Why was the cure for homosexuality defended?

Also I met a really hot and cool girl once, who took on one of my gay friends and straightened him out. Then what does he do? Dumps her. So scientifically, do you really not observe a level of abuse or some stress disorder in this?

You are correct as to two sexes, but human behavior, specifically sexual preference, is a different, albeit related, topic.

We can discuss biological sex and the reproductive cycle in hard scientific terms, but love? Not so easily done. Sexual fetishes, desires, habits and preferences are different. Some things are choice, but some are not. You didn't choose to be straight and neither did I, but that's the way we are.

Love? Now that is interesting even more. I would like to postulate that homosexual love is a form of abuse. Many people fail to distinguish between love and abuse, even in heterosexual relationships or non sexual relationships. Homosexual love is abuse because it starts with hurting the body, simple.

Holy shit! Seriously!! I have to admit that I don't think that I've heard that particular piece of bigoted bovine excrement before- and I've heard a lot!

What I can answer to your response here is, that feminine gays don't even have shelters to escape to, like battered women do, because being gay is cool, and so they can't even think for themselves. Absolutely horrible. In the case of gays, the entire society gas lights you. At least for women, only the wife beater gas lights them. But for gays, the entire society gas lights them, especially school and tv. Absolutely horrible.
Awesome opinion. Still waiting for your scientific evidence.

Okay, observation counts for science, right? I observed these things. My gf too is chronically afraid that what if I am gay to.
It can be, but observation needs to be verified. If you observe a magician pulling a coin out of your ear, does that prove magic is real?

If your GF is concerned, then that tells me you are too focused upon the subject. Here are three primary thoughts:
1) We're all human. We all fuck up but we also all do good. We all experience both good and bad things. Some more than others.

2) To quote Popeye, "I yam what I yam". Live it, be it, enjoy it.

3) As a libertarian, I don't give a shit what anyone is, just don't do it on my lawn or make me pay for it. God Bless America! :)

Do you need scientific proof that gays can't even mentally escape their abuse, because the entire society holds them down there? At least women have battered women shelters. Gays first must be labeling themselves uncool to dare protect themselves. Abuse legalized at national level. A form of hell. Totally horrible.
Yes, I do. Are you admitting you don't have any scientific evidence of your gay "abuse" theories?

You never answered the question if you've ever had homosexual experiences, either willingly or forced. Your choice to answer, but hate always has a basis.

Okay. Do you know that half of girls dump guys because they think that the guys are gay? I have a few friends that had to prove that they were not gay.
Never had that problem, but I was 18 in 1974. How old are you, if you don't mind answering.

"learnt" behavior. Have you ever actually read any of the scientific literature on the subject? I'm sure that you have not. You prefer to be willfully ignorant and wallow in your bigotry
Over complicating what, exactly? Sex is binary. People are over thinking this. Sexual reproduction IS one thing, but this game people are playing here defies logic. There are various nuances on sex, with 6 sexes now....please, this isn't quantum physics. Only one female and one male can reproduce. Quite simple. Let's don't make this more complicated than that.
You are correct as to two sexes, but human behavior, specifically sexual preference, is a different, albeit related, topic.

We can discuss biological sex and the reproductive cycle in hard scientific terms, but love? Not so easily done. Sexual fetishes, desires, habits and preferences are different. Some things are choice, but some are not. You didn't choose to be straight and neither did I, but that's the way we are.

Love? Now that is interesting even more. I would like to postulate that homosexual love is a form of abuse. Many people fail to distinguish between love and abuse, even in heterosexual relationships or non sexual relationships. Homosexual love is abuse because it starts with hurting the body, simple.

Holy shit! Seriously!! I have to admit that I don't think that I've heard that particular piece of bigoted bovine excrement before- and I've heard a lot!

What I can answer to your response here is, that feminine gays don't even have shelters to escape to, like battered women do, because being gay is cool, and so they can't even think for themselves. Absolutely horrible. In the case of gays, the entire society gas lights you. At least for women, only the wife beater gas lights them. But for gays, the entire society gas lights them, especially school and tv. Absolutely horrible.
That is just fucking psychotic and idiotic horseshit!

