Why would anyone

I have gotten in so much trouble from people who tell me they sent me a PM and I never answered it.

Last edited:
who insists you are a racist or homophobe when you disagree with her, who constantly puts words in your mouth and thoughts in your heart and who runs off in a huff when bested in debate, sends you a friend request?
I have tried to remain civil to this poster, inquired into her, and shared my own spiritual beliefs. I have offered advice when she was depressed.
Repeated attempts to deal with her have constantly been met with hostility or avoidance to where I don't care or even attempt to be civil any longer.
Now, today I receive a friend request after a particularly contentious exchange.
I have to question her motives and expressed that in an as yet, unanswered PM. I have asked her to check her PM's in at least 2 threads she has been active in.
What do you all think?

we have discussed this...over and over again. Challenging ideas, disagreeing, differences of opinion does not mean you don't like the other person. Public threads are public....and as such open for comment....

The important thing though, is that you can still like and be friends with the very people you disagree with and cause you the most angst.

There's a big difference between disagreeing and debating an issue with someone and what Ernie describes as his experience with this poster. I can be friends with someone I simply disagree with, but not with someone who behaves in the manner he describes.

Having said that, the person he should be asking is not any us, but the one who extended the request of friendship and in PM, not on the boards...this is just drama and unnecessarily calling out and embarrassing someone.

I addressed this in a private message last night and repeatedly asked in threads she was active in today, that she check her messages. Now she denies receiving it. I suppose that is remotely possible, but it has been explained to me that she rarely does answer PM's
She is now in possession of a copy of the PM she claims she didn't get and I have accepted her request.
Apparently, the drama was necessary and the thread has served it's purpose.

we have discussed this...over and over again. Challenging ideas, disagreeing, differences of opinion does not mean you don't like the other person. Public threads are public....and as such open for comment....

The important thing though, is that you can still like and be friends with the very people you disagree with and cause you the most angst.

There's a big difference between disagreeing and debating an issue with someone and what Ernie describes as his experience with this poster. I can be friends with someone I simply disagree with, but not with someone who behaves in the manner he describes.

Having said that, the person he should be asking is not any us, but the one who extended the request of friendship and in PM, not on the boards...this is just drama and unnecessarily calling out and embarrassing someone.

I addressed this in a private message last night and repeatedly asked in threads she was active in today, that she check her messages. Now she denies receiving it. I suppose that is remotely possible, but it has been explained to me that she rarely does answer PM's
She is now in possession of a copy of the PM she claims she didn't get and I have accepted her request.

You are taking someone elses gossip as gospel. I answer ALL PM's. As long as you are going to take someone elses word over my own, we will have some challenges to our friendship, Ernie.

These kinds of things are supposed to be private.

Hey I swear it's not Sky. I would never start a thread about her. She really hates when anyone but she, does that.
I'm talking about the other lesbian ex Buddhist psychologist at a completely different message board.

I prefer to handle private matters privately, not on threads.

Hey I swear it's not Sky. I would never start a thread about her. She really hates when anyone but she, does that.
I'm talking about the other lesbian ex Buddhist psychologist at a completely different message board.

I prefer to handle private matters privately, not on threads.

As do I. You had nearly 20 hours to answer a private message and our business would have remained private

By the way. If I had a pending friends request in my inbox, from, hypothetically, that "other lesbian ex Buddhist psychologist at a completely different message board," and the request came at the end of a day of somewhat contentious discussion on a particular thread, not that such a thing could ever happen, I might be a bit confused about the timing of that request, too.

You are taking someone elses gossip as gospel. I answer ALL PM's. As long as you are going to take someone elses word over my own, we will have some challenges to our friendship, Ernie.

These kinds of things are supposed to be private.

I believe what I was told that you don't answer PM's if they challenge you at all. As I said, I would have preferred to handle it privately.

There should be challenges in a friendship, Sky. What good are friends that never force you to think? I'm confident that we will.

New Topics

Forum List

Back