Why Was There a Separate Black Rally Saturday??

1. There was no separate "black rally". People of color (in general) celebrate Dr Kings "I have a dream" speech every year with marches & rallies. There were numerous others in the DC area including one at Anne Arundel Community College, there was also one in Baltimore. I know of a few being held outside of the area including one in Richmond and one in Detroit, because those were carried live on the christian station the "word network", and I just happened to flip past it. This was not a "black alternative" rally, it had a specific purpose whether or not Beck's rally were to take place.

2. This telling black people who they should vote for, from both sides is really truthfully getting rediculous.

3. I'd like to see the estimates that put more blacks at Beckies rally then Sharpton's. I live in the area and can tell you 9 out of 10 black people living HERE were pissed that the shit was going down in our area at all. I personally feel it was a disgrace to Dr King and my religious faith, but I didn't go to either rally, simply because I don't waist my time with such things and chose togo to the State Fair instead. Huge crowd, black and white. Had a pretty good time, girl I was with drained my pocket though.lol

How many white folk were there at Sharpton's rally? I counted one.

Learn to read. I wasn't there, so I couldn't tell you.

You stated there was no black rally. But you weren't there. So how the fuck can you tell anyone anything? I was there, and yes it amounted to a "black rally" given the fact that there may have been one or two whites in attendance and the rest were black.

You look at Beck's rally there were as many blacks there as Sharpton had at his rally.

You know you really shouldn't talk about things that you know nothing of.

Because Sharpton wants to stay relevant to his base.

Someone, I forget who, described Sharpton as an ambulance chaser. That's what he does alright. He had to have a separate rally simply because the "Other side" was having a rally. Nothing more than scoring points as you say.

Sharpton is a race baiter, that's his job. If there were no racism he would be unemployed.

1. There was no separate "black rally". People of color (in general) celebrate Dr Kings "I have a dream" speech every year with marches & rallies. There were numerous others in the DC area including one at Anne Arundel Community College, there was also one in Baltimore. I know of a few being held outside of the area including one in Richmond and one in Detroit, because those were carried live on the christian station the "word network", and I just happened to flip past it. This was not a "black alternative" rally, it had a specific purpose whether or not Beck's rally were to take place.

2. This telling black people who they should vote for, from both sides is really truthfully getting rediculous.

3. I'd like to see the estimates that put more blacks at Beckies rally then Sharpton's. I live in the area and can tell you 9 out of 10 black people living HERE were pissed that the shit was going down in our area at all. I personally feel it was a disgrace to Dr King and my religious faith, but I didn't go to either rally, simply because I don't waist my time with such things and chose togo to the State Fair instead. Huge crowd, black and white. Had a pretty good time, girl I was with drained my pocket though.lol

Did Sharton post a picture and say, " See, we have white people too"?

No, because conservatives don't have to point figures and whine about racism.... That's a leftie whine.

Someone, I forget who, described Sharpton as an ambulance chaser. That's what he does alright. He had to have a separate rally simply because the "Other side" was having a rally. Nothing more than scoring points as you say.

This is really the last flipping time I'm going to say this... so please, like really, PAY ATTENTION:

Sharpton and Tom Joyner and company have those rallies EVERY YEAR to commemorate Dr. King's I have a dream rally. Sharpton would have had that rally whether or not "the other side" was going to be there. The damn rally was in the planning stages before anyone even knew Beck was coming to DC. The rally in DC was not the only rally taking place in the DC area at the same time for the same reason. There was one on the other side of I-95. There was another in Baltimore. PLEASE tea party people GET THE HELL OVER YOURSELVES.

Your not saving America.
Your not "restoring honor".
God is pissed at your religious mockery.
And your political effects on this nation will last no further then this coming election.

Oh... and nobody was planning a rally in response to Glen Beck.

You stated there was no black rally. But you weren't there. So how the fuck can you tell anyone anything? I was there, and yes it amounted to a "black rally" given the fact that there may have been one or two whites in attendance and the rest were black.

You look at Beck's rally there were as many blacks there as Sharpton had at his rally.

So because there were almost no white people there that means that the rally was a "black rally".

You sound like a liberal.

Did Sharpton come out and say "no whites are aloud at this rally"? Or did white people just choose not to go?

The fact is Sharpton had a rally.

Glen Beck had a rally.

Glen Beck's was about "restoring honor to America".

Sharpton's was about "remembering the dream", and is pretty much a normal annual event for the DC region.

People (black, white, hispanic, or asian) went to which ever one they perferred.

