Why wont Pelosi bring the USMCA up for a vote?

Is she afraid of helping Americans? The trade deal could literally fly through the proper channels in days and start having an impact on American lives/businesses.

Are Democrats capable of chewing gum and walking at the same time or is impeachment all they are capable of?
Well, for one, they can't vote on a bill that doesnt exist. You see, Trump, being an utterly ignorant moron, doesn't understand that his administration has not yet sent a formal bill to Congress. Or that his own working group still has meetings scheduled with congressional committees to finalize parts of the pact.

Hope that helps.

Is she afraid of helping Americans? The trade deal could literally fly through the proper channels in days and start having an impact on American lives/businesses.

Are Democrats capable of chewing gum and walking at the same time or is impeachment all they are capable of?
Maybe she thinks that if Mexico treats its workers better, US workers will also get treated better:

Speaker Nancy Pelosi indicated on Tuesday the House will not consider President Donald Trump’s new North American trade pact until after Mexico has passed and implemented its major labor law reforms.

In an interview with POLITICO Playbook, the California Democrat explained that Mexico must pass labor law reforms required under the replacement deal for NAFTA — and she wants to see the implementation before the House considers backing the new deal, a top Trump administration legislative priority.​
Ahh Pelosi is using a

QUID PRO QUO
The USMCA is a QUID PRO QUO. That what treaties are. The key question is, who benefits? The Presidents' campaign or American workers and businesses?

Pelosi represents a tiny fraction of the American people, less than 300k constituents. Why won't she allow the full House and OUR representatives to vote on usmca??? This bitch is holding 99% of the country hostage.
I ask myself the same question about Moscow Mitch holding everything up in the Senate.

I see, what is Mitch holding up specifically?
HR1 For the People Act
HR5 The Equality Act
HR6 Dreamers & TPS
HR7 Paycheck Fairness Act
HR8 Gun Violence Prevention
HR9 Climate Action
HR1544 Save the Internet Act
HR 1585 Violence Against Women Act
and 10 bills lowering healthcare and RX drug prices.

Why won't Mitch allow a vote on any of these?

While the deal will only have the tiniest of impacts as it is only a tweak of NAFTA, she will not do so because doing so would be a win for Trump and they will not let that happen. This is the way our government operates now and how it has done so for the last two decades...why do you act so surprised?

Bingo!

Passing of the new Trade Agreement would give Trump a win and going into 2020 there is no way Pelosi is going to help Trump...

Pelosi represents a tiny fraction of the American people, less than 300k constituents. Why won't she allow the full House and OUR representatives to vote on usmca??? This bitch is holding 99% of the country hostage.
I ask myself the same question about Moscow Mitch holding everything up in the Senate.

HR1 For the People Act
HR5 The Equality Act
HR6 Dreamers & TPS
HR9 Climate Action

No seriously, what non fruit cake liberal bill is Mitch blocking?

HR1 For the People Act
HR5 The Equality Act
HR6 Dreamers & TPS
HR9 Climate Action

Anything with guns will not see the Senate vote...

Also remember Mitch learned from Harry Reid and Mitch is not going to bring up a vote that could help Democrats in 2020...

Actually they're not even capable of impeachment. Talking about it and lusting for it isn't the same as doing it. The level doing nothing useful in this congress has to be an all time record.

HR1 For the People Act
HR5 The Equality Act
HR6 Dreamers & TPS
HR9 Climate Action

Nope, not playing that game. Your question was asked and answered.

HR1 For the People Act
HR5 The Equality Act
HR6 Dreamers & TPS
HR9 Climate Action

Anything with guns will not see the Senate vote...

Also remember Mitch learned from Harry Reid and Mitch is not going to bring up a vote that could help Democrats in 2020...
Right. So WHY does Nancy need to allow a vote on the USMCA if it will help Trump in 2020?

HR1 For the People Act
HR5 The Equality Act
HR6 Dreamers & TPS
HR9 Climate Action

You realize USMCA is a non partisan trade agreement that benefits Dem's as much as Rep's right. :itsok:

HR1 For the People Act
HR5 The Equality Act
HR6 Dreamers & TPS
HR9 Climate Action

You realize USMCA is a non partisan trade agreement that benefits Dem's as much as Rep's right. :itsok:

Now we are getting somewhere. So you people will screw over your own constituents on jobs and the economy just to deny Trump a win? That describes you people perfectly.

HR1 For the People Act
HR5 The Equality Act
HR6 Dreamers & TPS
HR9 Climate Action

I'm 100% fine with that bill being held hostage. I am far more interested in the bills being held up by Moscow Mitch.

Your priorities are not my priorities.

Maybe she thinks that if Mexico treats its workers better, US workers will also get treated better:

Speaker Nancy Pelosi indicated on Tuesday the House will not consider President Donald Trump’s new North American trade pact until after Mexico has passed and implemented its major labor law reforms.

In an interview with POLITICO Playbook, the California Democrat explained that Mexico must pass labor law reforms required under the replacement deal for NAFTA — and she wants to see the implementation before the House considers backing the new deal, a top Trump administration legislative priority.​
Ahh Pelosi is using a

QUID PRO QUO
The USMCA is a QUID PRO QUO. That what treaties are. The key question is, who benefits? The Presidents' campaign or American workers and businesses?
Pelosi seems to be more concerned about Mexicans. She essentially killed the bill making this demand.

Ridiculous amount of power held by one partisan douchebag

HR1 For the People Act
HR5 The Equality Act
HR6 Dreamers & TPS
HR9 Climate Action

I'm 100% fine with that bill being held hostage. I am far more interested in the bills being held up by Moscow Mitch.

Your priorities are not my priorities.

^^^ :290968001256257790-final: doesn't understand this is why they lost to Trump in 2016.

Ahh Pelosi is using a

QUID PRO QUO
Pelosi seems to be more concerned about Mexicans. She essentially killed the bill making this demand.

You're right. I feel the same about Mitch McConnell.

HR1 For the People Act
HR5 The Equality Act
HR6 Dreamers & TPS
HR9 Climate Action

Now we are getting somewhere. So you people will screw over your own constituents on jobs and the economy just to deny Trump a win? That describes you people perfectly.
Fire with fire.

Pelosi will do nothing that benefits the United States as long as Trump is president. As a matter of fact democrats will do everything in their power to hurt their own Country as long as a republican is in office even as their own districts fall apart. Americans have to be aware that democrats are united in their effort to destroy the Country as they pursue an ongoing political coup.

Ahh Pelosi is using a

QUID PRO QUO

You're right. I feel the same about Mitch McConnell.
There is a difference between holding a bill hostage that would otherwise easily pass and shelving a bill that has zero support.

Why won't Moscow Mitch bring up the bipartisan election security bill?

Link to this bill please?

Forum List

Back