Why we're screwed no matter what with the debt.

Liberty

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2009
colorado
Option 1: Keep spending

Consequences: International Credit Rating will drop, dollar will weaken, standard of living will decrease, riots will ensue.

Option 2: Make serious cuts to spending.

Consequences: Those with entitlement mentality will riot like what happened in England as standard of living decreases.

Personal Option 1: Live within your own means and be free despite standard of living decrease.

Personal Option 2: Be the slave of the government, accept their handouts, accept their "charity", and don't be free.

This is serious shit.

Are there any other options?

Get read for shit to hit the fan is my option. I hope for the best, expect things to be good, but perpare for the worst.

Got my hunting rifles and lots of ammo, need to get a personal defense pistol next.

My food pantry is stocked, I can eat without having to go to the store or without having to hunt/gather/garden for a month or two.

Buy non-perishable commodities like extra clothing, jeans boots ect so that you dont have to pay more later with inflation and so you have useable goods to barter in case things just go way crazier than I think they will.

yeah yeah yeah i'm crazy an all that because I'm preparing and prepared for the worst case scenario.......just because im prepared doesn't mean i think i'm actually going to need this stuff, it just means if shit goes bad at least my close friends and family have someone who prepared to help us survive it.

Last edited:

Get read for shit to hit the fan is my option.

Got my hunting rifles and lots of ammo, need to get a personal defense pistol next.

My food pantry is stocked, I can eat without having to go to the store or without having to hunt/gather/garden for a month or two.

Buy non-perishable commodities like extra clothing, jeans boots ect so that you dont have to pay more later with inflation and so you have useable goods to barter in case things just go way crazier than I think they will.

yeah yeah yeah i'm crazy an all that because I'm preparing and prepared for the worst case scenario.......just because im prepared doesn't mean i think i'm actually going to need this stuff, it just means if shit goes bad at least my close friends and family have someone who prepared to help us survive it.

nah man, people like you are the people that others will be begging for help from.

Ww are certainly on a economic path that leads to insolvency for most Americans and our governments, without doubt.

And there are no minor tinkers in the tax codes or spending that are really going to solve that problem, either.

It truly is time to rewrite the social contract but there's nowhere near the policitical will to do so. Our solutions would habve to be as radical (but nothing like) the radical nature of the original founding fathers. It would demand that we change the basical theories that this society accepts as fundamental.

We'll have to wait, I suppose, until things are so bad for so many Americans that they cease their assinine partisanship and start thinking about the ENTIRE nation, rather than their special interests.

And far as I can tell there's no chance that is going to happen in time to prevent the economic shitstorm that most of you sense (and I think correctly) is about to befall this nation.

Be prepared if you can.

Most of you, myself included, don't remotely have the resources to prepare for I think is about to happen.

Last edited:
Ww are certainly on a economic path that leads to insolvency for most Americans and our governments, without doubt.

And there are no minor tinkers in the tax codes or spending that are really going to solve that problem, either.

It truly is time to rewrite the social contract but there's nowhere near the policitical will to do so. Our solutions would habve to be as radical (but nothing like) the radical nature of the original founding fathers. It would demand that we change the basical theories that this society accepts as fundamental.

We'll have to wait, I suppose, until things are so bad for so many Americans that they cease their assinine partisanship and start thinking about the ENTIRE nation, rather than their special interests.

And far as I can tell there's no chance that is going to happen in time to prevent the economic shitstorm that most of you sense (and I think correctly) is about to befall this nation.

Be prepared if you can.

Most of you, myself included, don't remotely have the resources to prepare for I think is about to happen.

Good Post Ed.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Unfortunately there are loads of folks out there who can't see the writing on the wall.

A chicken little situation this ain't.

Last edited:

Consequences: International Credit Rating will drop, dollar will weaken, standard of living will decrease, riots will ensue.

Consequences: Those with entitlement mentality will riot like what happened in England as standard of living decreases.

Personal Option 1: Live within your own means and be free despite standard of living decrease.

Personal Option 2: Be the slave of the government, accept their handouts, accept their "charity", and don't be free.

This is serious shit.

We've been through much worse than this. At the end of WWII there were lots of smart people who had no idea how we'd ever bring down a debt burden far worse than what we got now.
budgpcgdp11.gif

The solution was just everyone getting on with their lives and prospering.

This is serious shit.

We've been through much worse than this. At the end of WWII there were lots of smart people who had no idea how we'd ever bring down a debt burden far worse than what we got now.
budgpcgdp11.gif

But don't forget the unfunded liabilities......about 162 TRILLION DOLLARS worth....

There is one way, we get people out of the entitlement mentality. First ourselves, to whatever degree we are. and then others. we have to teach our children correctly. we have to reach out and teach people personal responsibility.

budgpcgdp11.gif

This graph is interesting as it indicates that during the 1990's there was a period where the Federal government actually ran a surplus.
(this was during the Clinton administration)
So what would it take to recreate the conditions where this state of affairs occurred?
To be fair to Clinton's successors, the war in Iraq, Afghanistan, and against al-Qaeda certainly disrupted any chance of the Federal government continuing to generate a budget surplus.

Be prepared if you can.

Well said sir!

