Why would a God even need a hell?

Repentance is- necessary for forgives. The Apostle Paul did not repent, he was forced to do Gods will. He was not givin a choice.

Repentance is not necessary for forgiveness, Paul and Moses did not repent, they were just told what to do. They had no choice. Jesus. never repented.. Jesus nad no free will choices. He came to do Gods will, not his own.
On the contrary, Paul DID repent. Remember when he faced the glorified Christ, who asked him why did Saul persecute Him. In order to become what Christ wanted him to be, Saul had to stop doing what he was doing because it was wrong. That is repentance. Moses faced consequences for his sin, as he was forbidden to enter the promised land. Jesus didn't have to repent, because He was sinless. He did what the Father wanted because He chose to do so. How well do you really know the Scriptures if you continue to ignore their entire thrust, which is that man has sinned and needs to repent? Again, deal with the White Throne Judgement.

Paul did not repent, Notice what really happened in Acts 9:1-6 Paul was going about killing Christians and threatening those he did not kill. He was traveling and as he neared Damascus, a bright light from heaven knocked him down. It also blinded him. All Jesus did was ask Paul why is he persecuting him? Paul was scared to death, and asked Jesus what will he have him to do, and Jesus simply told him what to do; and he has been telling him what to do ever since. Paul did not repent, he did not fight, he did not argue, he simply did what all others that God and Christ speak to does; he did like he was told; he was given absolutely no choices.

That is what REALLY happens when God communicates with humans, they do as they are told; angels do as they are told, demons do as they are told; There are no choices with God; you either do what you are told, or you risk never doing anything ever again;

Welcome to reality; hello!
You said, "you risk never doing anything ever again". That should give you pause, because it contradicts your ever so certain claim that all will be saved, no matter what.

Deal with the White Throne Judgement. The more you ignore it, the more certain I will be that you have no intention of honoring Scripture, but only want that which agrees with you.

I think a person can be saved, and given nothing to do in the Kingdom; they just have to go outside of the gates and hope to be involved there. I did not say God would kill them.

As far as the Great White Throne Judgment, God will not judge humans there. In John 5:22 Jesus said the Father will judge no human, but GAVE ALL judgment to him. In John 17:2 Jesus also taught that the Father GAVE him power over ALL humans, to literally GIVE them ALL eternal life. Unlike Christians, Jesus will GIVE ALL humans that free eternal life, without cost.

Deal with that, and see if you can still condemn a human after reading this stunning truth.
I'm sorry, but you simply cannot come to that conclusion after actually reading this:

11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

I do not condemn anyone. It is the Word of God that makes it clear all will be judged, and some will be condemned. It is not my job to condemn, but rather to warn and show the way out. No one need be condemned, but many will be. Remember this that Jesus HIMSELF said -

Luke 13:
23 Someone asked him, “Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?”

He said to them, 24 “Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. 25 Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, ‘Sir, open the door for us.’

“But he will answer, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from.’

It doesn't get any clearer than that.

With all of that in mind I would think it should be of utmost importance for anyone who takes the subject seriously to learn about what specifically sin is. Jesus claimed to never sin even though the Pharisees accused Jesus of being a well known and shameless sinner. Jesus accused the Pharisees of being sinners and lying frauds even though they were famous for their acts of charity and for adhering to a strict literal interpretation of divine law. Is it any wonder why Jesus appeared to be out of his mind?

Obviously Jesus had found another way to interpret and conform to divine law, hidden and buried through figurative language since the time of Moses, that has nothing whatever to do with what you eat or what you wear or who has what kind of sex with whom.

Find that way, and do it, and you will enter by the narrow gate that leads to eternal life.

If you look and look and keep on looking, you will find it.

"The kingdom of heaven is like hidden treasure lying buried in a field. The man who found it, buried it again." Matthew 13:44

Last edited:
The last verse in the bible is universal, " The Grace of our Lord Jesus be with you ALL." I know Christians are conditioning this world to not believe in " All"; but the happy truth is that we ALL make it in the end.

Notice how the bible uses the term " All."

Do You Believe All in the Bible?

The last verse in the bible is universal, " The Grace of our Lord Jesus be with you ALL." I know Christians are conditioning this world to not believe in " All"; but the happy truth is that we ALL make it in the end.

And that book opens with what statement?

The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place.

Are you trying to claim that "His servants" are all of humanity, from first to last?

The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place.

