Why won't Wayne LaPierre come to the WH meeting?

• He's a coward.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • He's got more guns to burry in his backyard.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • He's off to Thailand for some sex tourism.

• He can't find Washington D.C. on a map.

• He's a drunk and can't be trusted to stay sober.

• He afraid his friends will call him ******-lover.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • It's a Trap!!

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • He shot himself in the foot cleaning a gun.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He's locked inside his gun safe.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He's a big fucking coward.

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Support for the NRA plummeted after LaPierre gave his looney speech. The NRA may have made a wise decision to lock him in the attic.

...or maybe he's off on holiday with Grover Norquist...

There was a good chance of getting rid of Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV) in 2010 until Wayne LaPierre of the NRA descended on Nevada and endorsed the liberal stalwart. Reid used a lot of tax-payer money to build a state-of-the-art gun range in Nevada, the Clark County Shooting Park. Why did he do it? To buy off the NRA and Second Amendment supporters. It’s not like Reid’s 2010 opponent was anti-Second Amendment.

Read more: The NRA Got Harry Reid Re-Elected

For the same reason I wouldn't if summoned. I would not shake the man's hand.

I'm with you Ernie. I wouldn't stay in the same building with the man or his hideous wife.

Not that I expect them to show up at any Republican functions anytime soon.

There was a good chance of getting rid of Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV) in 2010 until Wayne LaPierre of the NRA descended on Nevada and endorsed the liberal stalwart. Reid used a lot of tax-payer money to build a state-of-the-art gun range in Nevada, the Clark County Shooting Park. Why did he do it? To buy off the NRA and Second Amendment supporters. It’s not like Reid’s 2010 opponent was anti-Second Amendment.

Reid was a sitting duck until the right wingers nominated that radical right wing lunatic Angle to run against him.

Thanks teabaggers! :up:

What I find sooo funny is that the USMB Zombie Squad actually think this President can simply SUMMONS someone and they have to obey..

the answer, to me, is quite simple. He sees these "meetings" as exactly what they are. The WH showing that they care and want to do something about it.
They do not care what the NRA has to say....and I respect that. I disagree with the WH, but I respect the fact that they are well aware that it really doesnt matter what the NRA has to say for they surely arent going to say "we support whatever you decide"....and we all know whatever the WH decides will be based on NOTHING the NRA has to say.

So the real question is....why was the NRA invited to begin with?

Would Biden and Obama say "Oh!!! We didnt realize how important guns are in our society!!!"

It ius nothing more than show...and the NRA is not into playing political games. Their position is well known....and their ideas are inconsequential to the administration.

So why should he go?

[X] None of the above.

The Sandy Hook shooting was a PR nightmare for the NRA and its supporting companies who make survival / assualt weapons. So LaPierre and his top people, along with PR/marketing reps from gun makers who rely on NRA to handle these nightmares, go into emergency meetings, and brainstorm damage control strategies. Once carefully crafted and considered, maybe a week later to let it settle a bit, you go out with the message, and make sure everyone is on the same page, and in a tight box (say this; and only this). Create some confusion, then get the fuck out. Go dark, and let it die a natural death, which it will, when public and news org interest diminishes, as it quickly does.

Saying anything now, would stir the debate, and add life to the PR nightmare. So work behind the scenes, shoring up Congressional opposition to legislation. Money to key committee chairs, and the faithful who the NRA already owns on Capitol Hill. Get freindly news organizations publishing more stories about how control measures are counter-productive, etc.

It's how it's done, in the association management game.

For the same reason I wouldn't if summoned. I would not shake the man's hand.

Alabama.

Nuff said.

Reject. Care to expand on that?

I'm with you, is there something wrong with Alabama? Does hazltwit think he is somehow superior because he lives in Chicago?

As to the topic, I'm pretty sure that crazy LaPierre wasn't even invited to the White House. Lack of an invitation seems like the correct answer to this idiotic poll.

Last edited:

Reid was a sitting duck until the right wingers nominated that radical right wing lunatic Angle to run against him.

Thanks teabaggers! :up:

I lived in Nevada. I lived in rural Nevada that should have been conservative and it was, except for Harry Reid. While I lived there I realized that Harry Reid could not be unseated. Coming close was a near miracle. Reid is simply beloved. There's the Harry Reid food pantry, the Harry Reid urgent care center. The Harry Reid everything. He got billions in pork over the years and poured it into Nevada keeping his seat permanent until he decides otherwise. Reid was FAR from a sitting duck.

We a press release from Wayne LaPierre himself as to why he won't be at the WH meeting....

Its_a_trap.jpg

Hmm. Who will win I wonder? The rebel scum or.........

$Barack-Obama-the-Sith-Lord-----91631.jpg

Talking to Obamaturd is a waste of time; he is only interested in speaking with those who facilitate his agenda - it would be futile! Obama is only interested in lending appearance to bipartisanship.

Forum List

Back