End of story.:cuckoo:

This is really the last flipping time I'm going to say this... so please, like really, PAY ATTENTION:

Sharpton and Tom Joyner and company have those rallies EVERY YEAR to commemorate Dr. King's I have a dream rally. Sharpton would have had that rally whether or not "the other side" was going to be there. The damn rally was in the planning stages before anyone even knew Beck was coming to DC. The rally in DC was not the only rally taking place in the DC area at the same time for the same reason. There was one on the other side of I-95. There was another in Baltimore. PLEASE tea party people GET THE HELL OVER YOURSELVES.

Your not saving America.
And your political effects on this nation will last no further then this coming election.

:eusa_eh: So Sharpton et al honor MLK every year but for some reason Beck suddenly decided to honor MLK? Interesting.

Your not saving America.

:eusa_eh: So Sharpton et al honor MLK every year but for some reason Beck suddenly decided to honor MLK? Interesting.

Do you have any actual factual evidence that Beck knew the relevance of the date? No. Do you have any factual evidence that this was anything other than a coincidence? And that, once he realized the relevance of the date - he decided that it would be the honorable thing to do to include commemorating MLK? No.

You project your political views onto a subject where the facts don't suit your view. Interesting.

So because there were almost no white people there that means that the rally was a "black rally".

Did Sharpton come out and say "no whites are aloud at this rally"? Or did white people just choose not to go?

Glen Beck had a rally.

Sharpton's was about "remembering the dream", and is pretty much a normal annual event for the DC region.

People (black, white, hispanic, or asian) went to which ever one they perferred.

I call 'em like I see 'em. If there were a bunch of fucks walking around in white robes I would call it a Klan rally, the fact that one white person out of a thousand was there still doesn't make it a non-black rally. Did you even listen to Sharptons speech? He damn sure wasn't talking as if he had a coalition of races in attendance. Wake the fuck up!

Your not saving America.

Do you have any actual factual evidence that Beck knew the relevance of the date? No. Do you have any factual evidence that this was anything other than a coincidence? And that, once he realized the relevance of the date - he decided that it would be the honorable thing to do to include commemorating MLK? No.

You project your political views onto a subject where the facts don't suit your view. Interesting.
No, I wouldn't expect Beck to know anything about MLK's speech...which makes it all the more shameless that at the last minute he pretended to revere him and "include" him in his rally.

No, I wouldn't expect Beck to know anything about MLK's speech...which makes it all the more shameless that at the last minute he pretended to revere him and "include" him in his rally.
thats because you are clueless and a hyper partisan hack

Glen Beck had a rally.

I call 'em like I see 'em. If there were a bunch of fucks walking around in white robes I would call it a Klan rally, the fact that one white person out of a thousand was there still doesn't make it a non-black rally. Did you even listen to Sharptons speech? He damn sure wasn't talking as if he had a coalition of races in attendance. Wake the fuck up!

I heard bits and pieces. Sharpton's speeches are predictable, he's being saying the same tired shit since before I was born, so I tend not to listen. Once he started chanting "what do we want....? When do we want it? Now!" ...I changed the channel.

As for the "klan rally" the klan is an organization not a race of people. If I see a bunch of black people together at a rally I can assume that maybe the rally is taking place where there might be alot of black people living there? Not neccesarily that white folks aren't aloud.

One thing I did notice going over some video from the news broadcasts it was mostly old people at the Sharpton rally from what I could see.

Maybe it was an old people rally?

Why Was There a Separate Black Rally Saturday??

Because that's what Sharpton does.

Sharpton spoke to a mostly black cowd on MLK's anniversary of his historic speach. (Makes sense)

Beck spoke to a mostly white crow on MLK's anniversary of his historic speach. (Makes sense, he is Fox)

Whats the problem...?
yet it is very likely there were more blacks at Becks rally than Sharptons

:eusa_whistle:

Glen Beck had a rally.

I heard bits and pieces. Sharpton's speeches are predictable, he's being saying the same tired shit since before I was born, so I tend not to listen. Once he started chanting "what do we want....? When do we want it? Now!" ...I changed the channel.

As for the "klan rally" the klan is an organization not a race of people. If I see a bunch of black people together at a rally I can assume that maybe the rally is taking place where there might be alot of black people living there? Not neccesarily that white folks aren't aloud.

One thing I did notice going over some video from the news broadcasts it was mostly old people at the Sharpton rally from what I could see.

Maybe it was an old people rally?

No one has said that whites weren't allowed at Sharpton's rally. I'm saying that it was 99 percent black folk attending and that in itself deems it a black rally. Old black folk rally perhaps, because as I said there was maybe a handful of whites there and that's a very generous estimate. It would be no different if there were a couple of thousand hispanics with only or two blacks or whites, I would call it an hispanic rally.

Forum List

Back