Are you trying to claim that "His servants" are all of humanity, from first to last?

Well I know that some of you Christians are trying to limit salvation, and limit the family of God; I understand that mission, its your thing.

My thing is this, to fight against that. We all are the children of God. Psalms 24:1, " The earth is the Lords and the fullness thereof, the world and they that dwell in it."

Well I know that some of you Christians are trying to limit salvation, and limit the family of God; I understand that mission, its your thing.

My thing is this, to fight against that. We all are the children of God. Psalms 24:1, " The earth is the Lords and the fullness thereof, the world and they that dwell in it."
You continue to ignore Scripture that I lay in front of you, including quotes from Jesus Himself where He makes it abundantly clear that not everyone will be saved. I am not limiting salvation. Your complaint is with God, not me.

There is no hell you create it for yourself by your choices and most people place themselves in it and only realize it by the regrets they have when their time is coming to an end....

It is not about Limiting God's power or salvation. It is ultimately about choice. God wants those who what Him. Those who go to Hell want nothing to do with the One true God. They either concoct their own or deny He exists. Anywhere God doesn't interact is hell, as this undeniably totally places man in charge of his own fate. And man is powerless without God to do anything.

The other fact is that those that go to Heaven will one day have no memories of their past. There may hot even be any recollections that this planet even existed. In contrast, those that end up in hell will have nothing but their memories ---- coulda, woulda, shoulda... If only! That would be a terrible worm to live with eternally. I imagine that the person who commits suicide ultimately has to live with himself forever. That would be an unquenchable fire indeed...

It is not about Limiting God's power or salvation. It is ultimately about choice. God wants those who what Him. Those who go to Hell want nothing to do with the One true God. They either concoct their own or deny He exists. Anywhere God doesn't interact is hell, as this undeniably totally places man in charge of his own fate. And man is powerless without God to do anything.

The other fact is that those that go to Heaven will one day have no memories of their past. There may hot even be any recollections that this planet even existed. In contrast, those that end up in hell will have nothing but their memories ---- coulda, woulda, shoulda... If only! That would be a terrible worm to live with eternally. I imagine that the person who commits suicide ultimately has to live with himself forever. That would be an unquenchable fire indeed...

I think God wants everybody.

We were created to live and we can freely have that life. The real hell, the grave, will be eliminated and death will be destroyed; the death of this first death, will be the death of death; the second death is the death of the first death.

I think God wants everybody.
He does, but He won't force you if you don't want Him. If you want to be without Him for eternity, you can get exactly that.

I have asked myself why a God would need a hell,......

God doesn't. People make hell through their choices.
Hell was not originally designed for people. It was designed for the fallen angels. People will put themselves there. It's sad, really, when they don't have to.

Hell was not designed by God for anybody. Hell is not a place of punishment during life or after death. Hell is not a place. Hell is about cause and effect. It is a state of mind consequent to disorder and confusion.

If you fail to stand guard over the purity of your own mind and instead indiscriminately fill it with irrational garbage it will defile and contaminate your consciousness, impair your ability to think and perceive accurately, and you will degenerate into an irrational creature that is bound by confusion to say and do stupid things that injure yourself and the people that you love.

Last edited:
I have asked myself why a God would need a hell, ( and by hell I mean the Christian version of it). I mean here this great being of life and love , is said to have created a place of eternal misery? And something is just not right with that, because it makes no sense at all. But a lot of things in religion make no sense, but religion rains on humanity, getting all of our consciousness wet in one manner or another.

My view of God, and I don't know God, have never seen him or heard his voice; is a view that I know is already distorted by many things; but I view him as merciful, loving, kind, forgiving, longsuffering, all the things that this Christian hell is not. So I don't think this hell is God's creation, I think the Christians created it. I think this eternal hell punishing is what Christians would do with unbelievers, not God. I think its moreso what the Christians want.

Why would God make an eternal monument out of evil? For what? Why would such a being of great power of change, co-exist with misery forever? Why? I can't see it. I think something is seriously wrong with this myopic view of hell! The powers that exist which can seduce the consciousness of humanity into believing nonsense, is simply stunning.

This God that created hundreds of rules, and if you break one He gets to send you to hell, does not exist.