Get read for shit to hit the fan is my option. I hope for the best, expect things to be good, but perpare for the worst.

yeah yeah yeah i'm crazy an all that because I'm preparing and prepared for the worst case scenario.......just because im prepared doesn't mean i think i'm actually going to need this stuff.....
.....But, I'm sure it makes gettin'-thru-Jr.-High a lot-less boring.

handjob.gif

End the Federal Reserve's printing of money that causes our inflation and eventual destruction of the dollar.

I don't recall voting for the destruction of our economy.
.....But, like all the OTHER "conservatives", here.....the fact our economy was headin' South, FAST....was no big deal....until SOME BLACK-DUDE WON THE PRESIDENCY!!!!

*​

January 13, 2008

"The recession-deniers were muzzled by a horrendous last two weeks of December, and the gloom-and-doomers are now out in force. Their key arguments:

* Plummeting housing will now drag down the rest of the economy.

*The "bad debt" problem is not just "sub-prime" folks who should never have have taken out mortgages in the first place. It includes credit card debt, "high quality" mortgages, car loans, and other leverage that have recently become a consumer way of life.

*Pressure on consumers is leading to a reduction in consumer spending (70% of economy), which, in turn, will lead to a reduction in spending by companies that sell stuff to consumers.

*The question now is not "will there be a recession?" but "how bad will it get?"

*The most optimistic forecasts in a NYT gloom-and-doom round-up are for three crappy quarters, regardless of what the Fed does. Less optimistic forecasts suggest that we are, well, screwed.

After blowing the last downturn, we've been worried this one since last summer. We also suspect that, given the importance of housing to the economy and debt to consumer spending, the recession will be deeper and more prolonged than people think."

Face the facts.

You Teabaggers are TOO FUCKIN' STUPID & TOO FUCKIN' LAZY to offer any suggestions.

You assholes never had A CLUE, until The DICK; Armey whipped-you-up, into a frenzy.....and, where's HE, now??????

You've been hustled.....and, you're too-fuckin'-stupid to recognize it....or, admit it.

bu_laff.jpg

Last edited:

yeah yeah yeah i'm crazy an all that because I'm preparing and prepared for the worst case scenario.......just because im prepared doesn't mean i think i'm actually going to need this stuff.....
.....But, I'm sure it makes gettin'-thru-Jr.-High a lot-less boring.

handjob.gif

What are you getting at?

BTW your other post....here is a tea-partiers position

Why is it that we paid of our debt after WWII and during the Clinton years by raising taxes?

Right now the bottom 40% pay 0% of the federal income tax, the top 10% pay 70% and the rest (me) pay 30% of the total tax revenue.

If we tax the top at 1% 100% its not enough money to cover the defecit, if we tax the top 10% at 100% its enough to cover the defecit but not enough to cover our unfunded liabilities (SS Medi). Therefore we can't do it with taxes alone.

We need to cut spending also.

I propose raising taxes on everyone from an income of $1.00/year to the very top a flat percentage rate that is applied equally to all income levels. I dont know what the percentage would have to be but I think every american needs to share in the burden and responsibilty of paying for what was spent and is planned to be spent.

so your wrong that tea partiers have no plan to fix it.

....the Federal government actually ran a surplus.
(this was during the Clinton administration)
So what would it take to recreate the conditions where this state of affairs occurred?...

What it took back then was a Republican led legislature ignoring the cries from the Democrats and their press that a surplus would hurt the poor. It also involved gutting defense and raising taxes enough to cause a recession.

This is serious shit.
I agree with option 1

I don't think that most people in this country realize the extent the problem we're facing. Polls have been done that indicate a lot of folks think that all we gotta do is cut the waste in gov't or raise taxes on the rich and the problem is solved. They do not see the need to address Social Security or Medicare/Medicaid. The GOP has refocused a national debate about spendng cuts but Obama and the Dems are trying to shift the focus onto taxing the rich. For political reasons it's hard to believe they will compromise their differences enough to fix the problem. It sure looks like we're going to need a full blown catastrophe to set things onthe right path; it helps that about 70% believe this country is headed on the wrong path but I don't think they know what to do about it.

I don't think that most people in this country realize the extent the problem we're facing. Polls have been done that indicate a lot of folks think that all we gotta do is cut the waste in gov't or raise taxes on the rich and the problem is solved. They do not see the need to address Social Security or Medicare/Medicaid. The GOP has refocused a national debate about spendng cuts but Obama and the Dems are trying to shift the focus onto taxing the rich. For political reasons it's hard to believe they will compromise their differences enough to fix the problem. It sure looks like we're going to need a full blown catastrophe to set things onthe right path; it helps that about 70% believe this country is headed on the wrong path but I don't think they know what to do about it.
Why don't YOU people "get it"?????

:eusa_eh:

Here's an example:

Your mortgage-payment is due.....and, you're runnin'-outta-cash....fast.

Do you:

Do what you CAN, to bring-in MORE CASH, or....

Do you do-what-you-can to cut utility-usage....i.e. cut-spending?????

When they come to take your house, from you, you think they GIVE a flyin'-fuck about how you're using less heat or less electricity????

:eusa_eh:

Good post. You hit the nail on the head my friend. I speak with folks every day who don't have a clue. They don't watch the news or read the paper or even discuss politics.

Clueless doesn't begin to describe it. Jeeze.

Forum List

Back