Why You Should Only Spend $500 on Your Next TV

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
BY TIM MOYNIHAN 06.13.14

LG.jpg

At this moment, your smartest move is to go cheap. Buy a holdover HDTV, something simple and no-frills to keep you happy and entertained while UltraHD panels get cheaper, 4K programming becomes ubiquitous, and OLED prices fall to earth. For $500, you can get an excellent television between 39 and 50 inches. You may not get absolutely outstanding picture quality, but there are plenty of cheap sets that still rate as very, very good. You will also have to skip the design aesthetic of the more expensive models.

My wife found us a Samsung HiDef 51” set at K-Mart for $500 and change. This articles seems to hit the nail on the head. @ Why You Should Only Spend $500 on Your Next TV | Gadget Lab | WIRED

Well, my wife found a 51" Samsung Plasma TV for just around $500.

We had something in the 33" range by Panasonic and I thought it was pretty nice.

But, this new one is a monster! I can see the pimples on otherwise hot chicks and even all that small print they throw up during commercials.

It's hooked up to my cable box with HDTV and I'm really enjoying.

Kinda sad that Samsung has announced it will no longer produce plasma TVs.

I succeeded in getting my wife to watch TV over the web.
Hitachi 23" monitor.

Why You Should Only Spend $500 on Your Next TV
I guess the new 110 inch TV is out of the question then...?

Anyone who sprung for Samsung’s 85-inch monster Ultra HD 4K TV earlier this year is about to get a serious case of screen envy. The South Korean manufacturer has started taking orders for its promised 110-inch LCD-based 4K set (model S9110). Yes, that’s 110 inches of pixel-packed glory, and it can be yours for the low, low price of $150,000.

110 Inch TV Costs $150,000

BY TIM MOYNIHAN 06.13.14

LG.jpg

At this moment, your smartest move is to go cheap. Buy a holdover HDTV, something simple and no-frills to keep you happy and entertained while UltraHD panels get cheaper, 4K programming becomes ubiquitous, and OLED prices fall to earth. For $500, you can get an excellent television between 39 and 50 inches. You may not get absolutely outstanding picture quality, but there are plenty of cheap sets that still rate as very, very good. You will also have to skip the design aesthetic of the more expensive models.

My wife found us a Samsung HiDef 51” set at K-Mart for $500 and change. This articles seems to hit the nail on the head. @ Why You Should Only Spend $500 on Your Next TV | Gadget Lab | WIRED

You should get a tv that is a smart T.V.
Smart TV's have apps and you can stream television content over the internet if you have one of many services.

Just thought y'all should know there are some folks following this thread with interest.

I expect to be ready for my next TV probably by Christmas 2015.

So, I'm interested in reading other's opinions and thoughts on the next thing(s) in TV technology.

:popcorn:

Just thought y'all should know there are some folks following this thread with interest.

I expect to be ready for my next TV probably by Christmas 2015.

So, I'm interested in reading other's opinions and thoughts on the next thing(s) in TV technology.

:popcorn:

There's so much new stuff coming up that it's almost impossible to guess what's next.

Curved screens. ?
3-d TV?

Longknife let me know how that Samsung works out. I bought a "52" Samsung smart TV. It was cool with all those apps. The picture was amazing and realistic. But after two days I noticed red specks on the screen. So I went on line and did some research. Those red specks were actually burned out pixels. It's a common problem with some Samsung tvs. So I bought a Sony "52" inch couldn't be happier. That was a year ago and still enjoying it. Hope you get many years of enjoyment from it.

Forum List

Back