Why you want to be ugly!

anotherlife

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2012
Cross-Atlantic
Most places on Earth appreciate beauty. And women want to be beautiful. But now, in the 21st century, actually starting from the 1980's, this idea got a serious competition. The competition against being beautiful, is the drive to live at minimum effort.

Most notably, fast food and cars developed a culture where other modes of transportation and home cooking is looked down at. Obesity is the result.

The question is, is the loss of beauty to obesity a price that is worth to pay for easy living? I think most Americans would say "yes". And with the worldwide Americanization, trading beauty away for easy living and obesity becomes the new world standard.

Can beauty be brought back? Or is it dead?

il_fullxfull.174170889.jpg

Average 1900 women

radicalwomenmed1-300x225.jpg

Average 2000 women.

Which would you rather be married to?

I think the women in the first picture are a lot younger than the women in the second picture, but, imo, the women in the 2nd picture are more beautiful. jmo

Last edited:
Most places on Earth appreciate beauty. And women want to be beautiful. But now, in the 21st century, actually starting from the 1980's, this idea got a serious competition. The competition against being beautiful, is the drive to live at minimum effort.

Most notably, fast food and cars developed a culture where other modes of transportation and home cooking is looked down at. Obesity is the result.

The question is, is the loss of beauty to obesity a price that is worth to pay for easy living? I think most Americans would say "yes". And with the worldwide Americanization, trading beauty away for easy living and obesity becomes the new world standard.

Beauty's incredibly subjective. Even across whole cultures. What's beautiful to one culture, may not be to another. Look at old Renassiance paintings, women in them were what we'd call plump today. The skinny size 6 types of today would be thought poor and sickly not too long ago.

The "beautiful people" in my experience spend an inordinate amount of time 'getting ready' just to step outside. Takes me 20 minutes to shower and get dressed taking my time. Takes women at least an hour for the same thing, and several times longer for anything fancy. Have better things to spend hours on than how I look.

As with the very wealthy, I think the very attractive spend a lot of time fearing the loss of that beauty (or wealth.) Whereas those who're more average don't fear loosing it nearly as much.

I begin to think that the renassiance painters painted the rich women fat because they wanted to show them as ugly. How deep does culture go? Some "scientific" literature says that with today's 70% rate of clinical obesity, men are politically incorrect if they don't want obese women. Hmmm.

il_fullxfull.174170889.jpg

Average 1900 women

radicalwomenmed1-300x225.jpg

Average 2000 women.

Which would you rather be married to?

I think the women in the first picture are a lot younger than the women in the second picture, but, imo, the women in the 2nd picture are more beautiful. jmo
Are these the AVERAGE 2000 women? I thought there was a 70% obesity rate.

if you want to be happy jimmy soul you tube - Bing Videos

I remember hearing that Kalifornians were good looking because good looking men and women from all over the country started moving there in the 1920s to now to get in the movies...most didn't of course but they met each other and had kids. Good looking people tend to end up with other good looking people. Why I appreciate beautiful women, it's a rare one with the caring personality I also appreciate. Give me the slim thighs and nice pooch under baggy clothes over the pretty face any day.....she'll be easier to get along with and you won't have to wonder where your buddies are when you're not around.
girl-with-red-heart-on-yellow-background.jpg

skinny women are unappealing to me , also don't like women that spend a lot of time in front of the mirror primping and priming . I like natural girls with a bit of healthy meat on their bones , shaved arm pits and legs plus impeccable hygiene .

Beauty is largely manufactured. Regardless of a woman's bone structure, if she is healthy (not excessively skinny or fat), dresses appropriately, is groomed appropriately (mainly, hairstyle that is suitable for shape of head/face), and takes advantage of the various cosmetics that are available, she can look fine.

Not to be snippy, but the Miley Cyrus person is as ugly as the south end of a mule, but most of "America" is convinced she is attractive. All projection and illusion. Same for the person who called herself "Madonna." (Is she still alive?)

And as for the OP, if there is a drive not to care about looking beautiful, the multi-billion dollar cosmetics industry hasn't got the memo on that yet.

skinny women are unappealing to me , also don't like women that spend a lot of time in front of the mirror primping and priming . I like natural girls with a bit of healthy meat on their bones , .

:lol:

Thanks for confirming that you are a fat, ugly loser.

There is no reason to desire better standards when people keep telling you are perfectly okay the way you are. In today's society self esteem supersedes the idea society can set standards the don't include failure.

Combine immediate gratification with the perpetual excuse for failure ... And some people will start to circle the drain.

Forum List

Back