Awesome opinion. Still waiting for your scientific evidence.

Okay, observation counts for science, right? I observed these things. My gf too is chronically afraid that what if I am gay to.
It can be, but observation needs to be verified. If you observe a magician pulling a coin out of your ear, does that prove magic is real?

If your GF is concerned, then that tells me you are too focused upon the subject. Here are three primary thoughts:
1) We're all human. We all fuck up but we also all do good. We all experience both good and bad things. Some more than others.

2) To quote Popeye, "I yam what I yam". Live it, be it, enjoy it.

3) As a libertarian, I don't give a shit what anyone is, just don't do it on my lawn or make me pay for it. God Bless America! :)

I can't agree because I can't help think that sometimes we must help our friends. IN my school, there was this very big gay guy who used to give me big hugs and protective attitude and all that crap which I hated because I was not gay. Then he did it to my friend. With him I think he may have succeeded because my friend dumped the girl I got for him. This is horrible. I think I observed, that gays, at least feminine gays are not sexually active in a homosexual manner, until a gay aggressor comes down on them. If we could stop masculine gays, then feminine gays would be heterosexual. This is my observation. I am worried.

Also I met a really hot and cool girl once, who took on one of my gay friends and straightened him out. Then what does he do? Dumps her. So scientifically, do you really not observe a level of abuse or some stress disorder in this?
Still refusing to deal with the issue of bisexuality and lifestyle vs, sexual orientation? That shows how narrow minded, ridged and anti intellectual you really are,

Still refusing to deal with the issue of bisexuality and lifestyle vs, sexual orientation? That shows how narrow minded, ridged and anti intellectual you really are,

Okay, let's look at the bi sexual lifestyle and sexual orientation. How is it a good feeling if a guy decides to put you under his "protection"?

Okay, let's look at the bi sexual lifestyle and sexual orientation. How is it a good feeling if a guy decides to put you under his "protection"?
:confused-84::confused-84::confused-84::lame2:

Yes, Homosexuality Absolutely is A Choice Yes, Homosexuality Absolutely is A Choice | john pavlovitz

To all of my Christian brothers and sisters who insist that homosexuality is a choice, I need to break down and finally admit something: I agree with you. I believe that it absolutely is a choice too, only not in the way that you may have meant

Now, before we go on, I want to be clear about something. While this excellent piece is directed at Christians, everything said here applies equally to anyone who ignorantly claims that homosexuality is a choice. I continue with selected excerpts

Christian, when you make the blanket statement that homosexuality is a sin, what you’re really doing without realizing it is reducing all LGBT people down to a sex act; as if that alone defines sexuality. You’re denying any emotional component in their lives; any capacity to feel real love or show genuine affection toward someone else. In a gross oversimplification, you’re labeling a complex, fully formed human being as merely a performer of intercourse

Consider this:

You know that in your own life, the physical act of sex isn’t the totality of your sexuality; that it is also about affection and companionship and the desire to love and be loved. It’s about who you are drawn to and attracted to and compelled to be close to.

In your own story, you experienced those things firsthand before you ever thought about or experienced the act of intercourse. In those moments when you first began to understand your own sexual identity, it snuck up on you and surprised you. There was likely no internal battle, no great wrestling, no real conscious choice to be made. It was not a decision that you came to, but a realization.

Is something beginning to dawn on you? I hope so, but if not, here is more:
Christian, you probably recall this in your own story of sexual identity and self discovery don’t you? You simply felt naturally and quite involuntarily, the impulses you felt.

By following those impulses, you were making a choice, too. You were choosing to be authentic and true to your heart and mind’s leading. You were choosing to agree with the truth about how you loved. The alternative would never have been an option.

