Why we need God

Cmon sausagesailor, noah was a scientist? Of what? All the manure he had to shovel of the ark for 40 days lest it sink?
Check the torah? You mean that jew book of bullshit where god makes them the chosen people? Ya right. They were chosen to be gassed, that's about it. Where was their god then?
Why don't you just stfu and go puff on another sausage.

Hey Gunn Smoker........might wanna look again. Obviously, you are pretty content in your own ignorance and choose to not listen, so jam the cocks back in your ears and go back to getting made water tight.

ok sausageboy, tell us, noah was a scientist of what exactly?

He was considered a scientist because both Abraham and Noah liked to examine how things worked, and teach them to others.

But..........for an idiotic atheist fuckwad like yourself, there is nothing that anyone can tell you as you are way too happy in your own stupidity.

And remember...........ignorance is when you never had the chance to learn. Stupidity, is when you have the chance to learn but don't bother.

Gunn Smoker.....you are stupid.

Question: Do you realize that Abraham, as well as Noah, were scientists, right?

They are the ones that started science.

No, wasn't aware of that at all. Got any evidence for your claim?

I know for a fact that Abraham was considered a preeminent astronomer of his time. Read some of the non-biblical books on Abraham. Youll learn lots.

Noah and Abie never even existed, got any proof they did?

So what did noah study? Apparently nothing, according to you, since you never came up with anything concrete.

Stupidity is believing in a fuckshit stupid book like the bible.
Supreme Stupidity is believing your god comes another planet that you can't even see.

I don't think we need God, but I do think Biker/Sailor and a few others need meds.

Been talking to Dive Can't again, eh Ang?

I personally don't like drugs, don't do drugs, and oh yeah.......by the way........plants ARE NOT DRUGS!

The only way I take medication is when I visit the doctor for some reason. And.........my distaste for hospitals is only matched by my distaste for IsLAME. I don't like doctors unless I need 'em, and I try not to need 'em.

I'll turn 45 July 10th.

Been talking to Dive Can't again, eh Ang?

I personally don't like drugs, don't do drugs, and oh yeah.......by the way........plants ARE NOT DRUGS!

The only way I take medication is when I visit the doctor for some reason. And.........my distaste for hospitals is only matched by my distaste for IsLAME. I don't like doctors unless I need 'em, and I try not to need 'em.

I'll turn 45 July 10th.

Don't bogart that joint, my friend.

Shit no! Puff, puff, pass.........'ear!

But........my tobacco hooka is a thing of beauty! No smoke in the air, as it is all held in under the glass.

Filters through a 1/2 gallon of water as well! Not only that, but you can flavor the smoke, and clean it in 10 minutes (including hoses), using only dishsoap and water.

Interested? I've got the patent!

No, wasn't aware of that at all. Got any evidence for your claim?

I know for a fact that Abraham was considered a preeminent astronomer of his time. Read some of the non-biblical books on Abraham. Youll learn lots.

Avatar, you're a fucking imbecile who thinks your god is an alien from another planet that no one can see. Please stfu and keep your stupidities away from my posts. I have enough dumb shits to deal with already. Thank you.

Weren't they all just astrologers back then?
Besides, are we anymore certain that Abraham actually existed any more than we can say Adam and Eve actually existed?

you've finally suceeded in deflating whatever larger than life image you may have occupied in the minds of twisted philistines.

:clap2:

I don't know about you, but I certainly enjoyed the thread topics about the relative pros and cons of religion. In a nutshell, the reason we need religion is because we need God, and it's unrealistic to perpetuate God without the help of organized religion. We don't necessarily need there to be a real God, but we need for most people to believe there is a real God.

Here is why:

We are all gods... relatively speaking. And by relatively speaking I mean compared to all other life forms that we know about. Consider ants. They are phenominally efficient and successful as a species but they all bow to the queen of their colony. And if you ever watch any specials, we know colonies actually communicate with each other but we don't really understand how. Bottom line, ants do not possess anything that we would consider individual liberty and/or freedom. I doubt they would survive if they all started doing their own thing. But we do get to do our own thing to a degree. A degree that understandably has fluctuated throughout history. But if we don't want to evolve toward what ants have become, we must collectively buy into this notion that on some level, we are all our own individual gods. And the only way to get everyone to buy into this notion is if most believe something exists that is still the boss of everyone. If you value individual liberty and freedom, you should think twice before evangalizing atheism.
:eek:

you've reverted back to teh slime of Randian Objectivism albiet with a taint of common sense. :cool:

Hey.......Buddhists, Taoists, and Jews also believe that we all contain a small piece of God in all of us, and off of that is where the Buddhists take it one step farther to becoming a Buddha.

Remember.............no single person can BE God, but we are all a small piece of Him.

plants ARE NOT DRUGS!

some are, dipshit

Noun

S: (n) drug (a substance that is used as a medicine or narcotic)
WordNet Search - 3.0

[FONT=geneva,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1][FONT=geneva,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]drug. [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=geneva,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]A biologically active compound or mixture used to cure, prevent, or detect disease, to control biological processes, or to alter mental state. [/SIZE][/FONT]http://antoine.frostburg.edu/chem/senese/101/glossary/d.shtml[/SIZE][/FONT]

Any of us can only perceive things by using our senses. That's why science is so useful. Lots of individuals use an approach which has been developed over hundreds of years of human inquiry to try and explain observed phenomena without recourse to mythologies. Before science only religion or some form of metaphysical thinking could explain observed natural phenomena. When science came along there was no need for religion, hence the historical antipathy that religionists have had (and some still have) towards science.

I'm just glad Aristotle came along after Plato. If he hadn't then we'd still be stuck with the Platonic idea that pure reasoning is sufficient to explain everything.

Um ... no. The scientific process began much sooner than that. Imhotep used medical science so well he was elevated to god status when he died, something they did once in a blue moon.

Remember.............no single person can BE God

So you deny the divinity of Yeshua?

The shut the fuck up and stop citing the religion that's built around his divinity

Look asshole.......the divinity of Yeshua is not in question. And, if you had actually READ the Bible (from your posts, it's patently obvious that you don't), you would understand what I'd just said.

"The Father and I are One". That is a direct reference to the soul, which is a small piece of God.

"The Kingdom of God is within". Same deal. It's telling you that God actually lives inside you, provided of course, that you put into practice His rules and Law (Torah).

No. I'm NOT denying the divinity of Yeshua. You are.

New Topics

Forum List

Back