Why would ANYONE want to risk a 1 million barrel oil spill?

Wow. Wasn't expecting a response like that from you. I in fact support drilling for resources, but your thread was leaving out one critical problem with it. There's a difference between drilling properly and drilling irresponsibly. Obama is indeed being careless (or purposefully careless) in not drilling where we have the most oil. I am a staunch Conservative, but I have a certain respect for our environment that most do not. I want people to be able to get cheap gas, but not for want of allowing careless oil companies such as BP to drill in deep water like that without proper regulatory and safety standards.

Oh,. and I do support the construction of the Keystone XL pipeline.

However, if you call me a dumbfuck again, I will be more than happy to make you feel like one.

I'm on your side dude.

Then at least be smart enough to counter these idiots who don't seem to know that 1 million barrels traveling on the open seas for one mile has a greater chance
of an accident with a larger amount of damage then 710 barrels in one mile of pipeline!
I am just flabbergasted that even common sense people like you still haven't admitted that!

It's like Obamacare counting 46 million 'uninsured" when 10 million are not citizens, 14 million ARE cOVERED by Medicaid and 18 million don't want, don't need
make over $50k and pay their expenses out of their own pocket.. YET Obama and other idiots count them!
And this tendency by even conservatives NOT to jump the hell all over STUPID idiotic objections like against the pipeline based on the above and Obamacare
based on the fact there are ONLY 4 million that truly want and need.. THIS doesn't help counter the MSM bias that keeps pumping these bogus stories!
Same as with gun bans..! over last 31 years 62 incidences with 8 people per year shot .. yet what gets the headlines when 1.5 million babies are killed each year?
Come on conservatives fight back with common sense.. 1 million barrels is bigger then 710 barrels!
There are ONLY 4 million people that are uninsured.. not 46 million and 1.5 million babies killed versus 8 deaths per year per shooter.. BUT which facts are getting out to the public via the biased MSM???

Deal, so long as you refrain from making unfounded assumptions about my political affiliation. Any such assumption will result in a negative rep. And what exactly have I not admitted to? I just pointed out that nobody remembers that little disaster in the Gulf that was fudged over by the Obama administration. If I may ask, where do you get your 4 million uninsured figure from? Do you mind linking me to that?

Love to show the REAL facts about the 4 million uninsured visit these sites I source...
First read what Obamacare's architect Rockefeller said: It's 'beyond comprehension'
Decrying the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act as way too complex, he warned the acting Medicare director that Obamacare is "so complicated and if it isn't done right the first time, it will just simply get worse." "I believe that the Affordable Care Act is probably the most complex piece of legislation ever passed by the United States Congress. Tax reform obviously has been huge too, but up to this point it is just beyond comprehension," said Rockefeller.
Obamacare architect Rockefeller: It's 'beyond comprehension' | WashingtonExaminer.com

And even Rockefeller as a simple MATH expert like me has to come to this conclusion: There were never 46 million "uninsured that wanted to be insured"!

If these people that are RUNNING Obamacare can't even do simple math, my god how screwed up will 13,000 pages so far of rules and regulations become?

MY simple math said that Obama was totally out of touch with reality when ON August 21, 2009 Obama said:
"We are not a nation that accepts nearly 46 million uninsured men, women and children,"
46 Million Uninsured: A Look Behind The Number : NPR

GIVEN: The Census bureau says 10 million of the 46 million "uninsured' are not citizens…
leaving 36 million… NOT 46 million! 10 million are NOT CITIZENS yet Obama counts them as "uninsured"! BOGUS!
Source: Income, Poverty and Health Insurance Coverage in the United States: 2009 - Income & Wealth - Newsroom - U.S. Census Bureau

GIVEN: 14 million are eligible for Medicaid..but they are counted as "uninsured"…. leaving 22 million…
Source: http://coverageforall.org/pdf/BC-BS_Uninsured-America.pdf
Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association contracted with the Actuarial Research Corporation (ARC) to provide a detailed analysis of the uninsured identified by the Census Bureau, which found:
- Of the 44.7 million non-elderly uninsured individuals identified in the 2004 Census Current Population Survey (CPS) data,
nearly one-third — almost 14 million — were reachable through existing government
health programs such as Medicaid and the State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) under current rules.
REACHABLE meaning all these people had to do was enroll! NO money. NO risks! Just enroll!
14 million already eligible only need to register with MEDICAID! So now why is there 22 million still counted??

So far we've reduced the 46 million by 10 million NON-Citizens, 14 million that simply had to enroll as they were covered by Medicaid!

That leaves 22 million!

The last time I checked as an American I had the right to buy health insurance if I wanted to! That is MY RIGHT!
18 million people declaring that right that are under age 34, making over $50,000 a year decided it is cheaper just to pay out of pocket their
health needs then take up their employers' health plan.
Folks.. these are people who don't like to be called "free-loaders"! Their credit rating depends on their paying their bills so they are not the ones thatare the cause for hospitals absorbing the costs!
Source: CRISIS OF THE UNINSURED: 2009

When you subtract 18 million from 22 million that leaves 4 MILLION that truly want and need health insurance! NOT 46 million!

So Rockefeller et.al NOW finding out how totally stupid this effort to what insure 4 million people could have been done simply by taxing the $200 billion lawyers earn 10% and use that to pay the premiums for the 4 million!
By reducing the 10% tax in relation to the decline of the $850 billion in defensive medicine that according to these ExpERTS!!

1,231 physicians...(90%) Ninety percent of physicians surveyed said:
In a recent Gallup survey, physicians attributed 34 percent of overall healthcare costs to defensive medicine and 21 percent of their practice to be defensive in nature. Specifically, they estimated that 35 percent of diagnostic tests, 29 percent of lab tests, 19 percent of hospitalizations, 14 percent of prescriptions, and 8 percent of surgeries were performed to avoid lawsuits.

Liability reform has been estimated to result in anywhere from a 5 percent to a 34 percent reduction in medical expenditures by reducing defensive medicine practices, with estimates of savings from $54 billion to $650 billion.
The costs of defensive medicine

Last edited:

Forum List

Back