Why is it so hard for you to believe that LGBT people are operating any differently?
It just gets better! Anyone who can’t relate to this and see how stupid it is to claim that homosexuality is a choice is a hopeless empty shell of a human being

It’s rather careless to treat the gay community as if they are choosing their path of orientation, because what you’re implying when you do so, is that they are naturally wired to be straight but are making the conscious decision to act in direct opposition to this. You are charging them with the most profound emotional treason.

Does that line of thinking work at all if you superimpose it onto your own life? That would mean that you could just as easily be gay as straight; that you could, with enough cajoling and suggestion and support and prayer—choose to be attracted to, desiring of, and aroused by someone of the same sex.

I can't agree because I can't help think that sometimes we must help our friends. IN my school, there was this very big gay guy who used to give me big hugs and protective attitude and all that crap which I hated because I was not gay. Then he did it to my friend. With him I think he may have succeeded because my friend dumped the girl I got for him. This is horrible. I think I observed, that gays, at least feminine gays are not sexually active in a homosexual manner, until a gay aggressor comes down on them. If we could stop masculine gays, then feminine gays would be heterosexual. This is my observation. I am worried.

1) Not a hugger myself, although I do enjoy it when a woman pushes her tits against me. Still, just because a guy is a hugger doesn't mean he's gay. Either way, unless he's pushing a boner against you at the same time, I wouldn't put too much into it.

2) Dude, people don't turn gay. Either they are and they are masking it or they aren't. If you have doubts, then you should seek some counseling to accept your true self. As TheProgressivePatriot mentioned, there is some grey between pure straight and pure gay. No one can force you to be something you are not.

3) Why are you so upset about what others do with their lives?

Yes, Homosexuality Absolutely is A Choice Yes, Homosexuality Absolutely is A Choice | john pavlovitz

To all of my Christian brothers and sisters who insist that homosexuality is a choice, I need to break down and finally admit something: I agree with you. I believe that it absolutely is a choice too, only not in the way that you may have meant

Now, before we go on, I want to be clear about something. While this excellent piece is directed at Christians, everything said here applies equally to anyone who ignorantly claims that homosexuality is a choice. I continue with selected excerpts

Christian, when you make the blanket statement that homosexuality is a sin, what you’re really doing without realizing it is reducing all LGBT people down to a sex act; as if that alone defines sexuality. You’re denying any emotional component in their lives; any capacity to feel real love or show genuine affection toward someone else. In a gross oversimplification, you’re labeling a complex, fully formed human being as merely a performer of intercourse

Consider this:

You know that in your own life, the physical act of sex isn’t the totality of your sexuality; that it is also about affection and companionship and the desire to love and be loved. It’s about who you are drawn to and attracted to and compelled to be close to.

In your own story, you experienced those things firsthand before you ever thought about or experienced the act of intercourse. In those moments when you first began to understand your own sexual identity, it snuck up on you and surprised you. There was likely no internal battle, no great wrestling, no real conscious choice to be made. It was not a decision that you came to, but a realization.

Christian, you probably recall this in your own story of sexual identity and self discovery don’t you? You simply felt naturally and quite involuntarily, the impulses you felt.

By following those impulses, you were making a choice, too. You were choosing to be authentic and true to your heart and mind’s leading. You were choosing to agree with the truth about how you loved. The alternative would never have been an option.

Why is it so hard for you to believe that LGBT people are operating any differently?
It just gets better! Anyone who can’t relate to this and see how stupid it is to claim that homosexuality is a choice is a hopeless empty shell of a human being

It’s rather careless to treat the gay community as if they are choosing their path of orientation, because what you’re implying when you do so, is that they are naturally wired to be straight but are making the conscious decision to act in direct opposition to this. You are charging them with the most profound emotional treason.

Does that line of thinking work at all if you superimpose it onto your own life? That would mean that you could just as easily be gay as straight; that you could, with enough cajoling and suggestion and support and prayer—choose to be attracted to, desiring of, and aroused by someone of the same sex.

