Why Weren't These Officers in Fear For Their Lives?

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
The actual title to this story is "Woman shot to death at Everett workplace; ex-husband arrested" but the fact that another domestic violence victim has been killed is not the motivation for posting it. I want to know the following
  • why these officers were not in fear for their lives
  • why they were using less than lethal rounds on a suspect who had
    1. just murdered his ex-wife AND (an actual instance of the definition of a fleeing felon)
    2. opened fire on them
    3. made multiple threats not only against his family members but against the police as well
  • why with 7 law enforcement shooting at him expending approximately 50 rounds, apparently none of them actually hit him with any bullets
The above is just the background. Now I'd like to know why black people who haven't just murdered someone, who are not armed, who are not shooting at the police and are sometimes running away from the police still get shot dead.

Are they all really that bad of shots or do they take care to try not to harm the suspect when he/she is white i.e. less than lethal rounds? Note his condition in the photo below

1024">
16991979_web1_L1-HomocideSuspectArrest-edh-190524-0007.jpg

Everett Police examine a Chevy Corvette as medics take a handcuffed man, suspected in a fatal shooting, to an ambulance Friday in Everett. (Andy Bronson / The Herald)

Woman shot to death at Everett workplace; ex-husband arrested
The man was caught after a shootout with Everett police behind a Safeway near downtown.

EVERETT — A woman was shot to death at her workplace early Friday in south Everett, setting off a manhunt that ended in a police shootout behind a Safeway.

Her estranged husband, 59, of Arlington, was arrested without serious injuries, police said. No officers were hurt.

The man had confronted the woman at 8 a.m. at her industrial job in the 1400 block of 80th Street SW, Everett Police Deputy Chief John DeRousse said.

There was some kind of argument before the gunfire at Achilles, a Japanese-owned plastics manufacturer with a U.S. headquarters in Everett.

He shot her, according to police. She died at the scene.

Police sent out a bulletin on Twitter around 9:50 a.m. that they were looking for a 2005 red Chevrolet Corvette with license plates BJG9998. Officers found the Corvette around 10:15 a.m. as it headed north on Broadway near downtown Everett.

The car came to a stop in the 1700 block of McDougall Avenue, a residential street, wrote Kristin Banfield, a spokeswoman for the Snohomish County Multi-Agency Response Team, a cadre of local detectives who investigate police shootings.

“Multiple officers surrounded the suspect’s vehicle on McDougall Avenue between 17th and 18th Street and reported that the suspect fired shots at the responding officers,” Banfield wrote in a press release. “Multiple officers returned fire.”

Officers subdued the suspect with non-lethal rounds.​

Woman shot to death at Everett workplace; ex-husband arrested | HeraldNet.com

A couple of things..

1. The officers were held from using lethal rounds by policy. They were shooting in the public area and rubber bullets were the only items authorized.

2. This is NOT a racial issue. This is a difference between agencies policies issue.

In most small communities lethal rounds would have been used on anyone. Most small municipalities do not have the monies some of the bigger ones have and are limited in what they can do in options.

Police policy nationwide has a lot of unarmed people being shot left and right these days.
Reasons?

A) The Patriot Act lessened the American citizens' standing.

B) Bad policy and training nationwide.

It all started with this guy named "James Earl Ray" I'm pretty sure. FYI, he was a white guy.

Bad/bad policy trained cops make no distinction between shooting unarmed black or white people, they gun 'em all down.

The actual title to this story is "Woman shot to death at Everett workplace; ex-husband arrested" but the fact that another domestic violence victim has been killed is not the motivation for posting it. I want to know the following
    1. just murdered his ex-wife AND (an actual instance of the definition of a fleeing felon)
    2. opened fire on them
    3. made multiple threats not only against his family members but against the police as well
  • why with 7 law enforcement shooting at him expending approximately 50 rounds, apparently none of them actually hit him with any bullets
The above is just the background. Now I'd like to know why black people who haven't just murdered someone, who are not armed, who are not shooting at the police and are sometimes running away from the police still get shot dead.

Are they all really that bad of shots or do they take care to try not to harm the suspect when he/she is white i.e. less than lethal rounds? Note his condition in the photo below

1024">

Everett Police examine a Chevy Corvette as medics take a handcuffed man, suspected in a fatal shooting, to an ambulance Friday in Everett. (Andy Bronson / The Herald)

The man was caught after a shootout with Everett police behind a Safeway near downtown.

EVERETT — A woman was shot to death at her workplace early Friday in south Everett, setting off a manhunt that ended in a police shootout behind a Safeway.

Her estranged husband, 59, of Arlington, was arrested without serious injuries, police said. No officers were hurt.

