Why Won't They Just Build A Wall To Stop Illegal Immigration???

Big-A-

Mar 2, 2010
It would be a huge job obviously....

But not only would it save us money from keeping illegals out... It would also obviously provide a TON of temp jobs for the project.

I see no reason why this isn't getting done other than people just being lazy and not giving a shit about our country that is going down the drain.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
SHHHHH

That makes too much sense. You can't have politicians do something so simple. It's beneath them.♠

Building a wall to keep them out is as stupid an idea as rounding them up and putting them all on buses to send them back.

I know a few guys that worked on the wall they built east of Nogales. They said that they would build a section, return the next day and part of it would be cut away for scrap. From what I have heard the only sections that have not suffered being cut are the ones near the guard stations I have old friends from childhood that still own a ranch south of Sunsites, and there is no fence on most of the border. I just got back from a week down on the Grapevine training horses. We were joking that since there are places where the border isn't fenced or clearly marked, we crossed it a few times and were wondering what the penalty is for smuggleing livestock (horses)in and out of Mexico.

Building a wall to keep them out is as stupid an idea as rounding them up and putting them all on buses to send them back.

yeah let's just rubber stamp them all as citizens when they cross. Just think of the money we'll save by getting rid if I.C.E.

But not only would it save us money from keeping illegals out... It would also obviously provide a TON of temp jobs for the project.

I see no reason why this isn't getting done other than people just being lazy and not giving a shit about our country that is going down the drain.

What will you do when they start digging tunnels or scaling the wall? There's not enough manpower to guard every mile of the 2000 mile border.

What will you do when they start digging tunnels or scaling the wall? There's not enough manpower to guard every mile of the 2000 mile border.

Dogs, land mines, seismic sensors, use your imagination.

Shit let's pull all our soldiers out of Europe and have them stand post actually defending their own country for a change.

Shit let's pull all our soldiers out of Europe and have them stand post actually defending their own country for a change.

That would be my thought on the matter! Fences are not practical and far too costly to build and maintain.

As for building tunnels underneath - they are already doing a fine job of that - some complete with electricity, finished walls, etc. They end up under manhole covers, etc. in American cities.

Please tell me for your sake that this is somehow an attempted humor reply...

*sigh*

This is the year 2010... The United States Of America doesn't have the power to build a strong enough wall to hold some illegals?

You make the wall wide enough to where it's not possible to get through it....

I really don't understand how some of you people don't think this idea would work.

It would pay for itself by lowering the numbers of illegals in the country in prisons and on the streets as well as the money we've had to spend transporting them back.

NOT TO MENTION all the jobs it would create to build the damn thing.

I see absolutely no reason why this doesn't get done.

You'd need a bubble over the entire country with steel reinforcement walls going far enough down to avoid tunneling and arriving by plane.

Have fun going to the beach, asshole.

You'd need a bubble over the entire country with steel reinforcement walls going far enough down to avoid tunneling and arriving by plane.

Have fun going to the beach, asshole.

Slap a GPS ankle bracelet on them all. When their Visa expires it can administer electric shocks every 5 minutes until the illegal immigrant is deported.

Heh.......then we'd have troops marrying Senioritas instead of Frualines and Korean Hoochie Mammas

*sigh*

This is the year 2010... The United States Of America doesn't have the power to build a strong enough wall to hold some illegals?

I really don't understand how some of you people don't think this idea would work.

It would pay for itself by lowering the numbers of illegals in the country in prisons and on the streets as well as the money we've had to spend transporting them back.

As I mentioned previously, I spend time near the actual border on a regular basis. I don't live that far north of the border. I go to Nogales for medical care and meds on a regular basis.

I have witnessed the fact that the wall that has been built so far is continually subjected to theft. That's right, they come up to the fence with a cutting torch, cut entire sections of it away and cart them to the scrapyard to sell.

I don't dispute the need for a fence, that does help make it tougher for illegal border crossings. However; without manpower to guard the border, as well as the fence, the fence just gets stolen.

Hi Big:

"Why Won't They Just Build A Wall To Stop Illegal Immigration???"

Almost half of the 20 to 30 Million goddamned Illegal Aliens in this country came here 'legally' and simply overstayed their visa. There is no sense in building walls to stop people crossing the border, when 1000 Illegal Aliens use the same Social Security Number and nobody is even looking for them. If the Bush/Clinton/Bush/Obama Administrations would simply 'enforce' the perfectly good Immigration and Employment Laws already on the books, then nobody would 'hire' Illegal Aliens and the Illegals would find their own way back home.

BTW, there is no such thing as 'illegal immigration,' so wake the hell up already. The Immigrants come into the country through the front door, but Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals come here in the middle of the night to steal identities and JOBS from real U.S. Citizens. All Illegal Aliens 'and' their employers are lawbreakers and the Illegal Alien in the White House is NEVER going to enforce the Rule Of Law, just like Bush and Clinton = No Change.

Think about it for one minute: If the Federal Govt 'was' enforcing these very good Immigration and Employment Laws at every place of employment, then we have no need for any fence ...

GL,

Terral

*sigh*

As I mentioned previously, I spend time near the actual border on a regular basis. I don't live that far north of the border. I go to Nogales for medical care and meds on a regular basis.

I have witnessed the fact that the wall that has been built so far is continually subjected to theft. That's right, they come up to the fence with a cutting torch, cut entire sections of it away and cart them to the scrapyard to sell.

I don't dispute the need for a fence, that does help make it tougher for illegal border crossings. However; without manpower to guard the border, as well as the fence, the fence just gets stolen.

And I repeat, have you people ever heard of concrete? Steel? Professional Snipers?

If you build a concrete wall several feet wide, that goes 10+ feet underground, how can you get over that?

And to whoever said they'll still be arriving in planes etc.... Uh what planet do you live on where unknown planes sneak into US airspace?

Lol....

*headscratch*

*sigh*

And I repeat, have you people ever heard of concrete? Steel? Professional Snipers?

If you build a concrete wall several feet wide, that goes 10+ feet underground, how can you get over that?

And to whoever said they'll still be arriving in planes etc.... Uh what planet do you live on where unknown planes sneak into US airspace?

Lol....

*headscratch*

Got any idea how long it would take to build a 2,000 mile wall to the specifications you mention?

Let's be generous and say we could do a mile a month. That's 2,000 months or 167 years.

Nice idea but not very practical.

Why? Because neither Mexico or the USA want to stop illegal crossings. Mexico wants to get rid of their poor; the USA wants cheap labor. Both countries seem to believe in 'slavery'. This way Mexico does not have to bother doing something to change the plight of their poor while the USA gets them to exploit.

New Topics

Forum List

Back