Why Would He Say Such Things?

This immediatly brings up the question, if a REFERENDUM was held and the Arabs decided that they wanted to devide the city would and should Israel Honor the referendum . I would like Hoss, Say-it, and MJB to reply, thank you.

Yup but only as part of a negotiated settlement of the conflict. :D
BTW, you completely ignored the point of my post. Given the constant drivel here about Israel's mistreatment of her Arab minority, why would Mr. Toameh say such things and are they true?

The problem with what you say is that Israel has already as a precondition to negotiations stated that Jerusalem will not be divided.

As an answer to your other question I would say that the highlighted portion below does it justice;

Ask the Arabs of East Jerusalem: Should Jerusalem Be Redivided? :: Gatestone Institute

Ask the Arabs of East Jerusalem: Should Jerusalem Be Redivided?
by Khaled Abu Toameh

"...In addition, the negotiators must concede the possibility of asking the Arab residents of the city about their preferences. There is no reason why more than 200,000 Arabs in Jerusalem should be denied the right to voice their opinion on a matter that has a direct affect on their lives and future.

This can be done through a referendum where the Arab residents would be asked if they would like to live in a divided city under the rule of the Palestinian Authority or Hamas. Most likely, a majority of the Arab residents would say that they prefer the status quo to the other options.

Most Arabs in the city prefer to live under Israeli rule for a number of reasons. First, because as holders of Israeli ID cards they are entitled to many rights and privileges that Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza Strip don't enjoy. They include freedom of movement and social, economic, health and education services that Israeli citizens are entitled to.

Redividing Jerusalem means bringing either the Palestinian Authority of Hamas into the city. The Arab residents of Jerusalem have seen what happened in the West Bank and Gaza Strip over the past 16 years and are not keen to live under a corrupt authority or a radical Islamist entity..."

The subject was the fact that many of the arabs now living in east jerusalem -----and who have citizen ID's would prefer Israel to retain Jerusalem. and that is it-----

Indeed and PattyCatty's response was just a lame attempt to deflect because Toameh's fact based opinions stand in stark contrast to his camel crap. :D

This immediatly brings up the question, if a REFERENDUM was held and the Arabs decided that they wanted to devide the city would and should Israel Honor the referendum . I would like Hoss, Say-it, and MJB to reply, thank you.

BTW, you completely ignored the point of my post. Given the constant drivel here about Israel's mistreatment of her Arab minority, why would Mr. Toameh say such things and are they true?

Was the question: Would you rather live in Israel or live in Palestine under Israeli occupation?

Not at all.
Toameh's point was clear but I can understand why you must try to avoid the question it raised.
"Redividing Jerusalem means bringing either the Palestinian Authority of Hamas into the city. The Arab residents of Jerusalem have seen what happened in the West Bank and Gaza Strip over the past 16 years and are not keen to live under a corrupt authority or a radical Islamist entity..." :D

The problem with what you say is that Israel has already as a precondition to negotiations stated that Jerusalem will not be divided.

And the chances that the PA and Hamas would allow such a referendum (or would accept its results) are even more remote but you asked me to answer your hypothetical and I did. Now you are whining. :D

Last edited:
The subject was the fact that many of the arabs now living in east jerusalem -----and who have citizen ID's would prefer Israel to retain Jerusalem. and that is it-----

Indeed and PattyCatty's response was just a lame attempt to deflect because Toameh's fact based opinions stand in stark contrast to his camel crap. :D

I am getting sick of your disrespect ( PattyCatty ) I have attempted to treat you with respect and for the most part I have suceeded, but you are starting to wear thin.

Your own article proves that the drival that you so complain about is not drival. Please adress the issue as regards to the quote from your article.;

First, because as holders of Israeli ID cards they are entitled to many rights and privileges that Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza Strip don't enjoy. They include freedom of movement and social, economic, health and education services that Israeli citizens are entitled to.

Seems to me that even your own author recognizes that Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza are treated poorly.

Last edited:

As an answer to your other question I would say that the highlighted portion below does it justice;[/B][/COLOR]
by Khaled Abu Toameh

Most Arabs in the city prefer to live under Israeli rule for a number of reasons. First, because as holders of Israeli ID cards they are entitled to many rights and privileges that Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza Strip don't enjoy. They include freedom of movement and social, economic, health and education services that Israeli citizens are entitled to.