The man had confronted the woman at 8 a.m. at her industrial job in the 1400 block of 80th Street SW, Everett Police Deputy Chief John DeRousse said.

There was some kind of argument before the gunfire at Achilles, a Japanese-owned plastics manufacturer with a U.S. headquarters in Everett.

Police sent out a bulletin on Twitter around 9:50 a.m. that they were looking for a 2005 red Chevrolet Corvette with license plates BJG9998. Officers found the Corvette around 10:15 a.m. as it headed north on Broadway near downtown Everett.

The car came to a stop in the 1700 block of McDougall Avenue, a residential street, wrote Kristin Banfield, a spokeswoman for the Snohomish County Multi-Agency Response Team, a cadre of local detectives who investigate police shootings.

“Multiple officers surrounded the suspect’s vehicle on McDougall Avenue between 17th and 18th Street and reported that the suspect fired shots at the responding officers,” Banfield wrote in a press release. “Multiple officers returned fire.”

She wants more white people killed.

Contrary to the Black Lives Matter narrative, the police have much more to fear from black males than black males have to fear from the police. In 2015, a police officer was 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male was to be killed by a police officer.

remember, there are about 30 MILLION calls for police assistance--not counting traffic stops:
2016, the police fatally shot 233 blacks, the vast majority armed and dangerous, according to the Washington Post. The paper categorized only 16 black male victims of police shootings as “unarmed.” That classification masks assaults against officers and violent resistance to arrest.
https://nypost.com/2017/09/26/all-that-kneeling-ignores-the-real-cause-of-soaring-black-homicides/

blacks commit crime at MUCH higher rates!!!!!!!
you do understand what this means???!!! the cops HAVE to interact with black criminals at higher rates = the cops are doing a great job at NOT shooting these jackass CRIMINALS

blacks murder cops at over FOUR times the rate of whites:
Table 44
boom, boom, and BOOM--that's why
etc

Last edited:
A couple of things..

1. The officers were held from using lethal rounds by policy. They were shooting in the public area and rubber bullets were the only items authorized.

2. This is NOT a racial issue. This is a difference between agencies policies issue.

In most small communities lethal rounds would have been used on anyone. Most small municipalities do not have the monies some of the bigger ones have and are limited in what they can do in options.
So, the fact he's a relatively wealthy older white guy is just a coincidence.

A couple of things..

I don't understand what you mean, are you saying that neither the Everette PD officers nor the Sheriff deputy on the scene were armed with bullets? I'm unable to picture a scenario like this where their bullets didn't stop him but something else did (and I have no idea what that something else, less than lethal item would be)

As far as race, my question is why is it that so many white people who have actually committed a violent crime such as murder, issued threats, and in some cases such of this one, have fired a gun at the police still survive their encounter with law enforcement in order to stand trial while so many black people who did none of those things and were merely attempting to escape the police do not.

And we have not yet even addressed how many rounds the cops fired yet failed to hit their target.

2. opened fire on them

1024">

I want to know why white people don't scare the police shitless the way black people do, even when those white people are shooting at them.

2. opened fire on them

1024">

I want to know why white people don't scare the police shitless the way black people do, even when those white people are shooting at them.

Scared of them? You lie out your hateful ass. Can't prove anything so you put your opinion as fact like most libs.

A couple of things..

I don't understand what you mean, are you saying that neither the Everette PD officers nor the Sheriff deputy on the scene were armed with bullets? I'm unable to picture a scenario like this where their bullets didn't stop him but something else did (and I have no idea what that something else, less than lethal item would be)

As far as race, my question is why is it that so many white people who have actually committed a violent crime such as murder, issued threats, and in some cases such of this one, have fired a gun at the police still survive their encounter with law enforcement in order to stand trial while so many black people who did none of those things and were merely attempting to escape the police do not.

And we have not yet even addressed how many rounds the cops fired yet failed to hit their target.

do you have any data that supports your contention that more "white persons" who fire guns at cops survive than do "persons of color" who
fire guns at cops? Given the data---if any exists---are the situations
analyzed for factors contributing to the situations of violence? I would
be really interested in "place" -----ie --are cops more prone to use guns
in areas where violence is rampant

A couple of things..

Yeah... His net worth went out with the BOLO...

2. opened fire on them

1024">

If you ever want to be just about guaranteed to survive a shooting- make sure it's the cops that are shooting at you.

But you may well be shot by accident while one is shooting at some candybar thief that has a crowd of innocents behind him.

Some of the sorriest shots in the nation can be found in the ranks of policedom.

2. opened fire on them

1024">

you must be afraid of post # 7--it explains everything

A couple of things..

Yeah, he sure looks like he shits gold.

Forum List

Back