Okay, so here, especially in the last paragraph, it is postulated that everyone is on various degrees of bi sexuality. This may be true but if allowed then most definitely does endanger most if not all feminine bi sexual people, in the sense of physical and emotional health. The hype of love, as pointed out in the post, is strong, regardless of sexual orientation indeed, but is also a scientically proven source of neurosis. This, coupled with the physical and mental problems of same sex attraction seems to prove my points about trauma and others. These people need help, not acceptance nor stigmatization though, don't you think? It is scientifically established that the various degrees of love normally relate to their specific target categories. The post showcases a mixup of these categories, so could be classified as a disorder.

Consider this:

Okay, so here, especially in the last paragraph, it is postulated that everyone is on various degrees of bi sexuality. This may be true but if allowed then most definitely does endanger most if not all feminine bi sexual people, in the sense of physical and emotional health. The hype of love, as pointed out in the post, is strong, regardless of sexual orientation indeed, but is also a scientically proven source of neurosis. This, coupled with the physical and mental problems of same sex attraction seems to prove my points about trauma and others. These people need help, not acceptance nor stigmatization though, don't you think? It is scientifically established that the various degrees of love normally relate to their specific target categories. The post showcases a mixup of these categories, so could be classified as a disorder.
Where the hell is all of the science that you mention but never, ever document? Neurosis? These people need help? YOU Need help!

1) Not a hugger myself, although I do enjoy it when a woman pushes her tits against me. Still, just because a guy is a hugger doesn't mean he's gay. Either way, unless he's pushing a boner against you at the same time, I wouldn't put too much into it.

2) Dude, people don't turn gay. Either they are and they are masking it or they aren't. If you have doubts, then you should seek some counseling to accept your true self. As TheProgressivePatriot mentioned, there is some grey between pure straight and pure gay. No one can force you to be something you are not.

3) Why are you so upset about what others do with their lives?

I think I could answer your point #3 with TheProgressivePatriot's latest post, that our relationships with the people around us are characterized with various degrees of love-hate. This makes you a part of others' lives and others a part of your life. As a result, if my friend is sodomized, it hurts me too. And if my gf says I may be gay, it shakes me. And I bet vice versa. The human grid effect?

Consider this:

Where the hell is all of the science that you mention but never, ever document? Neurosis? These people need help? YOU Need help!

Then I suppose you would be okay if big queenie puts his arms around you whether you like it or not, because you will change your mind as soon as you drop your soap. Hehe. I lost your point. But yes you are right, you can beat people into homosexuality. Isn't that a bad thing?

Consider this:

Then I suppose you would be okay if big queenie puts his arms around you whether you like it or not, because you will change your mind as soon as you drop your soap. Hehe. I lost your point. But yes you are right, you can beat people into homosexuality. Isn't that a bad thing?
We are done here . Really fucking done!

I think I could answer your point #3 with TheProgressivePatriot's latest post, that our relationships with the people around us are characterized with various degrees of love-hate. This makes you a part of others' lives and others a part of your life. As a result, if my friend is sodomized, it hurts me too. And if my gf says I may be gay, it shakes me. And I bet vice versa. The human grid effect?
Two hot headed idiots comparing their dick sizes isn't proof of anything except that they are more emotional than a 12 year old girl on her first period.

Your posts indicate "sexual confusion". Since you never stated your age, which you are free to hide, I'm assessing you are young; probably less than 25 and more probably 15 to 21. Sexual confusion is common among young people. It's a conflict between what they feel and what they think is expected of them by their peers, parents and society. In short, it's normal to feel confused. What's not normal is to spread hate against others. Worse is to advocate violence, no matter how subtly.

Consider this:

We are done here . Really fucking done!
Ultimatums are for wusses! :p

Yes, Homosexuality Absolutely is A Choice...
Writing 101 says lead with your most important point.

Nope, it's not.

I find it ironic that a liberterian would wish to tell people how to live their lives. lol
Where am I telling someone how to live their life?....or are you just nagging because that's all you have to offer?

Sadly, I don't find it unusual for a LW authoritarian to side with a hateful person.

Forum List

Back