Why won't the Democratic Party just propose repealing the Second Amendment and be done with it?

Why bother. I've read your posts. It's obvious what you use for your source for misinformation.
Fox News? Okay. You believe that. You're not baiting me into saying anything more on that subject. :)

Gun nuts have nothing to do with sanity.
I'm not totally against either gun control or gun ownership. I'm not even suggesting that it would necessarily be a horrible thing if we did get rid of it. It's an artifact of a militia structure we've largely abandoned anyway. I'm just saying that if you're going to push something then you need to be honest and brave enough to state it openly instead of trying to hide your agenda and put it in place piece by piece. If you really want this, then put it before the electorate as an amendment to repeal the one standing in your way. That's not wrong. It's been done successfully before. That's how the system is meant to work. Use it. Don't try to subvert it.

Why not require all citizens to take the same oath and training as law officers and military?

Why not give tax breaks to districts who pre-screen for mental issues and require people found with criminal sickness to undergo therapy in order to reduce their crime rates?

The money saved by prevention, that is no longer wasted on crime and jails/courts after the fact,
can then be invested in schools and health programs to cut costs disease and crime.

Start rewarding districts for reducing crime, and the money saved can pay for education, sustainable health care and other services instead of wasting millions if not billions on criminal issues that aren't being addressed, prevented or corrected.
I've been arguing something like this for a while now. If we're going to have a militia, then we should actually have a militia. If not, then why bother keeping artifacts of an obsolete system?

Last edited:
Why bother. I've read your posts. It's obvious what you use for your source for misinformation.
Fox News? Okay. You believe that. You're not baiting me into saying anything more on that subject. :)

Gun nuts have nothing to do with sanity.
I'm not totally against either gun control or gun ownership. I'm not even suggesting that it would necessarily be a horrible thing if we did get rid of it. It's an artifact of a militia structure we've largely abandoned anyway. I'm just saying that if you're going to push something then you need to be honest and brave enough to state it openly instead of trying to hide your agenda and put it in place piece by piece. If you really want this, then put it before the electorate as an amendment to repeal the one standing in your way. That's not wrong. It's been done successfully before. That's how the system is meant to work. Use it. Don't try to subvert it.

Why not require all citizens to take the same oath and training as law officers and military?

Why not give tax breaks to districts who pre-screen for mental issues and require people found with criminal sickness to undergo therapy in order to reduce their crime rates?

The money saved by prevention, that is no longer wasted on crime and jails/courts after the fact,
can then be invested in schools and health programs to cut costs disease and crime.

Start rewarding districts for reducing crime, and the money saved can pay for education, sustainable health care and other services instead of wasting millions if not billions on criminal issues that aren't being addressed, prevented or corrected.
I've been arguing something like this for a while now. If we're going to have a militia, then we should actually have a militia. If not, then why bother keeping artifacts of an obsolete system?

You are assuming there is a wide spread effort to ban guns. There is not, and it's stupid to think there is. I have guns myself, and intend to keep them, but that doesn't preclude reasonable restrictions. There is an in between, you know.

Forum List

Back