Why were the Prop 8. polls wrong?

Evangelical

Apr 18, 2009
Proposition 8 won by as much a margin as Obama won the Presidency, yet every poll suggested that Obama would win, but almost every poll suggested that Prop 8 would lose.

California Proposition 8 (2008) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How can this be? I suggest that polling firms have a worldview and want to see their worldview expressed, and probably consciously abuse their statistical findings, whether by selective sampling etc., to create a favorable poll that will show the masses how they should vote because the vote is already 'decided'.

But I think we should have a brainstorm on this subject.

This actually really shocked me. It was clear the liberals in California were trying to use the election to their advantage. They figured with all the liberals coming out to vote for Obama, they could easily pass this proposition through. It was actually a great idea on their behalf to get that proposition on the same ballot as the Presidential election.

It's nice to know that some people actually read the ballot and knew what they were voting for.

At the same time, I was in favor of Proposition 8, so it was a bit disappointing. But democracy actually won here, so it's a good thing.

the mayor of San Francisco is one reason why...........after his "Whether you like it or not" speech.....it went down hill.....you dont get something passed that has a lot of opposition,by shoving it down your throat,the Mayor was doing just that....

Forum List

Back