Why would anyone continue to claim that the Iraq war was a success?

uscitizen

May 6, 2007
My Shack
A trillion or so spent.
Maybe 1/2 million Iraqi dead.
5k or so dead Americans and thousands more maimed for life.
Bombings and such continue there.
Their infrastructure still is far below prewar standards.
6 billion or so US money just plain lost and unaccounted for.
No Useable WMD's found.
Their oil money did not pay for their reconstruction.
And we are not even out of there yet.

Last edited:
Since no conservatives have commented yet, Ill speak on their behalf:

"Because God would want us to kill them because we are a Christian nation"

the only one that can actually be refuted is the last one. We won't be out of Iraq so to speak for a very long time. We still have soldiers in Germany, Japan, and Korea. As for the others, hey thats conservatism for ya

Ba-jillions spent, defense contractors and "Family friends" made wealthy... Check.

People scared into letting Dumbya do whatever he wanted for 7 years... Check.

Lots of 3rd world brown people killed... Check.

Country deep in debt, record deficits, excuse to attack New Deal era programs... Check.

How exactly do you think connies define "success?"

Last edited:
i'm a conservative. i thought it was a bad idea 10 years ago, and it hasn't gotten better with age.

the single worst foreign policy move in the history of the united states.

i'm a conservative. i thought it was a bad idea 10 years ago, and it hasn't gotten better with age.

the single worst foreign policy move in the history of the united states.

Yep a preemptive invasion policy is NOT what America is supposed to be about.

I was floored when I realized we were actually going to invade.
I was always against the Iraq war.

Last edited:

the only one that can actually be refuted is the last one. We won't be out of Iraq so to speak for a very long time. We still have soldiers in Germany, Japan, and Korea. As for the others, hey thats conservatism for ya

Typical fucking lefty, thinking that all conservatives think alike, just because the left give up free thought for their borg-like behavior.

You people (and by 'you people' I mean fucking morons) are an embarrassment to the country.

Typical fucking lefty, thinking that all conservatives think alike, just because the left give up free thought for their borg-like behavior.

You people (and by 'you people' I mean fucking morons) are an embarrassment to the country.

your unintended irony is dripping all over the other posts.

please clean up after yourself.

thanks

your unintended irony is dripping all over the other posts.

please clean up after yourself.

thanks

Tissue?

Its called a stereotype. Its all in good nature, and I'm sure you never ever make generalizations about the left. I also acknowledge del for having a lick of sense and being an honest conservative.

Nice dancing act there, you did not deny anything :D

Its the age old battle between logic and personal insult. California girl, sided with the latter.

Why would I deny his bullshit? He does not speak on behalf of anyone - even a fucking moronic leftist should get that fact. Are you paid to be this dumb?

Its the age old battle between logic and personal insult. California girl, sided with the latter.

Do I speak on behalf of you? No. That would be moronic. Cap fits, you wear it. It's not my fault that you're an idiot.

Typical fucking righty, thinking that all liberals think alike, just because the right give up free thought for their borg-like behavior.

:eusa_whistle:

A trillion or so spent.
Maybe 1/2 million Iraqi dead.
5k or so dead Americans and thousands more maimed for life.
Bombings and such continue there.
Their infrastructure still is far below prewar standards.
6 billion or so US money just plain lost and unaccounted for.
No Useable WMD's found.
Their oil money did not pay for their reconstruction.
And we are not even out of there yet.

I think showing ourselves as tyrants and lowering the bar in combat is the most disturbing part of this war. Few might remember, but Desert Storm ended, Saddam released his POWs. We don't even raise to his level in our treachery.

Forum List

Back