Why We Are Safer

Conservative confession time, something I've yet to see from libs, much less avowed dems. I am against his new amnesty program. I am also against the Medicare prescription program. I've yet to make up my mind on the space program, though it does not strike me as all that inspirational.

I'll vote for him for the tax cuts, resulting in better economy. More importantly, I know I'm safer than 9/10/01 or 9/10/03.

Originally posted by wonderwench
An excellent commentary by Charles Krauthammer on why we are safer due to the removal of Saddam Hussein.

The War on Terrorism has liberated Iraq and Afghanistan, enabling these two countries to begin the first steps towards self-government and democracy; caused Libya and Iran to agree to arms inspections; caused DPRK to re-open negotiations towards nuclear disarmament; flipped Pakistan to assist in combating instead of exporting terrorism....

It did not make the world safer for USA, but for Israël's zionist paranoïd delusions! The zionist PNAC wanted to invade Iraq since many years, they even wrote a letter to Clinton urging him to do so in january 1998. The letter was endorsed by Wolfowitz, Perle, Bennett, Abrams, Rumsfeld, Kristoll, Woolsey, Kagan... All of them considered as fascist and called "the crazies" by the traditional US political arena.
http://www.newamericancentury.org/iraqclintonletter.htm

BTW, if it was true that the world is safer now, why then is there more terrorist threats nowadays than before 9-11 (actually before Iraq's invasion)? Why is Bush still playing with his colors? Whatever theory one can come up with, facts speak for themselves...

BTW, if it was true that the world is safer now, why then is there more terrorist threats nowadays than before 9-11

Uh... correct me if I'm wrong... I havent seen or heard of any passenger airlines being slammed into skyscrapers lately. Have you?:wtf:

Originally posted by lilcountriegal
Uh... correct me if I'm wrong... I havent seen or heard of any passenger airlines being slammed into skyscrapers lately. Have you?:wtf:
Neither before 9-11, have you?

Don't listen to what condi rice says, we arleady knew of the threat of airlines being hijacked and used as missiles.
Thats why we would shoot them down, prevent it from hurting people on the ground.

WE may or may not have heard of this threat but our goverment did BEFORE 9/11.

Originally posted by fort_ludios
It did not make the world safer for USA, but for Israël's zionist paranoïd delusions! The zionist PNAC wanted to invade Iraq since many years, they even wrote a letter to Clinton urging him to do so in january 1998. The letter was endorsed by Wolfowitz, Perle, Bennett, Abrams, Rumsfeld, Kristoll, Woolsey, Kagan... All of them considered as fascist and called "the crazies" by the traditional US political arena.
http://www.newamericancentury.org/iraqclintonletter.htm

BTW, if it was true that the world is safer now, why then is there more terrorist threats nowadays than before 9-11 (actually before Iraq's invasion)? Why is Bush still playing with his colors? Whatever theory one can come up with, facts speak for themselves...

Wow! Are you in need of a big whack with a ClueStick (tm).

War has been declared upon the U.S. and Western Civilization by Radical Fundamental Islamists. They are supported by a network of nations and borderless organizations - both financially and logistically. Their hatred of the West has been fomenting for centuries. This is not an instant gratification process.

If you want to see a real fascist, btw, take a long hard look at Hillary Clinton.

I find her to be quite useful for dieting. One look and I lose my appetite.

:D

It is less about her features and person - and more about her attitude and persona.

She is a phony, insincere user.

And it emanates from her.

Originally posted by jimnyc
I will, while you lie there with your paranoid delusions.

I don't have any trouble sleeping at night. And just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you. ;)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A23308-2004Jan16.html

washingtonpost.com
Va. Jihad Activist Pleads Guilty
Royer Denies Intending to Harm Americans

By Jerry Markon
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, January 16, 2004; 3:00 PM

A key member of an alleged Virginia jihad network pleaded guilty to federal weapons and explosives charges today, denying that he intended to harm Americans but acknowledging that he and his co-defendants had sought to fight on behalf of Muslim causes abroad.

Randall Todd Royer, 30, of Falls Church, entered his surprise plea in U.S. District Court in Alexandria. He faces at least 20 years in prison when he is sentenced April 9. Another of the 11 men originally charged in the case, Ibrahim Ahmed al-Hamdi, 26, of Alexandria, pleaded guilty to similar charges and faces at least 15 years in prison.

A St. Louis native who became an activist for Muslim causes, Royer was at the center of the government's case against a group of men who played paintball in the Virginia countryside to prepare for jihad training that could have targeted the United States, prosecutors say. By his own admission, he played a key role in organizing the men.

Today's court action brings to six the number of men who have pleaded guilty in the high-profile case that the Justice Department had publicized as an important milestone in the war on terrorism. A federal grand jury originally charged the 11 men in June with weapons counts and with training with Lashkar-i-Taiba, a group that is trying to drive India from Kashmir and has been labeled a terrorist organization by the U.S. government.

"Our success in the war on terrorism depends on our ability to gain the cooperation of those who have information about the global terrorist network," said Attorney General John D. Ashcroft. "Today's pleas accomplish that goal and provide tough sentences for those who would join with and support our terrorist enemies."

The men -- all but one from the Washington suburbs and nine of them U.S. citizens -- were accused of possessing a variety of weapons and practicing military tactics during their paintball games. Four of them pleaded guilty before today, and have been sentenced to prison terms ranging from less than four years to 11 1/2 years.

In September, the charges were upgraded against the seven remaining defendants. Two, including Royer, were charged in the new indictment with conspiring to provide material support to Osama bin Laden's al Qaeda organization and to his Taliban protectors in Afghanistan. A third is accused of supplying services to the Taliban.

Those charges against Royer were dropped in exchange for today's plea. Four of the other defendants still facing charges are scheduled to go on trial in February; a seventh faces trial in March. It was unclear what affect today's pleas will have on the remaining defendants. The plea deals require Royer and al-Hamdi to cooperate with prosecutors.

Royer said he took "full responsibility for my actions" as he entered his plea before U.S. District Judge Leonie M. Brinkema. He pleaded guilty to one count of using and discharging a firearm during and in relation to a crime of violence, and with carrying an explosive during the commission of a felony.

His lawyer, John Nassikas, said Royer admits that an object of the conspiracy was to fight against India in violation of U.S. law. But he denied the contention of prosecutors, and at least one other defendant, that the men may have taken up arms against the United States or American soldiers.

"Mr. Royer has never had any desire or intent to hurt Americans or American soldiers at any time," he said.

© 2004 The Washington Post Company

Forum List

Back