Interesting. You now seem to be admitting that Arab residents of Israel prefer to be Israelis because of the treatment they are afforded. :D

I am getting sick of your disrespect ( PattyCatty ) I have attempted to treat you with respect and for the most part I have suceeded, but you are starting to wear thin.

Your own article proves that the drival that you so complain about is not drival. Please adress the issue as regards to the quote from your article.;

First, because as holders of Israeli ID cards they are entitled to many rights and privileges that Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza Strip don't enjoy. They include freedom of movement and social, economic, health and education services that Israeli citizens are entitled to.

Seems to me that even your own author recognizes that Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza are treated poorly.

I am sure the author is treated well. He writes for an Israeli propaganda site.

This board is regularly spattered with posts about the abuse Israel heaps on her non-Jewish citizens. Invariably their arguments are destroyed by more knowledgeable people but the article below was authored by a self-described "Arab-Muslim-Palestinian" citizen of Israel.
Should we believe the venonmous camel crap of those who spew their hate for Israel and Jews here or Mr. Toameh? The choice is yours. :D

Ask the Arabs of East Jerusalem: Should Jerusalem Be Redivided? :: Gatestone Institute

by Khaled Abu Toameh

"...In addition, the negotiators must concede the possibility of asking the Arab residents of the city about their preferences. There is no reason why more than 200,000 Arabs in Jerusalem should be denied the right to voice their opinion on a matter that has a direct affect on their lives and future.

This can be done through a referendum where the Arab residents would be asked if they would like to live in a divided city under the rule of the Palestinian Authority or Hamas. Most likely, a majority of the Arab residents would say that they prefer the status quo to the other options.

Redividing Jerusalem means bringing either the Palestinian Authority of Hamas into the city. The Arab residents of Jerusalem have seen what happened in the West Bank and Gaza Strip over the past 16 years and are not keen to live under a corrupt authority or a radical Islamist entity..."

I posted links during the past 48 hours where Bibi says Jerusalem belongs to Israel. It won't be divided so what is the issue?

Tinnie highlights a very interesting point-----It CAN BE ASSUMED THAT THE REASON ANYONE WRITES ANYTHING ---pro-israel-----is because Israel "treats him well"
-------but if a jew writes something that can be construed as either "anti israel"---or "pro-palestinian"---------it is an ABSOLUTE TRUTH and has nothing to do with being "treated well" by anyone

and interesting factoid-------A large portion of Jimmy Carter's family are PAID EXECUTIVES in a corporation ---that was funded and founded by a SAUDI PRINCE-----one known for his ISLAMIST activities

Indeed they are and Toameh recognizes that the difference is the governance ... Israeli rule vs. that of either the PA or Hamas. Despite the lies to the contrary, Israel's Arab residents enjoy the "freedom of movement and social, economic, health and education services that Israeli citizens are entitled to" and, according to Toameh, would rather remain Israelis. :D

Was the question: Would you rather live in Israel or live in Palestine under Israeli occupation?

Not at all.
Toameh's point was clear but I can understand why you must try to avoid the question it raised.
"Redividing Jerusalem means bringing either the Palestinian Authority of Hamas into the city. The Arab residents of Jerusalem have seen what happened in the West Bank and Gaza Strip over the past 16 years and are not keen to live under a corrupt authority or a radical Islamist entity..." :D

Exactly, Israeli occupation.

Ah yes ... shoot the messenger. Toameh's point (and a point you can't refute) is that because of their treatment most Arab residents of Israel prefer Israeli rule to that of either the PA or Hamas. Would you care to compare Toameh's credentials and accomplishments to your own life? :D
Khaled Abu Toameh (Arabic: خالد أبو طعمة*, born 1963) is an Arab Israeli journalist, lecturer and documentary filmmaker. Abu Toameh is the West Bank and Gaza correspondent for the Jerusalem Post and U.S. News and World Report, and has been the Palestinian affairs producer for NBC News since 1988. His articles have appeared in the Wall Street Journal, World Tribune, Sunday Times, Daily Express and many other newspapers. He was a senior adviser for the Hudson Institute think-tank in New York.

