Why Was There a Separate Black Rally Saturday??

I call 'em like I see 'em. If there were a bunch of fucks walking around in white robes I would call it a Klan rally, the fact that one white person out of a thousand was there still doesn't make it a non-black rally. Did you even listen to Sharptons speech? He damn sure wasn't talking as if he had a coalition of races in attendance. Wake the fuck up!

I heard bits and pieces. Sharpton's speeches are predictable, he's being saying the same tired shit since before I was born, so I tend not to listen. Once he started chanting "what do we want....? When do we want it? Now!" ...I changed the channel.

As for the "klan rally" the klan is an organization not a race of people. If I see a bunch of black people together at a rally I can assume that maybe the rally is taking place where there might be alot of black people living there? Not neccesarily that white folks aren't aloud.

One thing I did notice going over some video from the news broadcasts it was mostly old people at the Sharpton rally from what I could see.

Maybe it was an old people rally?

No one has said that whites weren't allowed at Sharpton's rally. I'm saying that it was 99 percent black folk attending and that in itself deems it a black rally. Old black folk rally perhaps, because as I said there was maybe a handful of whites there and that's a very generous estimate. It would be no different if there were a couple of thousand hispanics with only or two blacks or whites, I would call it an hispanic rally.

I wouldn't call a tea party rally in Montana a "white rally", I'd call it a "tea party rally". It sounds to me like you are doing the same kind of race baiting liberals do to attempt to discredit the tea partiers.

1. There was no separate "black rally". People of color (in general) celebrate Dr Kings "I have a dream" speech every year with marches & rallies. There were numerous others in the DC area including one at Anne Arundel Community College, there was also one in Baltimore. I know of a few being held outside of the area including one in Richmond and one in Detroit, because those were carried live on the christian station the "word network", and I just happened to flip past it. This was not a "black alternative" rally, it had a specific purpose whether or not Beck's rally were to take place.

2. This telling black people who they should vote for, from both sides is really truthfully getting rediculous.

3. I'd like to see the estimates that put more blacks at Beckies rally then Sharpton's. I live in the area and can tell you 9 out of 10 black people living HERE were pissed that the shit was going down in our area at all. I personally feel it was a disgrace to Dr King and my religious faith, but I didn't go to either rally, simply because I don't waist my time with such things and chose togo to the State Fair instead. Huge crowd, black and white. Had a pretty good time, girl I was with drained my pocket though.lol

How many white folk were there at Sharpton's rally? I counted one.

White people are discouraged from going to black rallies, particularly if Sharpton is involved. Its cool though, they are still welcome at our rallies. We wont make them uncomfortable by constantly shouting obscenities about people that arent white. White people rarely discriminate, but when they do, other white people dont put up with it. We keep our people in check.

Sharptons audiance was mostly black at this rally honoring MLK
Becks audiance was mostly white at this rally honoring Beck.

whats the issue here?

Sharptons audiance was mostly black at this rally honoring MLK
Becks audiance was mostly white at this rally honoring Beck.

whats the issue here?
except there were more blacks at Becks rally than at Sharptons

1. There was no separate "black rally". People of color (in general) celebrate Dr Kings "I have a dream" speech every year with marches & rallies. There were numerous others in the DC area including one at Anne Arundel Community College, there was also one in Baltimore. I know of a few being held outside of the area including one in Richmond and one in Detroit, because those were carried live on the christian station the "word network", and I just happened to flip past it. This was not a "black alternative" rally, it had a specific purpose whether or not Beck's rally were to take place.

2. This telling black people who they should vote for, from both sides is really truthfully getting rediculous.

3. I'd like to see the estimates that put more blacks at Beckies rally then Sharpton's. I live in the area and can tell you 9 out of 10 black people living HERE were pissed that the shit was going down in our area at all. I personally feel it was a disgrace to Dr King and my religious faith, but I didn't go to either rally, simply because I don't waist my time with such things and chose togo to the State Fair instead. Huge crowd, black and white. Had a pretty good time, girl I was with drained my pocket though.lol

How many white folk were there at Sharpton's rally? I counted one.

White people are discouraged from going to black rallies, particularly if Sharpton is involved. Its cool though, they are still welcome at our rallies. We wont make them uncomfortable by constantly shouting obscenities about people that arent white. White people rarely discriminate, but when they do, other white people dont put up with it. We keep our people in check.

You're an idiot.:cool:

I heard bits and pieces. Sharpton's speeches are predictable, he's being saying the same tired shit since before I was born, so I tend not to listen. Once he started chanting "what do we want....? When do we want it? Now!" ...I changed the channel.

As for the "klan rally" the klan is an organization not a race of people. If I see a bunch of black people together at a rally I can assume that maybe the rally is taking place where there might be alot of black people living there? Not neccesarily that white folks aren't aloud.

One thing I did notice going over some video from the news broadcasts it was mostly old people at the Sharpton rally from what I could see.

Maybe it was an old people rally?

No one has said that whites weren't allowed at Sharpton's rally. I'm saying that it was 99 percent black folk attending and that in itself deems it a black rally. Old black folk rally perhaps, because as I said there was maybe a handful of whites there and that's a very generous estimate. It would be no different if there were a couple of thousand hispanics with only or two blacks or whites, I would call it an hispanic rally.

I wouldn't call a tea party rally in Montana a "white rally", I'd call it a "tea party rally". It sounds to me like you are doing the same kind of race baiting liberals do to attempt to discredit the tea partiers.

Well this is the thing. When blacks like Shaprton claim MLK day is "their" day, he damn sure ain't including white folk now is he? So when a rally is held in honor of "their" day, I think it's not inaccurate to call it a black rally.

Well this is the thing. When blacks like Shaprton claim MLK day is "their" day, he damn sure ain't including white folk now is he? So when a rally is held in honor of "their" day, I think it's not inaccurate to call it a black rally.

When did Sharpton say that? I need quotes, because what I've heard Sharpton say is that he believed that Glenn Beck was a mockery to Dr. King's day simply because Beck and King wouldn't have seen eye to eye at all on crucial issues like states rights, the economy, reparations, etc.

When did Sharpton say that? I need quotes, because what I've heard Sharpton say is that he believed that Glenn Beck was a mockery to Dr. King's day simply because Beck and King wouldn't have seen eye to eye at all on crucial issues like states rights, the economy, reparations, etc.

I'm looking for a quote on this. I heard him say it on the news though.

This from Google - strangly missing in the story though.
Rally aims to 'Reclaim the Dream' - CNN.com
Aug 28, 2010 ... "This is our day and we ain't giving it away," said Sharpton, who reminded the crowd that much civil rights progress has been seen in the ...
www.cnn.com/2010/US/08/28/us.march.on.../index.html - Cached

Last edited:

In his speech on the 28th. Didn't you listen to it? He said and I quote. " We will reclaim the dream. It was ours from the beginning. A dream that we will make reality" and he also stated "This is our day and we ain't giving it away," '

Rally aims to 'Reclaim the Dream' - CNN

Finally, after years of using the race card, people like Sharpton, Jackson, etc, are losing their power. Now we can ALL be Americans and be judged on the content of their character instead of the color of their skin.

Forum List

Back