Why wind is a goofball idea!!!

wind and solar are going to be fringe energy sources for decades to cme. But dont take my world for it............go GOOGLE "energy futures" and see what they say. Oil production and natural gas production is about to explode, wth Canada for example, doubling oil production by 2030.

NEB - Energy Reports - Canada?s Energy Future: Energy Supply and Demand Projections to*2035 - Energy Market Assessment

Renewables will continue to increase gradually but will still be less than 10% of US energy by 2035.

http://www.instituteforenergyresearch.org/2012/06/29/2012-energy-outlook-fossil-fuel-energy-leads-the-future/

Hate to throw ice water in the faces of the radicals but what can I say??:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Time to take a break from Disney s0ns!!!

Last edited:
New Version of Aerogenerator X 10MW VAWT in the Works

Derek Markham
Technology / Wind Technology
August 29, 2012

Photo%201_Artist%20impression%20of%20NOVA%20off%20Shore%20VAWTS%20final%20design%2010MW%20Aerogenerator%20X_web.jpg

© Wind Power Ltd & Grimshaw
Plans for a prototype of a new and improved version of Wind Power Limited's Aerogenerator vertical axis wind turbine have been unveiled, and the company claims to generate twice the power as their original, while cutting the weight of the unit by half.

According to Wind Power Limited, the Aerogenerator X is the result of of an 18‐month feasibility study (called the NOVA project), and is a viable and cost-effective solution for offshore wind power in the UK. The newest version is anticipated to generate twice as much power as their initial design, and because the sails (blades) are made from carbon fiber, to only weigh half as much.

The company is currently working on a fully operational 50kW prototype demonstrator, which will be used to better understand the engineering performance and aerodynamic behavior of this design while in use, and to fully test the unit in offshore conditions before work on the planned 10MW version begins. The demonstrator should be operational by October 2012 at Cranfield University.

Wind Power Limited also announced that it is in the process of entering a Memorandum of Understanding with Arup to help continue with the development of the project.

The 18‐month NOVA project feasibility study was a collaboration by Cranfield University, QinetiQ, Strathclyde University, Sheffield University and Wind Power Limited, and was funded by the Energy Technologies Institute (a public private partnership comprising BP, Caterpillar, EDF, E.ON, Rolls‐Royce, Shell, BP, EDF, EON, Caterpillar, the UK Government and Wind Power Limited).
New Version of Aerogenerator X 10MW VAWT in the Works : TreeHugger

Last edited:
New Version of Aerogenerator X 10MW VAWT in the Works

Derek Markham
Technology / Wind Technology
August 29, 2012

Photo%201_Artist%20impression%20of%20NOVA%20off%20Shore%20VAWTS%20final%20design%2010MW%20Aerogenerator%20X_web.jpg

© Wind Power Ltd & Grimshaw
Plans for a prototype of a new and improved version of Wind Power Limited's Aerogenerator vertical axis wind turbine have been unveiled, and the company claims to generate twice the power as their original, while cutting the weight of the unit by half.

According to Wind Power Limited, the Aerogenerator X is the result of of an 18‐month feasibility study (called the NOVA project), and is a viable and cost-effective solution for offshore wind power in the UK. The newest version is anticipated to generate twice as much power as their initial design, and because the sails (blades) are made from carbon fiber, to only weigh half as much.

The company is currently working on a fully operational 50kW prototype demonstrator, which will be used to better understand the engineering performance and aerodynamic behavior of this design while in use, and to fully test the unit in offshore conditions before work on the planned 10MW version begins. The demonstrator should be operational by October 2012 at Cranfield University.

Wind Power Limited also announced that it is in the process of entering a Memorandum of Understanding with Arup to help continue with the development of the project.

The 18‐month NOVA project feasibility study was a collaboration by Cranfield University, QinetiQ, Strathclyde University, Sheffield University and Wind Power Limited, and was funded by the Energy Technologies Institute (a public private partnership comprising BP, Caterpillar, EDF, E.ON, Rolls‐Royce, Shell, BP, EDF, EON, Caterpillar, the UK Government and Wind Power Limited).
New Version of Aerogenerator X 10MW VAWT in the Works : TreeHugger

cool looking machine!!!

And?

Oh no Matthew:

We can't have THAT! Didn't you read that it's all funded by

BIG OIL

We should march and STOP THEM right away....

Some of them put in SOOOO much money that they get mentioned TWICE !!!

Last edited:
Oh no Matthew:

BIG OIL

Yep,

I hope big oil becomes big wind. :eusa_angel:

Oh no Matthew:

BIG OIL

Yep,

BP was the 1st "super-integrator" in the solar industry. They quietly led the world in systems engineering for solar. I think they've since bowed out.. But obviously, they are funding a whole lot of "alternative" research..

That rig you found a picture is neat looking.. I was thinking more about the underwater tidal/wave fans that could sushi a whole whale and add the seaweed and the horseradish in one pass...

Back in the 90's I tried to tell the environauts that there would BE BIG WIND and BIG SOLAR, but they were convinced that these industries would democratize energy so that even Granny would be in the energy business. Little cottage industries were gonna dominate the scene and BIG corporations could just suck ass.

It was all part of the anti-Capitalist Green Party like fervor over "sustainable" development. The very stuff that still drive this train and which YOU are choosing to support.. I hope that sits well with your political outlook. Because you're hooked at the waist with folks who dream of communal living and cute little local markets with no real winners/losers..

Just don't try to fool me by showing me anything sponsored by BIG OIL.. You know the rules.. :D

Oh no Matthew:

BIG OIL

Yep,

s0n..............chances of that?

ZERO.

These discussions on future energy when discussed with the alarmists are nothing short of hysterical. They are not at all grounded in reality. 25 years from now, renewables will still be but a sliver of the energy pie for America. Not my opinion. FACT........not even debatable. Ive posted up dozens of links over the years on here. But I suppose dreams are worth something in this world and the environmental k00ks will continue to trot out this perpetual mountain of crap regarding the future of renewables.

Most amazing to me is this blind allegiance to wind, for example. If the wind zealots got their way and we were powering mostly with wind, millions of people woould have died in Europe's bitter cold this past winter............ Millions. Which is why it aint gonna happen...........imagine the politician, big on wind after millions have frozen to death, "But this is the sacrafice we must make to prevent future catastrophies!!!"

Last edited:

Forum List

Back