Why would anybody donate this?

Againsheila

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2008
Federal Way WA
'I have cancer-want free camp trailer to enjoy the rest of my life (puyallup)"

I have been watching Craigslist for sometime now. My husband has Parkinsons and he wants to retire next year and I've been looking for a small, cheap RV that we might be able to travel in, then I see the above ad today. So my question is, would you automatically give something to the above person? Why or why not?

I think I would be ashamed to post such an ad and I think my husband would be embarrassed.

It's craigslist, pretty much every bottom feeder on earth congregates there asking for a handout or other ridiculous things :tongue:

A bit odd, huh?

I'm sure that sooner or later somebody will cough up a free camper. For every weirdo out there, there is someone a little bit more weird that hasn't surfaced yet.

I don't understand why you have a problem with it. I have a friend dying of pancreatic cancer right now. He is dead broke because of the costs of fighting it for the past year and a half. Now he is terminal and homeless.

He'd rather die in a home than in a hospital or hospice, so another friend of mine has taken him in so he can die in relatively human surroundings.

My guess is this guy with cancer would rather die in an old camper than a hospital. I totally get that.

And by the way, when I ran a charity, someone donated a manufactured home to a woman with breast cancer whose previous home had burned to the ground.

So it does happen more often than you think.

I have been watching Craigslist for sometime now. My husband has Parkinsons and he wants to retire next year and I've been looking for a small, cheap RV that we might be able to travel in, then I see the above ad today. So my question is, would you automatically give something to the above person? Why or why not?

I think I would be ashamed to post such an ad and I think my husband would be embarrassed.

Can I rep your husband?

And by the way, when I ran a charity, someone donated a manufactured home to a woman with breast cancer whose previous home had burned to the ground.

So it does happen more often than you think.

When I had breast cancer, I got a call from Breast Cancer Research. They wanted a donation. I asked them what they did for cancer patients, when they got to the part where they provide transportation to and from radiation therapy my ears perked up. I was at that point and I was exhausted. I said I sure could use some help, even offered to pay for gas. Immediately she said that they'd call us next year for a donation. Great help they were. Thank the Lord for my friends and family and even then there were times when I ended up driving myself when I probably shouldn't have. Fortunately the hospital isn't that far from here.

I have no doubt someone will donate to the beggar, my question is, is he lying or telling the truth?

I don't understand why you have a problem with it. I have a friend dying of pancreatic cancer right now. He is dead broke because of the costs of fighting it for the past year and a half. Now he is terminal and homeless.

He'd rather die in a home than in a hospital or hospice, so another friend of mine has taken him in so he can die in relatively human surroundings.

My guess is this guy with cancer would rather die in an old camper than a hospital. I totally get that.

I get it too, I just don't believe him.

I get it too, I just don't believe him.

I always did due dilegence before we helped someone. For instance, when a man claimed he was stabbed in the head by neo-nazis for having Indian blood, I tracked down the police involved in the case, and the paramedics who treated and transported him. The story turned out to be completely true!

What is the worst anyone will tell you...... no.

What is the best thing someone will tell you..... yes.

Hey, we use Craig's List all the time. It is True Free Market at it's best and it's worst. There are Great finds on it.

Hey, we use Craig's List all the time. It is True Free Market at it's best and it's worst. There are Great finds on it.

Ive never looked into it..... so its hard for me to say. :)

and it is in the why or why not that I may learn something.

I don't have cancer but sure could use a free camper trailer.
I can afford to buy one, but free is always better.
Should I feel selfish?

Only if you put up an add asking for a free camper trailer because you have cancer, or whatever disease you decide to make up.

I have impecuniitis, therefore, someone should donate an RV to me. (BTW, impecunious is a real word, it means consistently without funds.)

New Topics

Forum List

Back