolls, I would not pay any amount for my Medicare coverage, a portion of my private insurance coverage would be paid by Social Security/state funding and I'd be eligible for food stamps as well.

The entire Obamacare plan needs to be done away with - period.

I don't know why you stay in Medicare then. If what you wrote is true then you would be rediculous to stay in the program.

As Obamacare becomes the law of the land and employers based healthcare dwindles away I think you'll all do the right thing and get signed up.......

Courts may not get last word in health care fight

"Medicare's coverage for doctor visits is totally voluntary and carries a separate premium, yet more than nine in 10 seniors sign up. The reason is simple: those who opt out when they first become eligible face a lifelong penalty that escalates the longer they wait."

"The same kind of penalty could be incorporated into the health care overhaul in place of the current mandate that all Americans who can afford a policy must carry one. That would be a stiff nudge to get healthy people into the insurance pool, keeping premiums in check after the law takes away the ability of insurers to deny coverage to those in poor health."

"You don't have to buy insurance. But if you don't, the first time you come in, we're going to add a penalty that you'll have to pay for the next four or five years."

"As a society, we have made a commitment not to let people die in the street because of lack of medical care," she said, noting that hospital emergency rooms have to accept the uninsured. "It's not unreasonable to say that people be required to carry some sort of coverage."

Courts may not get last word in health care fight - Yahoo! News

No penalty for pre-existing conditions. That is the get out of jail free card. A broken leg, a bad cold, cancer or a kidney faliure are all pre-existing conditions.

If you get covered at minute one and cannot be turned down, no penalty can be levied that will slow down abuse. Are you suggesting that a poor guy who cannot afford the premiums who appears in the ED with a compound fracture will be denied care under Obamacare until he both pays the penalty and signs up for lifetime insurance?

What next? Prison sentence for a sore throat?

Old folks who are leaving the work force and have the pension and the SS payments going are a different group than the 29 year old single white male who needs every dime for beer and women. It is the payments from this group that theoretically supports the care for the elderly group.

Unlikely.

It's worth it to me to pay the fine in order to retain my right an as American to provide for my health care as I see fit.

And to think, the Democrats call themlseves the party of choice.

Forum List

Back