Why Was There a Separate Black Rally Saturday??

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
So, the Beck rally was a white or Republican rally?

While talking a great game, it is well known by all except liberals in general, and the Black community specifically, that the Democrat Party claims to be concerned with support of blacks, their record with respect to black politicians tells a different story…

1. In 2005, the Democrats did not name Donna Brazile to head the Democratic National Committee. They chose Howard Dean.

2. “Gov. David A. Paterson defiantly vowed to run for election next year despite the White House‘s urging that he withdraw from the New York governor’s race.” http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/20/nyregion/20paterson.html

3. President Barack Obama has kept mum on the fate of Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY) for days -- but he tells CBS News that it's time for the embattled 80-year-old former Ways and Means Chairman to end his career "with dignity."

"I think Charlie Rangel served a very long time and served-- his constituents very well. But these-- allegations are very troubling," Obama told Harry Smith in an interview to be aired on the "Early Show." and first broadcast on the CBS Evening News with Katie Couric. http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0710
/Obama_Time_for_Rangel_to_end_career_with_dignity.html

4 Harold Ford was told not to run for Senator from New York:
“From the start, Mr. Ford’s potential candidacy angered national Democratic Party leaders by disrupting plans for what was planned as a seamless Gillibrand nomination. Harry Reid of Nevada, the Senate majority leader, called Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg to discourage him from supporting Mr. Ford, and Senator Charles E. Schumer of New York met personally with Mr. Ford to argue against his candidacy.” http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/02/nyregion/02ford.html

5. “As state comptroller, [Carl] McCall earned the distinction of being the first African American ever elected to a statewide office in New York. Four years later voters overwhelmingly supported McCall over Republican Bruce Blakeman 64.75 to 32.1%. McCall's reelection in 1998 may have given him the confidence he needed in order to pursue the governor's mansion….The McCall campaign had the support of the Democratic Party; whether or not McCall had the party's full support has been the subject of much debate….Still one wonders just how committed the party was to McCall's campaign….shunned by some of the state's most respected Democrats…McCall blamed his money woes on the national Democratic Party, claiming that the party had abandoned his campaign….” H. Carl McCall for Governor: a lesson to all black high-profile statewide office seekers. - Free Online Library

6. And, most telling, Bill Clinton’s remarks about the black candidate for the presidency:
“[A]s Hillary bungled Caroline, Bill’s handling of Ted was even worse. The day after Iowa, he phoned Kennedy and pressed for an endorsement, making the case for his wife. But Bill then went on, belittling Obama in a manner that deeply offended Kennedy. Recounting the conversation later to a friend, Teddy fumed that Clinton had said, A few years ago, this guy would have been getting us coffee.”
Teddy's anger - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

So, I'm wondering...when do blacks realize that they should have been shoulder to shoulder with Beck and the white folks?

1. There was no separate "black rally". People of color (in general) celebrate Dr Kings "I have a dream" speech every year with marches & rallies. There were numerous others in the DC area including one at Anne Arundel Community College, there was also one in Baltimore. I know of a few being held outside of the area including one in Richmond and one in Detroit, because those were carried live on the christian station the "word network", and I just happened to flip past it. This was not a "black alternative" rally, it had a specific purpose whether or not Beck's rally were to take place.

2. This telling black people who they should vote for, from both sides is really truthfully getting rediculous.

3. I'd like to see the estimates that put more blacks at Beckies rally then Sharpton's. I live in the area and can tell you 9 out of 10 black people living HERE were pissed that the shit was going down in our area at all. I personally feel it was a disgrace to Dr King and my religious faith, but I didn't go to either rally, simply because I don't waist my time with such things and chose togo to the State Fair instead. Huge crowd, black and white. Had a pretty good time, girl I was with drained my pocket though.lol

Last edited:
1. There was no separate "black rally". People of color (in general) celebrate Dr Kings "I have a dream" speech every year with marches & rallies. There were numerous others in the DC area including one at Anne Arundel Community College, there was also one in Baltimore. I know of a few being held outside of the area including one in Richmond and one in Detroit, because those were carried live on the christian station the "word network", and I just happened to flip past it. This was not a "black alternative" rally, it had a specific purpose whether or not Beck's rally were to take place.

2. This telling black people who they should vote for, from both sides is really truthfully getting rediculous.

3. I'd like to see the estimates that put more blacks at Beckies rally then Sharpton's. I live in the area and can tell you 9 out of 10 black people living HERE were pissed that the shit was going down in our area at all. I personally feel it was a disgrace to Dr King and my religious faith, but I didn't go to either rally, simply because I don't waist my time with such things and chose togo to the State Fair instead. Huge crowd, black and white. Had a pretty good time, girl I was with drained my pocket though.lol

How many white folk were there at Sharpton's rally? I counted one.

Did Sharton post a picture and say, " See, we have white people too"?

Did Sharton post a picture and say, " See, we have white people too"?

I don't know did he? Did Beck?

That area belongs to all Americans.

Before this thread gets derailed by your silly little interpretation of what I said. . .

when I said "in our area" I meant the Washington DC Metro area, as in many were pissed that people who follow Sarah who defends people who say the n-word on the radio while boohooing about somebody saying "retard" were having a religious rally in our backyards.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Learn to read. I wasn't there, so I couldn't tell you.

I wonder if you would care to comment on the thrust of the OP, that is that the Democrat Party reaps the benefits of the black vote, yet fails, consistently, to support aspirations of black canditates in favor of white.

So, the Beck rally was a white or Republican rally?

