Why White People Don’t Like to Talk About Race

Here's the real reason: It's Boring and Pointless.

After years of being called WACISTS due to the color of our skin, we white folks just don't believe you Race Baiting Hate Mongers.

No darling, you were never called racist because of your skin tone. You should figure out why you're triggered by the topic.
then why are whites RACIST???..and blacks never are??
hahahahhaha= blacks are not racist---hahahAHHHAHAHAHAHHA

We have the right to have our own opinion if you don't like it too bad for you.
And you have the right to be shown that what you believe is a load of racist dog shit. If you don't like it too bad for you.
Having an opinion is not a dog shit that's what you think. but I don't care, I think what I like
When your opinion has been proven wrong long before you were born and you still express that opinion and argue about how it's so, then it's dog shit.

Google "Anthony Johnson slave"...he was a black man who owned black slaves...and he was not a one off.

I have a friend who I often team up with at a local trivia game. he is everything IM2 is not. He is friendly .He is intelligent. He is successful. He isn't all about blame.

We are their to have fun, not establish victimhood, but we do talk about race in unthreatening ways . it's all lighthearted, though, rather than IM2's racist jackhammer approach.

Who knows - if IM2 ever turned into a human being instead of a snarling feral creature living on pure racial hatred, he would find he could hang with whites and have a good time, too.

As is, the loathsome racist will just have the hatref he is putting out there reflecting back on him.

And you have the right to be shown that what you believe is a load of racist dog shit. If you don't like it too bad for you.
Having an opinion is not a dog shit that's what you think. but I don't care, I think what I like
When your opinion has been proven wrong long before you were born and you still express that opinion and argue about how it's so, then it's dog shit.

But you don't even know what her opinion is. She simply said she can have her own opinion. I assume that would mean she does not entirely AGREE with you, but nevertheless..... you don't know what her opinions are to the extent that you can call them shit.

Google "Anthony Johnson slave"...he was a black man who owned black slaves...and he was not a one off.
Yawn! Google who made slavery legal in the US. And then go learn the fact that few blacks owned slaves and most of them purchased family members. Disingenuous doesn't work with me son.

LOL,
LOL, You are really frustrated that Trump win! not me!

tenorCBNLEOKP.gif

But you don't even know what her opinion is. She simply said she can have her own opinion. I assume that would mean she does not entirely AGREE with you, but nevertheless..... you don't know what her opinions are to the extent that you can call them shit.

I have read her racist screeds.

LOL,
LOL, You are really frustrated that Trump win! not me!

View attachment 297088
Not really. I'm watching the predicted death of the United States caused by white racism.

USMB is a fine example of this.

March 26, 2015 by Barnabas Piper

Most white people want no part of the conversation about race. We don’t want it with our baristas, our neighbors, our spouses, or anyone really. We don’t quite know what do each February during Black History Month. For most white people that’s Martin Luther King Jr. awareness month with a nod to Harriet Tubman and not much sense of any other aspect of black history or culture. The ongoing tensions surrounding the deaths of Michael Brown, Eric Garner, Tamir Rice, Alton Sterling, Philando Castile, and so many other incidents are more than most of us know what to do with (if we want anything to do with them at all).

Most of us grew up unaffected by the racial divide, or at least unaware of how it affected us. Now, though, the divide has been brought to us and we’re at a loss. We don’t want that conversation. We’re uncomfortable with it. Our responses tend to fall into two main groups.

Group 1: Don’t want to talk about race

This first group contains the bigots and racists. They don’t want to talk about race (or maybe they do for all the wrong reasons) because they want to be the only race. This bunch deserves a whole lot of ink, most of it not very pleasant, and none of it here. They are despicable products of unfortunate upbringings.

The majority of this group, though, is not outright bigoted. Instead they are outright ignorant and therefore subtly prejudiced. They are unexposed to minority cultures (not just black, but all non-white cultures) and unaware of the complexities, difficulties, and hurts there. Really most of white America is part of, or has been part of, this group. They are the comfortable majority, and thus they determine the status quo. Life is good, so why rock the boat? It’s not that they don’t “care” about the needs of others — you won’t find a more cause-oriented bunch of advocates than young, privileged white people — but those needs never really intersect with their lives at a personal and relational level. And they’re happy to keep it that way because any other way is uncomfortable and intimidating. It’s a passive aggressive approach to racial separation, and one most don’t even realize they’re participating in. Their ignorance is blindness they mistake for bliss.

Group 2: Don’t know how to talk about race

Why White People Don't Like to Talk About Race

Most here are not the blissfully ignorant. You are racists. Blacks here have been called all kinds of racist names and all kinds of overtly racist opinion has been spoken. Blissful ignorance is not why a thread about black names has been created at least 2 times sine I've actively started participating here. The same goes for other things.