Spirits are eternal. God is eternal, Satan is eternal, we are eternal. Note in the Bible, that Satan is never killed. He will be chained, and eventually dispatched to an area where he can no longer effect us, but never dies.
There are spirits so evil that if God didn't currently have them chained in the lowest abyss of hell, would utterly destroy mankind. Hell was created specifically for Satan, fallen angels and demons. NOT us.
And to insure that we don't end up there, God took human form and paid the price of sin for every single one of us, to secure our place with Him for eternity.
If you accept the gift that was given to us by God, through Jesus, your future as child of the All Mighty and co-heir with Christ is bright.
The only humans that will accompany Satan to his destination are those who follow their father, Satan, and quite possibly, those who reject the offer to have their sins wiped from them. God makes the offer available, but doesn't force it upon any of us. So, you can blame Him. He created the gateway, but taking that road is strictly up to us. The cross makes it possible to enter Heaven, not on your record, but on Christ's. That was the exchange that took place. Those who spurn the offer and chose to die wrapped in their sin will be summons to court to plead their case at the White Throne Judgment. Good Luck there.

As for rules, there are none that can condemn you. Not 10, not 600. Up until the Exodus man was in a constant state of forgiveness. During the exodus Jews were under a constant state of forgiveness, until...
The Laws were given to that select group because they bragged that they could keep from sinning no matter what God put in their path. So God called them on it. But loving God that He is, immediately gave them the ability to cover their sins to keep them from an eternal death.
Then sent Christ to rid them and us from our sins once and for all. God doesn't even remember the sins that were removed on that cross anymore.
Accept their gift and all God sees when He looks at you is the righteousness of His Son covering you. Christ enabled us to return to the state of grace that we started out in. It is favor that we don't deserve, but get anyway. Because He loves us.

Last edited:
I have asked myself why a God would need a hell, ( and by hell I mean the Christian version of it). I mean here this great being of life and love , is said to have created a place of eternal misery? And something is just not right with that, because it makes no sense at all. But a lot of things in religion make no sense, but religion rains on humanity, getting all of our consciousness wet in one manner or another.

My view of God, and I don't know God, have never seen him or heard his voice; is a view that I know is already distorted by many things; but I view him as merciful, loving, kind, forgiving, longsuffering, all the things that this Christian hell is not. So I don't think this hell is God's creation, I think the Christians created it. I think this eternal hell punishing is what Christians would do with unbelievers, not God. I think its moreso what the Christians want.

Why would God make an eternal monument out of evil? For what? Why would such a being of great power of change, co-exist with misery forever? Why? I can't see it. I think something is seriously wrong with this myopic view of hell! The powers that exist which can seduce the consciousness of humanity into believing nonsense, is simply stunning.
If anything it would reward good with heaven and nothing for bad people. Just nothing, not hell.

The Greeks only believed great people went to heaven. So Odysseus Jason achellis the 300 in the movie 300, those great people went to Mt Olympus. The rest of us rode a boat in the river Stix or something like that.

You just know the Greeks speculated about bad people going to hell

Mickiel hell and heaven have many levels and stages .
What leads down the road to hell is unforgiveness.
So it is the negative consequences of unforgiveness so we can learn the difference between the healing powers of forgiveness that lead to heavenly peace.

The purpose of hell is similar to war. We learn it's better not to go there. But each culture experiences this so we learn by trial and error, by experience and reason.

It's like disease that teaches us what causes health to weaken and deteriorate vs. What promotes good health and long life.

Lastly some processes of hell are used to burn away evil in the lake of fire so only what is pure remains. Some of it is like a purging process, like anger and grief are stages of healing and recovery to get to peace.

Mickiel hell and heaven have many levels and stages .
What leads down the road to hell is unforgiveness.
So it is the negative consequences of unforgiveness so we can learn the difference between the healing powers of forgiveness that lead to heavenly peace.

The purpose of hell is similar to war. We learn it's better not to go there. But each culture experiences this so we learn by trial and error, by experience and reason.

It's like disease that teaches us what causes health to weaken and deteriorate vs. What promotes good health and long life.

Lastly some processes of hell are used to burn away evil in the lake of fire so only what is pure remains. Some of it is like a purging process, like anger and grief are stages of healing and recovery to get to peace.

I do personally believe that the "Lake of Fire" is a purging process for humans , I agree with that.

You left out the most important part. YOU have the ability to make a choice to avoid hell.

I am merciful, loving, kind, forgiving and longsuffereing with my children. Does that mean that there isn't a punishment for them if they do wrong and make bad choices?

Forum List

Back