While talking a great game, it is well known by all except liberals in general, and the Black community specifically, that the Democrat Party claims to be concerned with support of blacks, their record with respect to black politicians tells a different story…

1. In 2005, the Democrats did not name Donna Brazile to head the Democratic National Committee. They chose Howard Dean.

2. “Gov. David A. Paterson defiantly vowed to run for election next year despite the White House‘s urging that he withdraw from the New York governor’s race.” http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/20/nyregion/20paterson.html

3. President Barack Obama has kept mum on the fate of Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY) for days -- but he tells CBS News that it's time for the embattled 80-year-old former Ways and Means Chairman to end his career "with dignity."

"I think Charlie Rangel served a very long time and served-- his constituents very well. But these-- allegations are very troubling," Obama told Harry Smith in an interview to be aired on the "Early Show." and first broadcast on the CBS Evening News with Katie Couric. http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0710
/Obama_Time_for_Rangel_to_end_career_with_dignity.html

4 Harold Ford was told not to run for Senator from New York:
“From the start, Mr. Ford’s potential candidacy angered national Democratic Party leaders by disrupting plans for what was planned as a seamless Gillibrand nomination. Harry Reid of Nevada, the Senate majority leader, called Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg to discourage him from supporting Mr. Ford, and Senator Charles E. Schumer of New York met personally with Mr. Ford to argue against his candidacy.” http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/02/nyregion/02ford.html

5. “As state comptroller, [Carl] McCall earned the distinction of being the first African American ever elected to a statewide office in New York. Four years later voters overwhelmingly supported McCall over Republican Bruce Blakeman 64.75 to 32.1%. McCall's reelection in 1998 may have given him the confidence he needed in order to pursue the governor's mansion….The McCall campaign had the support of the Democratic Party; whether or not McCall had the party's full support has been the subject of much debate….Still one wonders just how committed the party was to McCall's campaign….shunned by some of the state's most respected Democrats…McCall blamed his money woes on the national Democratic Party, claiming that the party had abandoned his campaign….” H. Carl McCall for Governor: a lesson to all black high-profile statewide office seekers. - Free Online Library

6. And, most telling, Bill Clinton’s remarks about the black candidate for the presidency:
“[A]s Hillary bungled Caroline, Bill’s handling of Ted was even worse. The day after Iowa, he phoned Kennedy and pressed for an endorsement, making the case for his wife. But Bill then went on, belittling Obama in a manner that deeply offended Kennedy. Recounting the conversation later to a friend, Teddy fumed that Clinton had said, A few years ago, this guy would have been getting us coffee.”
Teddy's anger - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

So, I'm wondering...when do blacks realize that they should have been shoulder to shoulder with Beck and the white folks?

Later, Wallace again pressed Beck on the economic dimension to the civil rights movement, noting that King was assassinated while leading the Poor People's Campaign and that King "advocated what he called an economic bill of rights, guaranteeing everyone a job." Wallace then said to Beck: "I mean, you may say, well, that's not your civil rights movement, but it was Martin Luther King's."

Beck's response? "Well, I'm not Martin Luther King. Martin Luther King would have to stand for Martin Luther King -- let his words stand where they are."

That's quite a backtrack by Beck, who previously claimed he sought to "pick up Martin Luther King's dream that has been distorted and lost" with his 8-28 rally; compared the rally to King's "I have a dream" speech; and called it "divine providence" that the rally would be on the anniversary of that speech.

Meltdown: Beck blasts key part of MLK's dream | Media Matters for America

The thread is, "Why Was There a Separate Black Rally Saturday??"

The simple answer is because Beck distorted a legacy he tried to "steal".

I wonder if you would care to comment on the thrust of the OP, that is that the Democrat Party reaps the benefits of the black vote, yet fails, consistently, to support aspirations of black canditates in favor of white.

I'd actually agree. Personally, I think the elite of BOTH parties do a good job of exploiting the votes of various minority groups and demographics. Which is why, along with the fact that I am fiscally conservative, I have no problem voting for a republican and admitting so as a black person and I'm currently a registered republican. Do I think that blacks have one ideology no, I do recognize however that the vast majority of us are concentrated within one party and that each party has something to gain from exploiting the votes of certain interest groups. Black democrats compose a large interest group within the party one that I think is underrepresented and in some case exploited by that party.

Before this thread gets derailed by your silly little interpretation of what I said. . .

when I said "in our area" I meant the Washington DC Metro area, as in many were pissed that people who follow Sarah who defends people who say the n-word on the radio while boohooing about somebody saying "retard" were having a religious rally in our backyards.

Feel free to move as soon as the housing market picks back up.:lol:

I'd actually agree. Personally, I think the elite of BOTH parties do a good job of exploiting the votes of various minority groups and demographics. Which is why, along with the fact that I am fiscally conservative, I have no problem voting for a republican and admitting so as a black person and I'm currently a registered republican. Do I think that blacks have one ideology no, I do recognize however that the vast majority of us are concentrated within one party and that each party has something to gain from exploiting the votes of certain interest groups. Black democrats compose a large interest group within the party one that I think is underrepresented and in some case exploited by that party.
:eek: IMPOSSIBLE!!

just ask rdean

:lol:

Beck's rally was the "separate" one. African Americans have been holding rallies there on that day for years.

Because Sharpton wants to stay relevant to his base.

Someone, I forget who, described Sharpton as an ambulance chaser. That's what he does alright. He had to have a separate rally simply because the "Other side" was having a rally. Nothing more than scoring points as you say.

Just goes to show that none of that is really about race. By that I mean that both parties exploit whatever they can to win votes. It's the M.O. of career politicians. Redistricting so they have a better chance to win, all the way to exploiting any group so they can get the votes.

Forum List

Back