Now watch the racism you will see from people who are going to complain. They never complain when a thread by a white person denigrating blacks is posted. Only when a thread about whites is made do they suddenly become colorblind.
Tell the store that the record keeps skipping and repeating the same line over and over and over and over and over

LOL,

He doesn't care about my opinion, he's a leftist so I must have the same opinion as him otherwise i am wrong and he is a victim

I'd rather talk about CHARACTER...like MLK said. Always have. (Why do Blacks kill other Blacks at such a high rate??)

Greg

USMB is a fine example of this.

March 26, 2015 by Barnabas Piper

Most white people want no part of the conversation about race. We don’t want it with our baristas, our neighbors, our spouses, or anyone really. We don’t quite know what do each February during Black History Month. For most white people that’s Martin Luther King Jr. awareness month with a nod to Harriet Tubman and not much sense of any other aspect of black history or culture. The ongoing tensions surrounding the deaths of Michael Brown, Eric Garner, Tamir Rice, Alton Sterling, Philando Castile, and so many other incidents are more than most of us know what to do with (if we want anything to do with them at all).

Most of us grew up unaffected by the racial divide, or at least unaware of how it affected us. Now, though, the divide has been brought to us and we’re at a loss. We don’t want that conversation. We’re uncomfortable with it. Our responses tend to fall into two main groups.

Group 1: Don’t want to talk about race

This first group contains the bigots and racists. They don’t want to talk about race (or maybe they do for all the wrong reasons) because they want to be the only race. This bunch deserves a whole lot of ink, most of it not very pleasant, and none of it here. They are despicable products of unfortunate upbringings.

The majority of this group, though, is not outright bigoted. Instead they are outright ignorant and therefore subtly prejudiced. They are unexposed to minority cultures (not just black, but all non-white cultures) and unaware of the complexities, difficulties, and hurts there. Really most of white America is part of, or has been part of, this group. They are the comfortable majority, and thus they determine the status quo. Life is good, so why rock the boat? It’s not that they don’t “care” about the needs of others — you won’t find a more cause-oriented bunch of advocates than young, privileged white people — but those needs never really intersect with their lives at a personal and relational level. And they’re happy to keep it that way because any other way is uncomfortable and intimidating. It’s a passive aggressive approach to racial separation, and one most don’t even realize they’re participating in. Their ignorance is blindness they mistake for bliss.

Group 2: Don’t know how to talk about race

Why White People Don't Like to Talk About Race

Most here are not the blissfully ignorant. You are racists. Blacks here have been called all kinds of racist names and all kinds of overtly racist opinion has been spoken. Blissful ignorance is not why a thread about black names has been created at least 2 times sine I've actively started participating here. The same goes for other things.

Now watch the racism you will see from people who are going to complain. They never complain when a thread by a white person denigrating blacks is posted. Only when a thread about whites is made do they suddenly become colorblind.
Hmmm. Let's ask a black person why white people don't want to talk about race. Then let's ask a white person why black people don't want to talk about academic achievement. That's a stupid thing.
Blacks will gladly talk about academic achievement. Because we aren't the ones paying other whites to cheat for us on SAT tests.

I'd rather talk about CHARACTER...like MLK said. Always have. (Why do Blacks kill other Blacks at such a high rate??)

Greg
If you want to talk about character why do you not pay attention to everything King talked about?
You do understand that white kill each other at the same rate? So if you are concerned about character why don't you discuss that.

I have a friend who I often team up with at a local trivia game. he is everything IM2 is not. He is friendly .He is intelligent. He is successful. He isn't all about blame.

We are their to have fun, not establish victimhood, but we do talk about race in unthreatening ways . it's all lighthearted, though, rather than IM2's racist jackhammer approach.

Who knows - if IM2 ever turned into a human being instead of a snarling feral creature living on pure racial hatred, he would find he could hang with whites and have a good time, too.

As is, the loathsome racist will just have the hatref he is putting out there reflecting back on him.
You don't want to discuss so piss off. Your opinion is shit.

Greg

Here's the real reason: It's Boring and Pointless.

After years of being called WACISTS due to the color of our skin, we white folks just don't believe you Race Baiting Hate Mongers.

No darling, you were never called racist because of your skin tone. You should figure out why you're triggered by the topic.
then why are whites RACIST???..and blacks never are??
hahahahhaha= blacks are not racist---hahahAHHHAHAHAHAHHA
Who said or says that?

My question is why can’t IM2 stop talking about race?

To be fair, I suppose people can come to USMB for any reason they want. A wide variety or maybe just one. Obviously race is something he thinks about every day and to be fair people all over this big country have been affected by life in different ways and people have gripes that are real and are looking for some kind of closure.
But then again, one can only guess motive. To be fair, he can also be reacting to disparaging threads about black people. It becomes circuitous.

I have read her racist screeds.
This is what I read about you at the forum. you are racist towards white people it's giving giving.

Forum List

Back