Why Women Need Husbands

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
A provocative (perhaps) opinion piece, about which I imagine there are some opinions here.

Women, men, marriage, family, independence, technology, welfare, education.......it impacts many aspects of society.

Why women still need husbands | Fox News

"So why not let husbands bring home the bulk of the bacon so women can have the balanced lives they seek? There’s no way to be a wife, a mother and a full-time employee and still create balance. But you can have balance by depending on a husband who works full-time and year-round.

I know what you’re going to say. Where are these husbands on whom women can depend? And you’re right: there are fewer men these days who seem eager to be primary breadwinners.

But ask yourself why, and I bet you know the answer."

A provocative (perhaps) opinion piece, about which I imagine there are some opinions here.

Women, men, marriage, family, independence, technology, welfare, education.......it impacts many aspects of society.

"So why not let husbands bring home the bulk of the bacon so women can have the balanced lives they seek? There’s no way to be a wife, a mother and a full-time employee and still create balance. But you can have balance by depending on a husband who works full-time and year-round.

I know what you’re going to say. Where are these husbands on whom women can depend? And you’re right: there are fewer men these days who seem eager to be primary breadwinners.

Who are you trying to convince?

The article is absolutely true but if women want part time jobs and balanced lives, they should not vote dimocrap EVER - because dimocraps are TOXIC for the economy and in the bad economy part-time jobs disappear FIRST.

So all those Ivy League grads and highly educated women should look into their priorities in voting. They have a choice in their priorities to make - what is more important to them - a third-trimester abortion legal and contraceptives paid by taxpayer or be able to find a part-time job easily to balance work and family and to pay for the contraceptives themselves. And never have any need for an abortion.

Last edited:
I know a lot of women who work just so they can have expensive clothes, jewelry, and fake nails. Most of them are teachers. They make about enough to pay for those 3 things. But I know a lot of nurses and NPs, who make way better money than teachers, who work to support their family's lifestyle. They travel with their families, they pay for their children to go to college. Their wardrobe mostly sucks and they wear very little jewelry, but if anything happens to hubby they can make it on their own.

It hurt my feelings pretty bad to have to go to work. I could have lived on the SS, but when the children left home I was going to be 50+ with a 10 year old degree if I didn't work. No woman should allow herself to be put into that position. Ever. My daughter works and with the one child it is hard enough, but she knows what I went through. And I support her decision.

Women don't need a husband any more than a man needs a wife. Get married because you want to spend your life with that person.

Why are men not encouraged to stay home and to have their wives provide for them?

I know a lot of women who work just so they can have expensive clothes, jewelry, and fake nails. Most of them are teachers. They make about enough to pay for those 3 things. But I know a lot of nurses and NPs, who make way better money than teachers, who work to support their family's lifestyle. They travel with their families, they pay for their children to go to college. Their wardrobe mostly sucks and they wear very little jewelry, but if anything happens to hubby they can make it on their own.

It hurt my feelings pretty bad to have to go to work. I could have lived on the SS, but when the children left home I was going to be 50+ with a 10 year old degree if I didn't work. No woman should allow herself to be put into that position. Ever. My daughter works and with the one child it is hard enough, but she knows what I went through. And I support her decision.

There is a little dirty secret men do not like to be told - a lot of them are mingy when it comes to what a woman wants to spend, especially on herself. Not that women who do not work often spend too much, but, as a general rule of thumb, it gives you a lot of independence in spending when you have your own money.

On the other hand it is easier to manage a comfortable lifestyle with two incomes.
And yes, it gives you satisfaction when the nest is empty and there is nothing much to do about the house.

There are many reasons why a woman would chose to work, and it is much easier when it is a part-time one.

Women don't need a husband any more than a man needs a wife. Get married because you want to spend your life with that person.

Why are men not encouraged to stay home and to have their wives provide for them?

In some situations they are. Generally it is not what the societal roles are, but there are plenty of situations, when it would be a good option.

Well first you gotta find the women that want to stop acting like teenagers and grow the hell up.

American women wonder why the mail order bride business is booming. Cuz in foreign lands women are made to take responsibility. In America the welfare and social systems here pretty much allow a woman to be an immature teenager well into here 50s if she wants.

Men are fed up with this crap and seek women from 2nd and 3rd world countries where women actually appreciate what men do for them.

I am 41 now and I still see women in their 40s and 50s being taken care of by daddy or their families in some way shape or form.

I have 4 nieces and they are going to be fine cuz we raised them right.

The dingy bimbos and airheads they will meet in college and life scares the hell out of me.

Well first you gotta find the women that want to stop acting like teenagers and grow the hell up.

American women wonder why the mail order bride business is booming. Cuz in foreign lands women are made to take responsibility. In America the welfare and social systems here pretty much allow a woman to be an immature teenager well into here 50s if she wants.

Men are fed up with this crap and seek women from 2nd and 3rd world countries where women actually appreciate what men do for them.

I am 41 now and I still see women in their 40s and 50s being taken care of by daddy or their families in some way shape or form.

So they should keep house and raise kids so they can be taken care of by their husband?

Next you'll be telling us that these "immature teenager" women are causing men to turn gay.

I have 4 nieces and they are going to be fine cuz we raised them right.

The dingy bimbos and airheads they will meet in college and life scares the hell out of me.

I have two daughters, and both of them are going to be fine. We raised them to understand that they don't need a man, but finding the right one makes life much, much better. Both my daughters are beautiful, strong and independent. They are leaders, not blind followers.

Yet another rightwing salvo in their "War on Women"! :eusa_whistle:

Yet another rightwing salvo in their "War on Women"! :eusa_whistle:

Nigga you trippin

A
So they should keep house and raise kids so they can be taken care of by their husband?

Next you'll be telling us that these "immature teenager" women are causing men to turn gay.

No not all women are qualified to do that.... this is why CPS (Child Protective Services) is overworked in this country.

I am talking about just being responsible about your upkeep in life.

I am sure you did a great job it isn't hard to raise women right but what I have seen in the past 20 years would horrify women of my mom's generation.

It would be interesting to see such a rare thing as I have never seen a woman of that age being supported by her parents. Yes, she can be on a taxpayer's assistance, but, unless sick, I have not seen a woman being supported by families at that age.
I have seen plenty of men, though.

Just sayin' :)

No not all women are qualified to do that.... this is why CPS (Child Protective Services) is overworked in this country.

I am talking about just being responsible about your upkeep in life.

I am sure you did a great job it isn't hard to raise women right but what I have seen in the past 20 years would horrify women of my mom's generation.

CPS is busy because neither parent is responsible.

Yes, everyone should be responsible for their life. I just do not believe being dependent on a spouse is required to do that.

Forum List

Back