Khaled Abu Toameh was formerly a senior reporter for The Jerusalem Report and a correspondent for Al-Fajr, which he describes as a mouthpiece for the PLO.[5] He has produced several documentaries on the Palestinians for the BBC, Channel 4, Australian, Danish and Swedish television, including ones that exposed the connection between Yasser Arafat and payments to the armed wing of Fatah, as well as the financial corruption within the Palestinian Authority.[5] He was the first journalist to report about the sex scandal that rocked the Palestinian Authority in early 2010 and which led to the dismissal of Rafiq Husseini, chief of staff to Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas. The scandal was revealed by former Palestinian intelligence official Fahmi Shabaneh in an exclusive interview with Abu Toameh in The Jerusalem Post.[7]

Abu Toameh writes for the Hudson Institute,[1] and has served as a lecturer with the University of Minnesota - School of Journalism and Mass Communication.[8] He has also lectured at the London School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS),[9] as well as the London-based think tank Chatham House.[10]

Abu Toameh was a keynote speaker at the 2009 annual conference of the Canadian Association of Journalists in Vancouver.[11] He has spoken at the House of Commons of the United Kingdom by invitation.[12]

At university campuses throughout the U.S. and Canada, he has spoken on the situation in the West Bank and Gaza Strip and prospects for peace in the Middle East.[6][13] He was listed as part of the speakers bureau for the Hasbara Fellowships, who have brought him to more than a dozen talks at various university campuses.[14][15] A series of his talks have also been sponsored by StandWithUs,[16][17] and he spoke at their annual conference in Los Angeles in 2008.[18]

In August 2011 Abu Toameh was invited to speak at a seminar organized by The Australian Human Rights Center on human rights challenges in the Palestinian territories.

He has also been invited to speak at the prestigious Sydney Institute in Australia on the challenge of Palestinian state-building.

Khaled Abu Toameh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Indeed they are and Toameh recognizes that the difference is the governance ... Israeli rule vs. that of either the PA or Hamas. Despite the lies to the contrary, Israel's Arab residents enjoy the "freedom of movement and social, economic, health and education services that Israeli citizens are entitled to" and, according to Toameh, would rather remain Israelis. :D

There is one question that completely destroys the above argument. Which government issues the ID cards that confer the privledges.

Last edited:

Not at all.

Camel crap. "The Arab residents of Jerusalem have seen what happened in the West Bank and Gaza Strip over the past 16 years and are not keen to live under a corrupt authority or a radical Islamist entity." :D

There is one question that completely destroys the above argument. Which government issues the ID cards that confer the privledges.

The gov't, according to Toameh, which the majority of Arab residents of Israel prefer to live under. :D

I posted links during the past 48 hours where Bibi says Jerusalem belongs to Israel. It won't be divided so what is the issue?

The issue, despite all the lame deflections, is the treatment of Israeli Arabs by Israel. :D

Not at all.

Camel crap. "The Arab residents of Jerusalem have seen what happened in the West Bank and Gaza Strip over the past 16 years and are not keen to live under a corrupt authority or a radical Islamist entity." :D

are not keen to live under a corrupt authority or a radical Islamist entity.

Everything you "know" about them you got from the liars in Israel.

I got my best information about Gaza-----from Gazans-----oh TINNIE THE LIAR
to which "liars" in Israel do you refer? I know lots of Israelis-----but we never
discussed the government of Gaza or its workings

I think part of the problem is that none of you have actually ever been to Israel. When my grandmother was in a hospital in Haifa, there were many Arab doctors and nurses, as well as Arab patients who were treated no differently than the Jewish patients.
There is no doubt that if the West Bank were fully independent, it would quickly turn into the same kind of shithole that the other 21 Arab nations are. But to be fair in this debate, Area C in the West Bank is still under Israeli control.

As opposed to "learning" them from you? :lol::lol::lol:
The line you quote is from a resident of Jerusalem, Princess, and his point is that Arab residents of Israel prefer Israeli rule to that of either the PA or Hamas. Deal with it. :D

Forum List

Back