Why we vet political candidates

Breitbart.tv The B-Cast Interview: Was Obama a Committed Marxist in College?

Why we vet political candidates.
A serious indictment of Obama from one of his school mates .

Obama was given the highest security clearance even before he took the oath of office in order to make the transition even more smooth. Do you honestly think any of his alleged "Marxist" leanings while a college student weren't already known by the FBI? Apparently it was a minor point in THEIR vetting process, so now we're all supposed to believe this Dr. Drew (who is this guy?) just because every right wing publication and blogsite has glommed onto that interview as gospel (and, oooohh, scary)?

Obama has already said a number of times (and in fact, it's in his first book) that he ventured into lots of gray areas in order to grow up and make mature decisions about the direction he wanted to take in life.

This is absurd. Jeezus, Joe McCarthy would have had him already shot at dawn just because Barack Obama may have expressed some opinions that were deemed "Marxist."

The political party vets candidates to determine their ability to win. As of now, it is still legal to explore marxism and other 'grey' areas.

The american people 'vet' candidates by either voting for them or not.

While I am not what you would call an Obama supporter, this looks to me like simple political mudslinging.

Obama was given the highest security clearance even before he took the oath of office in order to make the transition even more smooth. Do you honestly think any of his alleged "Marxist" leanings while a college student weren't already known by the FBI? Apparently it was a minor point in THEIR vetting process, so now we're all supposed to believe this Dr. Drew (who is this guy?) just because every right wing publication and blogsite has glommed onto that interview as gospel (and, oooohh, scary)?

Obama has already said a number of times (and in fact, it's in his first book) that he ventured into lots of gray areas in order to grow up and make mature decisions about the direction he wanted to take in life.

This is absurd. Jeezus, Joe McCarthy would have had him already shot at dawn just because Barack Obama may have expressed some opinions that were deemed "Marxist."
Obama would not met the qualifications to protect himself as a secret service agent .
Obama's progressive pedigree is not in question the direction he chose is clear .
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLiOCKLwq9c]YouTube - David Horowitz: makes an interesting comparison[/ame]

I wonder what the support would have been if the media had let the general public in on the well known secret ,say before Iowa.

Obama would not met the qualifications to protect himself as a secret service agent .
Well then you have no faith in the FBI. Perhaps you should apply for a job. I'm sure they'd be fascinated with your assessment on this particular issue and immediately hire you as chief of their vetting agency.

Obama's progressive pedigree is not in question the direction he chose is clear .
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLiOCKLwq9c]YouTube - David Horowitz: makes an interesting comparison[/ame]
And only an idiot doesn't know that David Horowitz's has an agenda. He couldn't make a name for himself as a leftie, so he crossed over and now he's been stuck in the same position for years.

I wonder what the support would have been if the media had let the general public in on the well known secret ,say before Iowa.

Both of Obama's books were available for anyone to read all about this, including Iowans.

The press completely failed the American people in 2008 and 2009. Some of it continues to fail today. No effort other then rah rah first black man crap reports was made to vet Obama at all.

The press completely failed the American people in 2008 and 2009. Some of it continues to fail today. No effort other then rah rah first black man crap reports was made to vet Obama at all.

In reality though, there's no reason why voters couldn't have done their own vetting.

We don't need the media to hold our hands.

Man oh man I would hate to think what some of my schoolmates that have not seen me since school would say about me.
:D

I would like to think I have gotten my head out of my ass a bit more since then.

Last edited:
Did u hear where the guy said that part of the reason for a welfare state was caused by child labor laws? OMGWTF! Tell me if I heard that wrong. I find it hard to buy anything he says. He's president now anyway.

I call bullshit on this. For one where was he during the campaign?

Thinking of a good story to tell all the right wing media to make lots of money in interviews. Didn't Rush already get tricked once this year? He's going 2 for 2. :lol:

And besides, if Obama was a committed Marxist, then plenty of others would of known and had come forward long ago. I'm calling bullshit.

the democrats knew they were voting for a Marxist. It's obvious that's what they wanted. "We are 5 days away from fundamentally changing The United States of America."

Well then you have no faith in the FBI. Perhaps you should apply for a job. I'm sure they'd be fascinated with your assessment on this particular issue and immediately hire you as chief of their vetting agency.

And only an idiot doesn't know that David Horowitz's has an agenda. He couldn't make a name for himself as a leftie, so he crossed over and now he's been stuck in the same position for years.

Both of Obama's books were available for anyone to read all about this, including Iowans.

Maggie.. Can you fill us in on who it is exactly that does the background check on elected officials?

Maggie, I’m pretty sure you know that representatives, senators, some appointed positions, and the president get whatever security clearance they need to do their jobs, so you know that THAT argument doesn't hold water.

By definition, those highest elective and appointed political position holders have access to classified information that they need to review in the performance of their duties. The classified information which they are privy to is on a need to know basis, and based on that criteria there are certain documents which could be denied to any of those officeholders.

And surely you exaggerate about McCarthy having anyone shot. Being a Marxist would not be a limiting factor for a security clearance for a government official holding a high enough office. However a buck private in the armed forces would probably be denied even a confidential security clearance, which associations would in advance, prevent him (or her) from holding certain occupational specialties, at least back in the Cold War, but not so much now. It is not illegal to be a Marxsist, but being one points to certain ideological propensities.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back