Why would anyone want Jimmy Carter's opinion on Iran?

was the hostage crisis and botched foreign policy of his admin not bad enough?

asking for his opinion on Iran is like giving Bernie Madoff your 2009 401k contribution

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ8OjAB_e3g]YouTube - Sesame Street Explains the Madoff Scandal[/ame]

:lol:

I just wonder how anyone that lived through the Carter administration can look at the way Obama has been conducting himself thus far and not be feeling a horrible deja vu.

asking for his opinion on Iran is like giving Bernie Madoff your 2009 401k contribution

The reason is this......if you do the exact opposite of what he says...you're pretty much guaranteed a win.

The reason is this......if you do the exact opposite of what he says...you're pretty much guaranteed a win.

That's about the only reason... Carter was, hands down, the worst President in modern history... and his worst aspect being foreign policy

Jimmie is that rare thing in politics, an intelligent, moral man. One of the greatest ironies of American society is while we pretend to be moral, just, and Christian, our only moral president was castigated for telling the truth. Michael Moore begins "Capitalism" with Carter giving a talk few understand, yet all want their children and their peers to follow. Of course Moore quickly switches to Reagan who like our TV society is pure myth. The contrast is fascinating.

I once saw a piece on the truths of the hostage situation and Carter's meeting with them. It demonstrated the honesty and sincerity of the man. A rare thing.

"....there's a growing realization that the starting point for many of the catastrophes confronting the United States today can be traced to Reagan's presidency. There's also a grudging reassessment that the "failed"- presidents of the 1970s--Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter--may deserve more credit for trying to grapple with the problems that now beset the country."

OpEdNews - Article: Ronald Reagan: Worst President Ever?

Jimmie is that rare thing in politics, an intelligent, moral man. One of the greatest ironies of American society is while we pretend to be moral, just, and Christian, our only moral president was castigated for telling the truth. Michael Moore begins "Capitalism" with Carter giving a talk few understand, yet all want their children and their peers to follow. Of course Moore quickly switches to Reagan who like our TV society is pure myth. The contrast is fascinating.

I once saw a piece on the truths of the hostage situation and Carter's meeting with them. It demonstrated the honesty and sincerity of the man. A rare thing.

"....there's a growing realization that the starting point for many of the catastrophes confronting the United States today can be traced to Reagan's presidency. There's also a grudging reassessment that the "failed"- presidents of the 1970s--Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter--may deserve more credit for trying to grapple with the problems that now beset the country."

OpEdNews - Article: Ronald Reagan: Worst President Ever?

Yet, Carter sucked a foreign policy.

Carter did everything he could to undermine US influence in the Middle East so in many keys ways it's only natural for Obama to let Carter speak for the USA.

Think of it: it wasn't for Jimmy Carter, Radical Islamists would still be looking for a state sponsor. Jimmy Carter was a gift from Allah

Last edited:
Carter did everything he could to undermine US influence int eh Middle East so in many keys ways it's only natural for Obama to let Carter speak for the USA.

Think of it: it wasn't for Jimmy Carter, Radical Islamists would still be looking for a state sponsor. Jimmy Carter was a gift from Allah
But, but...Carter tried [read in whiney tone]. ;)

No 'A' for effort in the Presidency, in my book. In others', who apologize for the inexcusable, it seems to exist.

Wasn't it Carter that was so brilliant at foreign policy with Iran that it took a group of Canadians to rescue the 6 US diplomats Iran was holding hostage on his watch?

Well he is unarguably one of the top 3 worst Presidents in US history!

Why would anyone want Jimmy Carter's opinion on Iran?

I dunno, why would anyone want Dick Cheney's or Newt Gingrich's opinion on anything?
Off topic, but thanks anyway.

Actually, I think it's kinda related. If the objection here is Jimmy Carter being asked by our so-called Liberal Media™ what his thoughts are on a particular subject - even if it's one he didn't have a good experience with himself when he was in office - then I think it's fair to ask why the opinions of prominent Republicans who are now out of office should be sought after. And both the guys I mentioned had a lot of airtime earlier this year to give their views on a variety of topics concerning the present administration even though their own records haven't been entirely stellar.

This is what our mainstream media does and if they're gonna ask former GOPer officeholders for their takes on current events (like Mr. Sneer talking about Iraq, for example) then they can ask Carter, too.

As for why anyone should want his opinion on Iran, bad experience or no, he was POTUS when the Shah was overthrown. Maybe he actually learned something in hindsight.

Not that I expect any con on here to care about that anyway....

Jimmy obviously may have better observations than George, who is still too close to his years as president.

Forum List

Back